>1hr later
>computer force crashes
>windows begins updating
>crashes again
>continues updating
>finally fucking shut it off by holding power
>turn it back on
>"Updates have been installed on your PC."
Holy fuck this is literal 1984-tier shit. How the fuck do I completely disable updates in Windows 10?

I don't think it's even possible, the last iteration of windows that allowed disabling auto update was Windows 7, there's no way to disable Cortana and Update in Win 10. Doesn't even let you remove it in registry or powershell.

How the fuck can they get away with this?
Switching to Leenux for good now, I'd rather put up with shitty support and having to program my own word processors than have a system that DECIDES FOR ME.
>mfw literally can't choose if I just want security updates, have to force-install Candy Crush and all the other bloat too.

Attached: 591.gif (680x643, 954K)

Install netlimiter and kill the downloading process

GPO
werkz on professional

Thanks user, but I was wondering, how do I tell apart the various processes?
Since disabling telemetry and cortana will brick the system. As in, how to tell apart what traffic is update downloading and what's process data?
Yeah, I'm on Home unfotunately.

>computer force crashes

Windows update doesn't crash your shit. Your ignorance made your shit crash. Who knows what the fuck you put on your box. Windows does however push the update on the next power on.

>Who the fuck knows what the fuck I put on my box.
>literally haven't installed anything new
>this happens every time Windows bugs me with an update
>every time I say "no" to creator updates is refuses to wake from sleeping causing force restart or crashes

Attached: 1507684231276.jpg (406x364, 118K)

>Yeah, I'm on Home unfotunately.
download iso, reinstall, run mstoolkit, enjoy
>inb4 trojans
werkz-on-my-machine

Attached: 1539228433966.jpg (1125x948, 83K)

>literally haven't installed anything new

ok. Not sure what this means because technically you wouldn't be lying if you installed every ransomware virus + every sort of bloat imaginable three months ago and stopped installing after that.

Like others have said, it's your own fault if your computer crashes. Some component of your hardware or a program you're running is causing system instability. It's your confirmation bias that leads you to put the blame on MS.

Attached: 1517546983618.png (400x400, 91K)

Perhaps I'm nitpicking what's otherwise a coincidence, but why does it happen right after it annoys me about an update?

Shit, meant to reply, didn't finish the post.
I'll try it I suppose.

Either it's a complete coincidence and it's all in your head, or some program you have is interfering with the update and causing your computer to produce errors
Could also be degraded hardware that shuts down for whatever reason when the computer alerts for an update, but I don't know why that would be

Very hard to explain since I'm not sitting at your computer. You know how many different computer/software configurations are possible?. Could be just one single driver involved or whatever. Those of us with experience also can probably spot it from a mile away which is why we don't have those issues meanwhile a person who doesn't know what they're doing will swear on their child's grave that their computer is taken care of meanwhile they got 5 viruses on their shit.

You anons are probably right. My example is pretty shit since it's likely a coincidence, but nevertheless, we should have the right to choose what updates to install in the first place.
A.E. If I only want security updates I should have an option to install them, or checkbox various updates.

I know I use a couple tweaking programs EVERYTIME I re-install but can't find the one that defers the updates.

>disabling telemetry and cortana
The absolute STATE of wintards holy fuck

*>disabling telemetry and cortana will brick the system

>2018
>most advanced game

Attached: tux_racer_gameplay.jpg (640x400, 115K)

make sure to disable windows defender or it will deactivate your windows

>Home
You're on the "please help me with everything I'm retarded" version so it's not surprising the OS is treating you like a child.

Wait, is that an actual thing?
I mean I use CommonSense(tm) Anti-Virus but still, that sucks.

Have you ever thought of leaving the creator club you braindead NPC?

want to disable updates?
Oy Vey goy, that's antisemitic. gotta pay the Pro tax for that

Attached: 1538856494412.png (268x188, 7K)

You agreed to it.

I'm not in it you brainlet. Creator updates are usually just major overhauls, I think the proper naming for them is "Cumulative Update" or something like that. Just semantics. Meant to talk about the cumulative updates and what-not.

I think it is yeah, it detects autokms as a virus

You know they made forced updates because brainlets like you refused to ever update and would run into bugs that were fixed.