I’ve done it again; Another stupid impulse buy

Ive just bought sennhieser 6XX from Massdrop without understanding the requirements of high end headphones, and I’ve only found out that you need high quality Amps to use these headphones. I can’t use my underpowered 3 year old iPhone 4s to drive these headphones so now I’m forced to buy relatively expensive portable amps and possible DAC as well if I want to utilise the full potential of the HD650s. Are there any good value Amps between 90 to 180 that are well suited to HD650s/6xx?

Attached: 1B84D54B-ED77-4B99-A5E4-346187B973EA.png (446x367, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-hd-58x-jubilee-headphones
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>iShit
Found your problem.

>portable
>cheap
>not utter shit
I'd look at fiio user or if you are handy with a soldering iron there is the odac/amp that runs off 2 9v batteries or a cmoy that runs off 1 9v battery

build your own, it isnt hard. just look up how to make a hi-fi audio amp.

> Still using an iPhone 4s in 2018

OP, you are a pretty cool guy.

Personally, I would forget about the conversion (DAC) and just worry about buying a good value amp to give the headphones some proper power.

>90 to 180-200 dollars
>Cheap

W-why do you guys spend so much on this shit. Does it really make a difference?

Attached: 75CE4F93-3F37-4715-979E-7C8659435BE0.jpg (554x554, 41K)

you can buy a cmoy kit for $40 or an odac kit for $60ish
fiio a1 is $30 as are pre-made cmoy amps

Schitt Modi / Schitt Magni will run you around $200. That's about as cheap as they come for those cans.

Attached: Copy of 1519856716470.jpg (4304x2860, 2.85M)

You have your own containment thread nigger. Kill yourself

Just return them bro and put the shekels away :)

>t. iToddler

>Schitt
did you even read OP? he wants portable

>he wants portable
Buys 650s.
Like wanting a horse, and buying a boat by mistake.

Attached: 1436886710897.jpg (640x519, 29K)

You do realise there's a general for that subject, right?

you don't need an amp for that series

technically you don't need an amp to hear sound with 600 ohm headphones

but it's going to sound shitty and flat

$100 is piss all when it comes to audio equipment.

Don't tell me you think these are suitable for portable use.

Buy a walnut f1 or f2 on aliexpress.

>not buying sub $50 headphones and tweaking the balance levels
I really hope you need them for something important, and aren't just buying them for normal day-to-day use.

t. poorfag
enjoy yourself for once in your sad life

>iShit
Why do "people" still do this

Buy the cheapest amo from fiio, you don't notice the difference

check your privilege

posting with iphones or phones in general should be a bannable offense

Why couldn’t they be used for portable use? I’m pretty busy and I only have free time to listen to my music collection when I’m on the train or when I’m having my long walks. People who allocate time to listen to music on their PCs are either neets or retired boomerfags who have the time.

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-hd-58x-jubilee-headphones

>Not buying cheaper HD58x $149

Just resell them and buy Sony Bluetooth cans. Buy an Android phone too. You are welcome.

6xx aren't portable headphones, just use them at home. They'll prob be fine to listen to for 10y.
Buy new low impedance portable headphones instead.

Get something like Takstar Pro 82(around 65 bucks) and cheap Bose QC35 cable(around two bucks) - it's 3,5mm to 2,5mm cable with inline mic and media buttons, that is shorter than the stock one. Now you don't need a separate amplifier and have easier to drive headphones for portable use, leave the HD6xx at home (at least I think since they're open, bulky and have so long cable and you have issues driving them it's not really suitable for your intended purpose) - you could probably get something like SMSL M3, Micca Origen or FX-audio DAC-X6 around that pricepoint for home use if you feel like you'll need extra power or have noise issues with motherboard's integrated headphone amplifier. Or are knobhead like me.

t. Chink-Fi connoisseur