Why is iPhone battery life still dogshit?

Why is iPhone battery life still dogshit?

youtu.be/RF6-eLoNwZQ

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-12-14-16-11.png (1280x720, 479K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c06HoSJdDjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because iphone is dogshit? Because apple are fucking dickheads?

A12 is a fucking 7nm chip, it's supposed to be the cream of the crop too. How did they fuck it up so badly it lost to a 14nm snapdragon housefire?

"The Galaxy Note 9 has slightly longer battery life than the iPhone XS Max. ... The Note 9 has a 4,000-mAh battery, while the iPhone XS Max has a 3,179-mAh battery. Tests by the website Tom's Guide found that the Note 9 got 11 hours and 26 minutes of battery life, while the XS Max got 10 hours and 38 minutes."

Well this test combines real world use and the Note 9 got like 50% better battery life.

For everone at home, that's a 25% bigger battery netting 9% longer life. Lol.

If you're gonna talk about unrealistic tests then why not just post gookbench scores?

then explain OP's video

>iShit
Found your problem.

Most websites run benchmark tests and whatever else they do is on WiFi assuming that everyone loves in a Starbucks cafe.

Attached: gooMuLD.gif (227x136, 1.24M)

Because all of apple's socs are just low core cpus configured to god frequencies and throttle after a couple of minutes.

>14nm snapdragon
you mean 10nm?

SD 835 was 10nm LPE
SD 845 is 10nm LPP

fpbp
apple is a fucking joke
shit battery
shit performance
shit durability
$1500 itoy can't even compare with a $300 poco f1

Attached: 1520819638036.webm (640x360, 2.65M)

So how come in this video with only a 25% larger battery, the Note9 has 37% battery remaining when the iPhone dies?

Look m8, we have to make it a millimeter thinner so that retards go "oh wew so thin, so technologically advanced" so we made the battery smaller.

>iShit
Found your problem.

iToddlers completely BTFO

>muh phone battery lasts 15 minutes longer than other phone battery
>compare compare compare
>my brand is better than other brand
Very teeny

Attached: brainlet0.png (245x206, 6K)

It was an hour longer.

He came here to shit on the thread and the posters, you can't exactly expect him to watch the video.

top lol

Attached: Screenshot_20180924-180257.png (1080x1620, 100K)

Funny you should say that. The Note 9 comes scaled down out of the box, so when you scale it back up to its actual resolution, the battery life is way worse than the XS Max.
youtube.com/watch?v=c06HoSJdDjo

Long story short: it's because Galaxy Note comes with power-saving mode enabled out of the box. It doesn't actually use its supermegaultraHD display to its full potential.

ITODDLERS BTFO

So it gives the user the option to prioritize resolution or battery life. Something Apple is allergic to.

>unironically defending this
Lol, most people don't really even know the software is being scaled down. The ads are full of "THIS SCREEN IS SO SHARP" shit but you have to enable that sharpness in the settings.
Meanwhile, people who haven't enabled it are still fawning, "wow, this screen is so amazing how does samsung do it."
it's quite literally a trick, and you're defending it because at least it doesn't have an apple logo.

And you do know that the iPhone has a literal power saving mode, right?

>Note 9 literally has iPhone X-tier battery life
>despite having nearly double the capacity
lol fucking samshills

Just because you're rendering at 1080p instead of 1440p doesn't mean the screen itself isn't sharp as fuck because the screen itself is still 1440p.

kinda weird that samshills are always laughing at isheep for buying products that aren't running at full potential by default but defend it when samsung does it, innit

imagine using a mobile OS designed by an ad company and the NSA, and then acting smug about it.

Not really considering it takes all of 10 seconds to go into the settings and change it.

I did so on the first day I got my Note8. Haven't had to do anything since then. It stays at 1440p unless I specifically go change it back.

>Not really considering it takes all of 10 seconds to go into the settings and change it.
that is, if you even know it's scaled down at all, which most people don't. most people just buy notes for the pen and giant screen, and don't fuck around in the settings too much.

Jesus fucking christ, yet they advertise it as 1440p. That's fucking scam-level shit.

I'm an iPhone guy, but fucking sake's, if you're gonna go Android, Samsung is a pretty shitty company to choose. At least choose a fucking Sony or some shit.

And again, so fucking what? A 1440p screen displaying 1080p rendering STILL looks better than a 1080p screen displaying 1080p rendering.

Pixel density of the screen doesn't change just because it's rendering at a lower res.

Not to mention, at that small screen size, your GUI is being scaled up so you can read text at a decent size ANYWAY, so it's not as if you're getting 1:1 pixel mapping for 99% of things anyway.

>A 1440p screen displaying 1080p rendering STILL looks better than a 1080p screen displaying 1080p rendering.
lol nope. 1 pixel 1080p does not result in a whole number of 1440p pixels. You get artifacts and blurriness.
and even if it did map 1:4 pixels, as it does in 4k, you get the same data, and practically no difference. Greater pixel density being used to create the same image.
>your GUI is being scaled up so you can read text at a decent size
Competent software will scale appropriately regardless of resolution, and appear the same size. Did Android fuck this up, too?

Jesus you're a retard. Enjoy your shitty phone

>55 minutes in
>one is dead
>other is at 30%
The absolute state of flagships.

What's the best Android for battery life?

Well if it counts, the iPhone X and XS are Samsung phones just with an Apple logo on them, so...

