Job/Salary Thread

>Your job
>Your salary
>How you got it
>Do you like it

Attached: Linux-Foundation-sysadmin-work.jpg (250x333, 32K)

NOC ( never get this job if you respect yourself as you literally get paid to browse reddit)

>student in a 4-year CS program
>negative 30k/year
>applied to admissions
>yeah its ok

Veterinary (in huezil)
$0 ( I'm doing a free residency), but I can make 100 per nightshift (12 hours)
By a very easy test
No, I'm scared of my future

Senior Information Security Analyst
£52k
I love it

Do I get paid enough for what I do ?

Attached: A4BB963A01C4BA5D8ADF2740E6EAEC8A70664DEA[1].jpg (975x600, 247K)

System Engineer
36k (this includes ~80ish days of on call duty)
Apprenticeship
It's pretty good, but you never really get the chance to specialize on a certain topic/technology

>Senior Information Security Analyst
>£52k
kek, those numbers make me feel great for starting my own small business over getting a job

Junior programmer
63k CAD , so that's like 11k USD
From coop
Winforms /c# is pretty boring, but learning some new things

Software Engineer
$80k/yr
Someone overheard me teach a friend Java and so he asked me for my resume
Extremely except for the meetings.

What is your business on?

computer programmer (mobile, server, front-end, desktop)
rate varies between $110/hour and $150/hour
i get clients mainly by word of mouth
i love it. I make about $200,000 per year, always working on something new, so i never get bored; mainly work from home, but get to travel to see clients from time to time.

>java web service maintenance internship 6hr day
>600USD monthly
>university hooked me up with the gig
>code is a nightmare; I rather not, but I’m hungry and school debt is a shit

forgot pic

Attached: apple_iie.jpg (400x353, 14K)

What exactly are you doing with the data you collect?

Chef at Wendy's ©
7.25 USD per hour
Years of study
I love it

>2Yrs after uni
>no debt and pulling 35k€ as sw developer
feels nice to live in Slovakia sometimes

He lives in a council estate... "business"

Sr. Service Engineer
~$160K after benefits and misc perks
Was standard SE, rest of team either lost their H1B status, quit, or were fired.
It's fine. I get to work from home a few days a week, and the disposable income is nice.

Formal verification engineer
16k€/month
By applying
Yes

>Your job
Software Developer
>Your salary
80'000 CHF. Which is like 80'000 USD. Which is shit pay in Switzerland, keep in mind that Switzerland has the highest working hours in Europe and onlt half of your salary translates to disposable income (excluding rent)

>How you got it
I sent an application and the managers invited me for an interview. Managers liked me, I liked them, deal sealed.
>Do you like it

Yes.

I feel like these threads are a honeypot to gather anons info.

Game dev
$70k/year
Applied to a bunch of places on gamedevmap
It's great, I've learned a lot. I know I'm underpaid, but I have stock in the company so that keeps me around

>gay prostitute
>150k on average
>too lazy to get an actual job, so I just put offers for gay sex on sites for money
>it pays well, and I don't have to work all day

>student and apple store "genius"
>€9,20 an hour, the absolute minimum
>I applied and got hired a week later
>It sucks, it's like I'm getting treated like an intern and even the suckers that got hired after me aren't vacuum cleaning and mopping half as much as me. I need to find something else asap.

Attached: ee5.png (800x559, 521K)

Fuck you and die for promoting paid digital distribution

How did I personally do this? Retard

fucking proprietary software jew, do the world a favour and kill yourself

Retard detected!!

>Internship programmer
>578€/month
>Interships are mandatory to validate my first cs year
>No I do JasperReports and PostgreSQL all day and I dream of xml when I close my eyes.

????????

Was a network admin. Role involved being an infrastructure/network engineer. Service deployment + desktop support + shit on by incompetent pajeet CTO.

$60KAUD

Application. Manager/infrastructure lead liked me. Vice versa.

