Browser thread

So, how long does Firefox has to live before the inside corruption finally ruins what the competent men that were there before have made?

Attached: womyn_and_shitskins_cant_into_merit.png (1199x809, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
spyware.neocities.org/images/wfox.png
chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/ /919984
blog.mozilla.org/inclusion/2018/10/02/words-matter-moving-beyond-meritocracy/
postmeritocracy.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop using it.

Nobody on Jow Forums uses it anymore, of course, but how long until it's too fucked up even for normies?

>Nobody on Jow Forums uses it anymore
speak for yourself

The fuck are you talking about? Only Jow Forums doesn't use it. Jow Forums does because it's the most feature rich and powerful browser with no real alternatives. You can use IceCat/Tor Browser/Waterfox if you're autistic about Mozilla.

I went to Opera a long time ago

Of course we use it.
The thing is the only real competitors are Chrome and its clones (even if you're using shit like Vivaldi or Opera you effectively increase Google's monopoly) or some forks of Firefox like Waterfox, which are the same thing as original but worse.

>most feature rich and powerful browser with no real alternatives
You misspelled chrom you retard

nobody uses the official branch*
but forks instead, and with good reason, im using my own inhouse 52esr version and wouldnt trade for anything else

I didn't. Chrome sucks at blocking anything or integrating with the OS you're using.

>Jow Forums does because it's the most feature rich and powerful browser

Attached: 1537187816157.png (558x614, 45K)

You literally can't name a better browser, retard.

Firefox was a good browser, the foundations are still strong, that's why a lot of us use Waterfox, since it's Firefox, but better.

Fuck, I miss Firecocks' full-screen mode so fucking much on my glorious Opera. I also loved how it delete all data after exit.

microsoft edge

Considering forks like Waterfox still rely on security updates from Mozilla Firefox I don't see any reason why I would want Firefox to die. I prefer using Firefox forks than Chrome forks.

Most Firefox forks.

Attached: waterfox.png (534x322, 17K)

the irony

Hahahahahaha

>waterfox
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html

>Waterfox is a fork of Firefox that claims to be more private and secure than Firefox. However, Waterfox contains telemetry and shares information about you with Mozilla, and has other spyware features.

>Waterfox connects to spyware services when it is first run

>If you start up Waterfox for the first time, it will make109 requests[5]to several spyware platforms, most notably Google Analytics, and Mozilla online services like its Geolocation service, and several other Mozilla services, as well as Waterfox's own update service. You can look at a list of these requests here spyware.neocities.org/images/wfox.png
>Waterfox "phones home" with information about your computer whenever you start it up
>Waterfox offers spyware search engines to its users and uses Bing as its default search engine
>Waterfox sends all website notifications through Mozilla's servers

Tldr waterfox is garbage and Firefox is superior in every way. At least Firefox isn't outdated. Reminder that the ONLY reason waterfox ever existed was to provide 64bit Firefox which Mozilla didn't do more than 5 years ago. Waterfox literally serves no purpose anymore. Stop shilling that garbage.

How delusional do you have to be in order to deny the Chrome's superiority?

bump

>most feature rich and powerful browser with no real alternatives
negro wut?

>years old and now invalid article from a neocities website
You had to search far for that one, cringe.

Attached: 1537448976315.png (230x219, 7K)

Only browser that properly recognizes protocols that aren't http/https for your installed software and asks the OS what to do with them. WebKit/Blink browsers don't do this so opening magnet links, mumble rooms, etc. is impossible from those browsers unless you use addons.
Only browser that has about:config and a non-shit settings UI/UX and UI in general.
Only browser that has the option to clear private data when you leave it without always enabling private browsing, and whitelist what to clear with this.

>years old and now invalid
So just like waterfox?

Attached: the_king_speaks.png (756x481, 101K)

t. tranny

2 years max

why do people cite this guy constantly when the dude is a clown that considers literally everything spyware

It's also the only browser that manages to out-eat all the others in regards to memory, and doesn't have a proper GC that works consistently across all platforms. And even after all these years Mozilla still cannot into hardware acceleration and webrender is a joke.

>why do people cite this guy constantly when the dude is a clown that considers literally everything spyware
Because it's the only "source" they could find, because there is nothing wrong with Waterfox.

I can't hear you from all these addons I have on the android version.

I just use SeaMonkey instead :^)

>considers literally everything spyware
Give me an example where he called something spyware without it actually being spyware?

There are a few reasons why anyone would use Firefox right now
>privacy
>extensions
>customizability
Currently, Firefox is better than any other major browser at all three of those. Sure you may argue that they've gotten worse at all of them, and I'd agree with you, but still nothing else comes close.

>52esr
Top-tier autism

>ruins what the competent men that were there before have made
happened a year ago

>>years old and now invalid article

Attached: file.png (604x202, 32K)

>considers literally everything spyware
It just seems that way because everything you use is spyware.

oh god that image again...

