Hackintosh bread

Share your hackintosh trials and tribulations here

Here's my notes for setting up a hackintosh dell optiplex 7010: pastebin.com/4skCF9uf
specs:
>dell optiplex 7010 100USD
>i5-3470 //intel hd 2500 isn't compatible with osx
>nvidia gtx 710 (pny) 25USD
>4gb DDR3 (incl)
>64gb Adata ssd 30USD

Setup was ez-pz, everything works ootb.
This machine boots faster, launches applications faster, and compiles gcc faster than the 2017 macbook pro I have for work!

Attached: Chuck Norris.gif (350x196, 2.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/computing/278261-apple-now-bricks-macbook-pros-to-prevent-third-party-repair
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post bulge

Post feet

What a fucking moron, comparing a desktop to a laptop, and even implying something that is absolutely not true.

Attached: 1537124315325.jpg (1012x1279, 232K)

iToddlers btfo!

Built mine a few years ago, still works well. My first installations were with mountain lion, and were in the days when it was still a mild pain in the ass. It's been ez for years.

Works on my machine.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 11.16.31 PM.png (1366x768, 1.68M)

What is hackintosh?

It's when you run macOS on non-Apple hardware, since real Apple hardware is overpriced throttling dogshit that breaks in 6 months.

>a bottom of the barrel desktop PC is better than a 1 year old top of the line Apple laptop
Completely believable. The ThrottleBook Pro sucks ass in every way, shape, and form.

macOS is best BSD

>macshit
found your problem

>Believing the Microsoft shills

Attached: 1504214316998.jpg (750x584, 65K)

"Studies" like these are hugely flawed. Apple doesn't make cheap (inexpensive) laptops, the other companies do. Take out all of the other brands' models that cost less than $1000, and it's a much more even playing field. It's like when people compare iphone failure rates to all android phones - for several hundred dollars more, I certainly fucking hope it doesn't break (except when it does; chargegate, anyone?).

>Apple doesn't make cheap (inexpensive) laptops
but they do. you can get a new apple laptop for $1000

with comparable guts to the others in the 1000$ price range? I highly doubt.

Mactoddlers BTFO!

That's why I said the only fair way to compare failure rates is to take out models costing less than $1000 from the equation. Each of the other companies on that list (other than MS) has laptops you can buy for under $500, for christ's sake. Also consider the budget gaming models, which cram as much horsepower into as cheap a package as possible - something apple also doesn't have an equivalent for. The only apples-to-apples comparison would be using the other brands' higher-priced business and productivity models or something.

How can Mactoddlers recover?

Macs last fucking forever. My sister has one that must be around 8 years old and it still works as fast as ever. No Windows rot etc, the only maintenence it ever got was for a cracked screen. It just werks.

often times better guts. better battery, better screen in almost all cases.

>The only apples-to-apples comparison would be using the other brands' higher-priced business and productivity models or something.
but who would spend more than $500 on a shitty acer? if you got the money to spend you just buy the best there is: Apple.

Poo in the fucking loo street shitter.

Attached: 1523604341680.jpg (2000x1333, 311K)

>thinkpad
>90% chance of getting a shitty TN panel
so high end

Apple needs to pay for some better curryniggers.

>macbook motherboard better than anyone elses
I really highly doubt

Mactoddlers BTFO

>t. iPajeet

1) Buy PowerMac G3, costs $200~$400

2) Replace memory and graphics cards, buy new OS

3) You now have a breddy good desktop that you can update in future as necessary

4) That was sure a whole lot fucking easier than dicking around with hardware literally forever and dealing with the fact that Apple Jew CEOs will be constantly trying to brick your computer

then there's the additional fifth step

5) Throw it out because Apple is garbage for iToddlers, buy random bullshit at WalMart for $300 and it's still better than Mac, if you really hate Windows that much and want to be a special snowflake pick a random Loonix OS put it on a flash drive and install

That wasn't so hard was it?

How can iCucks recover?

based and chad

baased

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>he thinks anything is worse than winshit
Let me guess, you're using it as a launcher for "muh gayemz" and you've never tried to develop an application for it beyond some shitty script. Fuck right off back to /v/

seething

Macuck

Baiting Apple users aside, what I suggested probably really is the best option if someone is dead set on MacOS. Their current offerings are all ridiculously expensive including the never-updated Mac mini, and Hackintoshing is a great hobby if spending endless hours hardware troubleshooting is your idea of a fun time.

The popular wisdom is correct: Macs are for posing with at Starbucks or whatever, Windows is lame but practical for most people, and Linux is good for people who value privacy and like having the most freedom and control.

Windows is not a great OS, but because it's what most people are using, it really is the practical choice in terms of hardware compatibility and all software, most notably games but most other software too.

Not EVERYTHING about Macs is bad, the OS is objectively more aesthetic but yeah it sucks for games, they're too expensive, and you literally have no control over anything.

I guess the real problem with Apple is that we all know that even in the old days they were known for trying to lock users into their own hardware and formats for everything, but because there was less choice in general it didn't seem like a big deal, using only Apple keyboards, Apple-compatible printers etc. was not really that annoying. But now with more choice out there it's more obvious you could be missing out on non-Apple compatible options.

>you literally have no control over anything.
And with this you killed any credibility you might've had.

extremetech.com/computing/278261-apple-now-bricks-macbook-pros-to-prevent-third-party-repair

So when you do the right thing and buy a genuine Mac, you're locked in to letting their Geniuses(TM) rip you off if you have any problems unless you wanna get bricked, and when you Hackintosh it, you have to be careful if you try using their update system because they might try to brick your system as punishment for that, too.

And ironically Hackintoshing if anything locks you into fewer hardware options than even buying an old Mac like a PowerMac G3, less still going non-Mac.

I just don't see the point of Hackintoshing it. The most obvious choice is getting a normal non-Mac computer, and if you really, really insist on using Macs, just get an old one and UPGRADE EVERYTHING or buy a new one and suck Apple corporate dick forever like everyone else.

It just seems too-clever-by-half and a waste of time and effort, but that's just my opinion.

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

>Windows is not a great OS, but because it's what most people are using, it really is the practical choice in terms of hardware compatibility and all software
There's no reason to let Currydows 10 infect your home computers. If you're actually using serious CAD software your work will provide you with both hardware and software for that. If you're playing games you're a pathetic manchild who should just buy a console or grow up.

>Windows is lame but practical for most people
No it isn't. There's nothing practical about spyware built into the OS, ads in the start menu, babyish candy crush shit bundled with it, and constant forced updates. There is no worse platform for the average person to use than Shitblows 10. It's the single worst operating system I've ever used in my entire life. I recently installed Xubuntu on my parent's laptop and I haven't heard a peep out of them in months.

>and you literally have no control over anything
Bullshit. MacOS is a Unix-like system. It has all the same permissions systems, shells, GNU and BSD utilities, and other stuff outlined in the POSIX specification. Enabling the root account and getting full control is as easy as it is on Ubuntu.

Hackintoshing is easy and works if you aren't retarded. All of the minor updates install just fine. Only the major version updates will very rarely cause problems. I haven't had issues with that in years. And the hardware isn't limited. I managed to slap MacOS on several old ThinkPads I had laying around the house. I'm using it on an X230 right now.

>defending macshit

>coming into a thread full of things you don't like just to contribute nothing of value and complain like a little child