DEVUAN IS THE BEST LINUX EXPERIENCE PROVE ME WRONG

DEVUAN IS THE BEST LINUX EXPERIENCE PROVE ME WRONG

Attached: image.jpg (844x640, 432K)

Other urls found in this thread:

devuan.org/os/etc/apt/sources.list
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I use vanilla Debian. I don't mind systemd and on occasion find it quite convenient.

If you dont like your thinkpad ican have it.

#MeToo

You're the one claiming it is the best, prove it

no

I use your nigger mother. I don't mind her oozing, syphilitic cunt, and on occasion find it quite convenient.

good thread

No, you prove that it's not.

#Me Too what?

What the fuck is wrong with your hand??????

What

Is good for beginners/intermediate users and for quick setup like servers. I still prefer source based distros for dedicated machines and HPC.

>no Chromium with VAAPI patch
GTFO

#MeToo

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1410134364106.jpg (1008x566, 48K)

devuan is great and systemd free

gnu/devuan? meh

>systemd
Fag

#MeThree

devuan is good

Devuan has backports?

yes
devuan.org/os/etc/apt/sources.list

What thinkpad is that? It's cute

what model

x131e chromebook
I wanna swap out the keyboard with a x140e keyboard so i can finally have keyboard controls for volume and brightness

Attached: 1353BDEF-4E46-495D-9E90-192E9193A7A9.png (1360x768, 894K)

>Apt
>The best experience
You need Slackware, boy.

Attached: dabbing noid.jpg (611x488, 26K)

>17GB Download
Blow it out your ass OP

aww, too bad it has a Celeron, it's adorable

For a celeron it runs pretty well with Devuan. I use it for school so primarily note taking, writig papers, research, most importantly shit posting, and it gets the job done.

>try to install in virtual machine
>black screen

Attached: 4567656.jpg (1200x793, 411K)

V O I D
O
I
D

>he doesn't edit GRUB commands

Attached: 1531144850912.jpg (1242x683, 285K)

Install it on bare metal
I considered void because it would be more up to date than devuan but idk devuan is just more appealing to me

>devuan is just more appealing to me
do you prefer the company of men?

I enjoy the company of ur mom
Also void has shit documentation

>i'm a whittle babby twying to be a big boy!
stop lying,you're a faggot trying to wear straight man's pants

I need VMs too though...

this

i will probably regret this but i will, i hope it can replace xubuntu for me. i know debian isn't as up to date and i wont be able to use ppas, i hope that wont be such a big deal

I want the one with an AMD APU for a 'modern' laptop with no Meltdown or PSP.

just get an E series thinkpad with the 2700U and install Gentoo, since Chrome OS is based on it, and the best part is it's telemetry free

Devuan is pretty nice. I don't even use Debian anymore.

neatly done

Attached: 1492743477320.jpg (669x429, 174K)

Okay.

Attached: dub-trips.png (562x179, 8K)

Look in the files of the torrent user.
You only need the netinstall iso in the least.

>1360x768

Devuan is better than Void hands down but idk if it’s the best Linux. Currently thinking of switching from Arch

>Shit thinkpad in pic
How can we trust your word, user?

The thinkpad x131e is anything but shit. It’s a great netbook sized computer with a lot of ports, decent battery life, great compatibility with gnu/linux, and lots of spare parts sold online.
Oh yeah, and its faster than your x60 and has a display from this decade

I was not aware that the kernel changed its name to devuan