>Chromium-based browsers do not support user styles.
Vivaldi does with both built-in settings and editable files (bundle.js common.css browser.html files)
>Chromium-based browsers can't block data: ....
Has been fixed:
chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/ /919984
>Instant logic
Instant logic has been targeting chrome cause of the larger market share and it's possible on firefox too, on ublock github issues there's a discussion about it and that maybe the ubo extra will be needed on firefox too if they start targeting it.
>Not aware of any anti-fingerprinting initiative ...
fucking irrelevant.

>how long
At least until op's pic becomes real.

Waterfox is better than Firefox for privacy and extensions though.

Waterfox

>At least until op's pic becomes real.
blog.mozilla.org/inclusion/2018/10/02/words-matter-moving-beyond-meritocracy/

>Only browser that properly recognizes protocols that aren't http/https for your installed software and asks the OS what to do with them. WebKit/Blink browsers don't do this so opening magnet links, mumble rooms, etc. is impossible from those browsers unless you use addons.

Protocol handler option, it's pretty easy to use no addon needed.

>Only browser that has about:config and a non-shit settings UI/UX and UI in general.

About:config is rapidly becoming irrelevant now that they change the name of the entries every few updates to fuck with your telemetry settings.

>Only browser that has the option to clear private data when you leave it without always enabling private browsing, and whitelist what to clear with this.

Vivaldi has an option for that, and i'm almost sure that even chromium has a session only option.

and of course:

>hurr Jow Forums
>no alternatives
>immediately contradict yourself by listing alternatives.
Why are leftists so subhuman and incapable of logic?

SeaMonkey is godtier

Hahhahah.
Moving beyond meritocracy.
People do things for money, power or fame.

"Moving beyond a meritocracy" removes most of the reasons people contribute to anything.

Good luck with that.

>Good luck with that.
Hence the question, we all know that communism destroys productivity, so Firefox will soon fall.

>vivaldi
Vivaldi is irrelevant
>fucking irrelevant
It isn't.

>immediately contradict yourself by listing alternatives.
Are you fucking retarded? All of those are just Firefox with different defaults.

epic post sir, no other browsers can have extensions on mobile, if i had the money i would give you gold

Give me a chromium browser with uBlock Origin, cookieautodelete and uMatrix. I'm waiting.

chrome, opera

Firefox has been dead since version 4.

>It isn't.

It's a fucking snake oil initiative with with a flawed implementation that does little to prevent fingerprinting.

Luckily you can still use SeaMonkey

>proprietary browsers
I'm not installing that trash, post an image showing that chrome for android runs uBO.

moz://a's website redesign is cancer

Meanwhile on chromium side
>Brave
>"we're making a privacy oriented browser!"
>"we made tor tabs!"
>go to panopticlick: your browser's fingerprint is unique
>go to panopticlick on a tor tab: your browser's fingerprint is even more unique
vs
>tor browser which is firefox based: your browser doesn't have a unique fingerprint
>Firefox after doing tweaks for less than 2 minutes it gets identical results as the Tor Browser
Yes, Firefox is clearly superior and you have to be retarded to think otherwise.

there's ways to easy fingerprint firefox that are not implemented on panopticlick.

Tor browser without tweaks does a pretty good job, you can detect it's a tor browser but not the user behind it, shame that you will have to fill captchas all the time.

>getting cucked by the eternal chink

Attached: george_costanza_meme_becomes_manga_by_glebthezombie-d9ju7rq.jpg (894x894, 368K)

>shame that you will have to fill captchas all the time.
You don't unless you visit trash sites

The only true Firefox fork is IceCat. It actually respects you and your privacy, unlike Waterpoz and Pale Meme.

Just gonna use ESR 52 for the rest of eternity.

ungoogled chromium my dudes
I switched because firefox uses too much ram

Is meritocracy in quote because they believe the current system is not one. Or is it in quotes because they don't like the best person for the job doing that job. Honest question I'm having trouble decoding this.

postmeritocracy.org/

Of course he is, he browse Jow Forums

>“Meritocracy” was widely adopted as a best practice among open source projects in the founding days of the movement
Yes.
>it appeared to speak to collaboration amongst peers and across organizational boundaries.
Linux was created from scratch and so was Firefox, so there is no "appeared" or skepticism about the results which required the collaboration among technically skilled peers and across organizational boundaries.
>20 years later, we understand that this concept was practiced in a world characterized by both hidden bias and outright abuse.
Which resulted in the creation and advancement of a product.
We also know that we wouldn't have the civilization today without a history filled with hidden bias and outright abuse resulting in steps and shortcuts for the advancement of society on all fronts by setting the standards for the opposing forces.
The problem here is that the standard of the woman writing this anti-meritocracy thesis showcases an inability to create a software out of scratch like the "flawed" meritocracy did. The mouth doesn't lead to result.
Herein lies the problem. The people who are supposed to replace the system first have to provide evidence that they have what it takes to replace it by showcasing equal or even greater capability at creating the technology that the old system created from scratch. They however don't showcase this evidence, therefore their words and theories are empty, and their motivations in tackling existing businesses instead of carving out their own are suspect at the very least.

Attached: 1539178037943.png (1352x1448, 182K)