>he didn't watch the video
actually they were multiple 1 hour tests. the iPhone died 5 minutes into the last test.

It can't have been the LAST test since the Note9 continued on to 2 more 1 hour tests dying in the middle of the 2nd.

Because it's a smaller battery, dumbass.

25% smaller battery, yet the Note9 still has 37% left when the iPhone dies.

Really tickles the noodle.

And all of which have shit batterylife

Nope. The catch is you have to spend a whopping 5 minutes debloating once to get max battery life.

t. ex-iPhone X user who switched to a Note 8 and now only charges once every 3 days instead of 2 times a day.

I don't want either iPhone or Samsung. Both are ready for battery, even if debloated.. even on custom Rom

kek androidfags btfo

Introducing the new Samsung Galaxy Note 9, with a 1440p* display and a 4,000mAh** battery.

*jk it's actually 1080 but we're not telling you that
**yeah it's 4,000mAh but that's only to compensate

It is 1440p though. Do you really believe any company would ever dare to send a non 1440p panel if it explicitely says it's 1440p? Another thing is not having the resolution on by default.

Yet turning the resolution up to make the screen kills its advertised battery price.
So they're lying about either one spec or the other.

Feel free to turn it up to 1440p, unless you're gaming all the time the difference in battery life is negligible, generally less than 5% difference throughout the day.

>t. Mactoddler

>tfw have note 4
>tfw better specs than iPhone x pretty much across the board
>tfw see no reason to ever purchase another smart phone in my life
>tfw apple is not a competitor in the tech world by any means
>tfw when apple only stays relevant do to ignorant brainlets and old people

Attached: 843.jpg (320x400, 14K)

Attached: gayest post of the day award.jpg (277x182, 11K)

>his phone requires gmail

> 26% bigger battery
> 37% better battery life
wew lad

itoddlers BTFO

Note 8 here, came from iPhone 6. I have no idea how anyone can get battery life as long as they claim. Then again wireless charging has made me literally never even notice I charge my phone.

I own an S9+ and I'm running it in WQHD+.
I can literally charge it every other day despite not using any of the power-saving functions.

Why the fuck arent they just using 720p for better battery life? I rather have the battery life than super super extra HD text messages ffs.

I’m not watching feature films or playing games on a phone ffs like some loser idiot.

2014 was a good year for flagship smartphones

>3170 vs 4000
>nearly double
You weren't very good in math class, were you?

You're thinking of the XS Max. reads, "Note 9 literally has iPhone X-tier battery life," please note the lack of an S following the X.
The iPhone X has a 2,716mAh battery. The Note 9 has a 4,000mAh battery. Still not that close, so I recant my statement, but that doesn't change the fact that you got central details wrong. The both of us did. I accidentally rounded down when I shouldn't have, and you accidentally replaced a specific model with another.
I wasn't very good in math class. You weren't very good in literacy, were you?

Because then everyone would look at the spec sheet and shout, "SAMSUNG/APPLE IS BANKRUPT AND FINISHED," instinctively, not knowing that that shit doesn't really matter all that much anyway.
Gotta keep the numbers up to please the masses.

all phones have shit battery desu

iphones suck lol

and the Note9 has almost 1 million more pixels inside a larger display. how does that add up?

iPhone on this video is clearly in battery saving mode.
I am not even iOS user but I am ashamed of the androidfags. iPhones clearly don't have shitty performance.

I was rather surprised that I could see the difference between 1080p and 1440p on a S7. Marginal, but there. iPhones do the inverse, so I wonder what the result would be if they were able to set the resolution to native on an iPhone. You can do it with a jailbreak, not so much on a phone just released.

>tfw own note 4
>mmc_read fail

Then just buy a budget phone. Phones with 720p screens still exist. No one is forcing you to buy a flagshit.

not him but
1080p pentile rendering 1080p > 1080p rgb rendering 1080p > 1440p rgb rendering 1080p > 1440p pentile rendering 1080p > 1440p pentile rendering 1440p > 1440p rgb rendering 1400p and so on
and before you autists chimp out yes I know pentile uses rgb colors as well, rgb in this context refers to the traditional rgb subpixel arrangement

That's what I meant

>my phone costs 20000$ more than your phone
>"i actually never pay the full price ahnds down, i have to get a contract because i cannot afford to pay it in cash"
>my brand is more expensive than other brand
Very iToddlery

Attached: articleurn_publicid_ap.org_fc4f99680a0d4589ada00715a632c45d4ZVh6nmpfA0ce53c9b91333921df195_634x442.j (634x442, 122K)

never seen an iphone user who wasn't tethered to an outlet, trying to use their shattered, fuckt up phones while charging

Jesus christ Samshills are pathethic.

Isn't this the exact same argument you fucks use AGAINST the iPhone???? Everyone is complaing that the XS Max is not sharp enough because it's running 1200p instead of 1440p, i mean look at the comments in OPs video they're literally doing that.

This, most people I see using iPhones are constantly asking for a portable charger or where a wall outlet is.

this is why I'm getting an iPhone XR. YouTube compression makes 1080p or 1440 look like shit on a high resolution phone display anyway, but when you watch 1080p on an iPhone 6/7/8 it looks crisp.

fpbp

Wow, I never realized it was this terrible.
Thank god I didn't actually buy one.

>ishit
Found your problem.

Attached: 1536841343904.png (645x7680, 466K)