/spg/ - Smartphone General

Honor 8X Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Honor-8X-AM-AH-3.jpg (1350x900, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/14pYNywLqDs
androidheadlines.com/2018/10/oppo-r19-leaks-to-reveal-possible-oneplus-7-design.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck notches

>best camera
>best screen
>best software
>best dev community

Why haven't you ordered one yet?

>pocomeme
>best anything
Yikes

Smartphones are boring. It's not 2008 anymore.

i'm sorry, but how the fuck can anybody even justify going NEAR a samsung phone? i was just in a phone shop, tried out the iphone XS and it was fucking orgasmic to use, used the s9+ or whatever that was beside it and it was fucking DISGUSTING. noticable input lag, frame drops when switching apps, ugly as FUCK UI, literally NOTHING appealing about it. why the FUCK do people buy these phones?

Color means nothing on smartphones because you're using a non-transparent case anyways

Reposting from last thread: between Note 9 and iPhone X-variant. Like the note 9 for the stylus for note writing because I use post it notes and handwritten notes daily.

Currently on an s7 active which has slowly degraded over time, but at least its lag isn't as bad as my galaxy s3 (which I wanted to throw at a wall multiple times per day).

To answer a previous user's reply on the previous thread, my employer covers part of my phone bill, so unlocked phones would most likely not be covered by that benefit, so I'm just trying to go through my carrier so the phone isn't as expensive for me. It's AT&T so my options are essentially Samsung or Apple.

Looking mostly for good battery life and for the phone to last at least 3 years. What would Jow Forums recommend? Just do my daily notes on paper and go iPhone for the 5+ year software support, or stay Android and hope my phone lasts past 3 years hardware wise and accept I won't get software support after 3 years of security patches?

Americans don't really have good choices beyond Samsung and Apple.

You think apples UI is better? The UI thats barely changed anything since 2007?

yes? i'm not so much referring to functionality (they are pretty similar in that regard) but the looks of it. like, the fucking rounded bubbles and cluttered icons with disgusting colours, along with random widgets and text placed like an utter mess across the homepage. looks like something from 2005.

because its fuckin perfect

I'm not using a case at all

I have a galaxy s7 right now with screen burn. I'm in the US and my Carrier is t-mobile. should i wait for the s10? all smart phones right now have very simaler specs to my current one so i dont know what to do.

I can change the look of pretty much anything on my S9+. The i can change the colors, text, application pictures, and the transition between switching apps. Even those bubbled icons that are so important. im not sure what your complaining about. Samsung has thousands of more options to how your phone looks visually when using. It.

You can remove and add any widgets you want. And a lot of then are helpful.

Where my pixel boys at? Got my 3 xl preordered.

My s7 edge has horrific lag. It's borderline unusable. It crashes multiple times a week. Everything is jittery and unresponsive. I can't even use gps and listen to music at the same time anymore.

The Samsung lag is not a meme.

Congrats on buying the worst phone of the year

Ordered during the keynote.

Kinda wanting to cancel because xposed for pie isn't out and I want to wait for black friday to get some freebies.

>if it's old, it's bad
k, kid

ok maybe after hours of tweaking you can have a buggy shitty mess that will break after every update. sounds great!

You can flash a stock rom

Reposting from last thread

Hi, my retard friend broke another phone, so I think the only solution is to get him a rugged phone.
>Country
Italy
>Carrier
Iliad
>Wanted features
Rugged and, if possible, decently performing (something equal to snapdragon 625, all I see is mediatek shit)
>Budget
Less than €200, so chinkshit is the only option
>Size
Anything manageable I guess, but from what I've seen rugged phone are non too big

Shill your memes please

Redmeme Note 5

Frame drops? U realise this is not /v/ right?

what's the difference between the s9 plus and the note 9? price is no object but for what i see these two are literally the same phone, there's no way that bluetooth pen is worth 200 bucks

Hours of tweaking? Dude it takes 5 minutes at max. And an update doesn't change any of your settings. Wtf are you smoking

Besides a little bit of a bigger battery, and having the S-pen features nothing really.

If your gonna flash a different rom on a iphone whats even the point of having the iPhone? That's gonna take way more time and effort than just downloading a launcher on your handy dandy android device.

That's not rugged

Is p20 good enough for my needs?
>decent battery
>snappy performance
>nice display for youtube and web
>bright enough for outside use
>usable without any case/screen protector
>will last at least 3 years
>doesn't overheat
>decent build quality

>locked bootloader
i don't care, never tinkered with my phones and i have used galaxy s3 which had laggwizz and g3 which was underpowered for QHD without thinking about rooting/flashing and whatnot
>get the pocomeme
it's too large, too wide to be precise. i don't think i can get used to such a big phone

Attached: 104039389_1.jpg (560x560, 32K)

That’s the reasoning for removing the headphone jack though
>it’s old so it’s bad

show me an example of a samsung device with a UI on comparison with apple's.

Rugged phones are trash. Just get a decent non-rugged phone and a rugged case for it.

Best screen? S9 user here.
SAMOLED master race!

Attached: images(6).jpg (254x326, 11K)

S9 user here
>what does themes app do?
>what are icons?

Attached: images(7).jpg (250x250, 6K)

You are comparing the candy like icons of Apple UI with Samsung?
kys.

>>will last at least 3 years
>>snappy performance
yeah, good luck with that

iphone6s is dead from too many drops. going to get an X, should i get the X or Xs? is it worth the price?

How about you show me an example of Apples UI being able to change anything about the phone besides the wallpaper and ringtone. It isnt samsung specific, literally every android phone on the market, whether its old or brand new, has access to hundreds of launchers to make your phones UI work however you want it to. You can change absolutely everything. So saying that Apple "looks" better is irrelevant because you can make a android look EXACTLY like an iPhone. Becuase its meant to be customized and used depending on the person using it. Unlike iphone, becuass every single iphone UI looks exactly the same no matter whose iphone it is.

ok, show me a samsung phone using apples ui exactly as is. if you can do that i'll admit defeat in this argument. doesn't change the points i have about input lag, frame drops etc.

my s3 and g3 had pretty consistent performance during the time owned them. problem is, they were shit out of box, had too many features and pixel for power they were packing, today its a bit different isn't it

Are you the one using a over 2 year old phone? And complaining about lag?
Heres your apple UI on a samsung phone btw
youtu.be/14pYNywLqDs

OH so now Apple is literally perfect and anything that differs is ugly? Apple trolls, everyone.

My P8max that I bought in 2015 is still going strong.

>changing something that works for the sake of novelty
>considering OS changes a form of entertainment instead of using tools that work

Why do we dislike Pixel 3 XL's notch again?

Attached: 31212.jpg (366x521, 140K)

ok, it's a buggy piece of shit as expected but it does look like apple so i guess i'll give half points?

and no, i used the s9+ after the Xs. the difference between the two, in terms of performance and fluidity was astonishing.

I have the s9+ and i havent run into any issues at all. And i actually keep my processor set at 70% power to save battery. When i put it at 100% its buttery smooth. And i put some heavy usage on my processor. I route to my home computer often. I never have usues on the s9 siden

Yeah so then just get an android becuase you dont need to flash anything to change your UI. It's all meant to he changed however you wanna change it. Apppe doesn't let you change ot customize anything. Most likely becuase they cant think of anything that wouldn't be a total rip off of android or any android launchers.

You have your own thread, basedman. Do not get greedy

Update on my Honor 9 Lite: it's really not bad at all for a budget phone. Does everything I need, and the fingerprint reader is actually pretty handy. Blue case is gorgeous.

user is sad

Attached: goku_is_charming____by_milkshakeangelz-d4ugcwp.png (900x659, 383K)

oh fuck off

Is there any smartphone which isn't huge? I've had an iphone 3gs and currently a iphone 5. It's starting to fall apart on me, and i'm considering getting an iphone 8.

However, perhaps it's time for me to diverge from apple because I'm not really appreciating the ever growing size. Are there any smartphones which are about the size of an Iphone 3-4?

nice notch lmao

>2018
>being notchlet

Good defaults are superior to cumbersome customisability for most users.

Also Google botnet.

Seriously considering buying an old iphone whenever my lg g5 kicks the bucket. I'm so fucking tired of Google virtue signalling, censoring conservatives and libertarians, working to undermine privacy, censoring guns, and all this other bullshit

Attached: 760567.jpg (1200x858, 109K)

Not being able to customize your UI at all is not a good default. And its also the only default, no other options. Everyone likes options. Unless your really close minded.

Your not escaping the google botnet just becuase you dont use an android phone lol

My most recent phone broke, and I need a new one. I've decided that I'm sick of using it the time, and just want a very minimal phone. Something that'll function well enough to use a map, call Lyfts from time to time, and some basic messaging apps. Aside from that, really the only thing I want is a good battery. Ideally in the $100-$150 dollar range. Living in the US, and I have an AT&T plan.

Anyone used the Nova 3? It looks great, surprised it doesn't get more attention here unless I'm missing something

The SE is great

should have tagged you in my previous post, but why not get an SE? It's literally a 5 with better guts

Id recommend the Huawei Honor 8. Really good phone for less than 150

Mi mix 2s or oneplus 6t?

Give me one(1) reason I should pee before I poop.

6T or wait for Mi Mix 3.

BASED

androidheadlines.com/2018/10/oppo-r19-leaks-to-reveal-possible-oneplus-7-design.html

Attached: OPPO-R19-and-possible-OnePlus-7-leak-1.jpg (1057x711, 47K)

My 5 years old Xperia V became unusable and i need a new phone. What can i get with $350-400 budget?

Man how do people deal with no notifications because of the notch. I've been using a notch phone for a week and I still can't get used to it.

Y'all niggers crying because your flagshit overpriced piece of crap 1 and 2 year old samdump botnets are slow as fuck maybe due to deliberatelys crappy samdump memory chips and batteries and have screen burnt and or "edge" lines because crappy organic planned obsolence screen while I'm here in comfy with my BL unlocked and semi de-botneted LG K20 Plus with no notches, a nice removable battery, a 0.1ms fingerprint scanner that is also a REAL button, and a screen that doesn't spoil itself over time, fast as fuck despite "only" having a Quad Core and 2gb of RAM, and I just paid like 69.99 for this shit Brand New 2 years ago. It proves y'all ni/g/gers are NPC's programmed by the matrix to consume "whatever is trend" shit gizmo. Also fag OP promoting the ultimate chink botnet, Jow Forums is cucked and a literal pajeet pooing loo in 2018

Attached: Screenshot_20181009-184859.png (720x1280, 365K)

A pair of LG V20's, or like 8 K20's :^)

>apple
>great

Choose 1

Install Lineage

OnePlus 6 for $450 or Galaxy S9+ (open box) for around $530?
I wish I could have a S9+ with SD845 and OxygenOS, it would be the perfect phone.

Thanks but I'm not a nigger, I happen to have a functional "notch" in my phone

Attached: images(5).jpg (663x463, 26K)

I figure this is a good place to ask. How to get free paid apps?

You should get a bullet inside your head rather

When will iPhone 7 plus price go down? Will it or will it not?

SUPER
Absolutely
Measured
Obsolescence
Leading
Eyestrain
Disease

AMOLED is cucked, cringe and bluepill. Is like making an screen out of cheese, knowing it is going to eventually spoil itself and be useful for nothing. TFT Chadtrix with LED backlit is the real deal, no wonder why you're 15 year old thinkpads have perfect displays still and despite every single one being used and abused

A "rugged" phone with a glass screen, is like having a Jeep Wrangler with a Fiat motor and Prius tyres and still wanting to hillclimb and off road with that shit

B O O T
L O O P

I had the RN4 and dropped it from a 2nd floor like 4 times (I work as a contractor helper) it was all torn and beat but still worked with all its functions and LED display intact. It still sits in a drawer, I'm too lazy to order new glass and back shell from Chinkstan

>t. seething poorfag

That was the V10, G4 and G5 with the shit 805 & 810 chips melting the crappy sodder due to LG being cheap fucks and moving their production out of Korea to chinkna, mein V20 has never bootlooped despite being chinkshit and through several custom ROMs tho

My G3 shat itself out of nowhere and never recovered as well. Probably some MB issue.
After that I'm never going with LG again, as though I liked my G3.

>Lagdroid is so shit his user HAVE to install (((cuckstom rom)))

>you don't into AMOLED
>HURRR you must be POORFAG

fuck off, go lick nigger cum out of your nigger organic matter made screen before it spoils itself as every single AMOLED screen existent

I buy all my phones with sights of installing custom ROMs out of the box, is like getting a laptop with Windows 10 out of the box and installing Steam OS, its freedom of choice over the "it just werks" meme. If a device can't do that out of the box, is no buy for me and its garbage, no matter if its 24k gold $1488 burgershekel gizmo. Now suck my brown dick, faggot

Had a similar experience with the G2, I moved to Xiaomeme for a while but it got old on me fast, also shit, went back with LG due to the removable battery meme and the v20 hasn't yet let me down so far 16 months, also have a K20 for work so if it ends inside a concrete mixer at my jobsite is not much of a worry

>Android ROM coded by actual engineers
>custom ROM carefully designed by reyansh and ported for your device by rajesh using his poo'ed fingers

If only the choice was easier.

Droid Turbo 2/ Moto Z Force

Hi Jow Forums
I just bought Xiaomi A2 Lite, i just fell in love with the design and everything and luckily it doesnt come with Xiaomi MIUI botnet. But obviously as its plain android (8.1) its all Google everywhere. I never had an android phone so last 24 hours its all been just about declining all the prompts about google wanting to access this or that, but im sure they track every shit i do regardless.
Now, what are my options to go at least a little libre/free with the phone?
>inb4 triangulation
im not trying to hide from the towers, just from google. Im looking for a free software solution of using this new xiaomi and hopefully it should be able to run Signal without a hustle.

Yeah man, I also fell for the Xiaomeme.
Swapped my G3 for a Mi 5 and it's gonna complete 2 years in a few months. I hate this phone so much now. Can't stand shitty MIUI and the custom ROMS are in the same shitty level. Also the design of it bothers me now, the edges are so sharp they almost hurt my hand holding it.

My next phone is going to be a S9+ and I'm settled on that. Maybe OP6T depending on launch price and specs.

Attached: Indian_Woman_with_bindi.jpg (720x1080, 68K)

POO IN LOO

>Android ROM coded by literal niggers wageslaving and grooking Java in some 3rd world shithole for some big corporation deliberately setting backdoors, installing botnet and obsolescence switches
>Android ROM coded by some Based pajeet kid doing a CS major pooing in loo in his unbotneted chinkphone while SSH'ing to his Librebooted Core 2 Shmuo chinkpad to werk his Microsoft Expert Assistant gig, attending John and Mary, who can't into syncing their iPhones SE to Windows 10 October 2018 update that removed 558mb of pictures of their newborn

If only you weren't a nigger

Attached: pooinay.jpg (450x276, 37K)