Hated it. Quit 6 months later. CEO was a complete greek faggot. Wanted to kill myself because the law stops true order law.

t. 120kg powerlifting scottish german tech man being "bullied" by faggot little greek.

Convince me the world is right. I'm pretty sure I could literally fold him over & force his own head up his own ass. Or I'd just beat him with his shoes.

Attached: 1537917180307.jpg (207x243, 5K)

Level 2 IT Field Tech

70k (75K with super)

Internship (paid)

Just finished by degree, so good to get a full time job. Dont want to be doing it for more than another year though

>Your job
PhD student in mixed ic design
>Your salary
16k ish
>Do you like it
meh but I am wondering about the future prospects of this degree

Data scientist
$115k in midwest
Taught myself webdev so I could get a decent paying job ASAP, first job only required me to work maybe 10 hours a week, used rest of the time in the office to learn math, data structures, algorithms, etc.
No, I only do it for the money and honestly think this should be illegal.

How being fat and lifting weights makes any better than others?!!?!?

Also you complained about everybody, so you are clearly a whiny little bitch that is not very good at his job, or not good working in a team!

Would not hire!

How being fat and lifting weights makes any better than others?!!?!?

Also you complained about everybody, so you are clearly a whiny little bitch that is not very good at his job, or not good working in a team!

Would not hire!

Do you work for a university?

I'm physically disabled now from and need to learn something I can do from home so I can work again, but I'm not sure where to focus my energy in learning programming. What language to start with, etc.

I am good at math, fortunately.

120kg who can run 8km in 1hr and rope climb 50m in 20 sec. Yeah...I'm fat.

I'd break you. If you weren't a neet and had a wife, I'd beat her, black bag her & sell her in to prostitution.

You should be so fortunate, little incompetent man.

Attached: 1536631987813.png (558x614, 24K)

self employed and 11k euro/month.

>Your job
WINE TECH 2
>Your salary
24$ USD
>How you got it
WORKED A HARVEST IN A WINERY
>Do you like it
YES UNLIMITED OVERTIME DURING HARVEST AUG-NOV FREE WINE AND GREAT BENEFITS WORK AT A PREMIUM GALLO WINERY

Attached: 1516457294106.jpg (600x600, 57K)

Based Chad

Attached: 1536298151118.jpg (640x643, 40K)

Union stationary engineer. I’m basically a glorified custodian. Pays 54/hr plus $25 per worth of benefits. Prior nuclear mechanic for the navy. I applied to this job on Craigslist asking for engineers and people with a mechanical engineering degree. They called me back despite not having a degree (typical for ex nukes, somehow our job experience allows us to bypass the educational requirements).

It’s boring and I hate my job but I also use the GI bill for school and I rake in dough through BAH payments as well.

Python
C#
JavaScript
Java
PHP

Depending on what you want to do. Python is extremely popular for development, scripting and admin jobs

Also systems like Kuberntes, Mesos, Teraformat etc. are used for automation in cloud deployments and are extremely useful . Employers look for those nowadays

Ok you are athletic not fat. But your issue is your attitude, clearly!

If you calm down you might get to hold on to a job for more than 6 months and get allong

> code monkey
> $135k
> fucking leetcode
> I spend half my day on youtube

>full stack sw dev @ medical device company
>$130k
>joined as a tester, Automator.
>it’s a grind. Could be better could be worse.

Cheers for chill response. Granted, it can be interpreted that way, it's the only job in my life I've had issue with, largely due to incompetent CTO & narcissistic CEO.

Previous jobs the managers never wanted me to leave due to the my easy going attitude & idiotic work ethic my kraut father instilled in me.

Acknowledge that not all employment issues are related to employees. Some work places are just toxic. If you don't know this, you're under a shell. IT is notorious for it due to manager incompetence & visa abuse.

>visa abuse
you mean the foreigners come and take your jobs?

Network admin, but since our helpdesk got fired, i also have to do helpdesk tasks

40k/year

By application

I like it for the most part, but my boss doesn't understand that the helpdesk tasks prevent me from doing my actual job

esports player
about 6-8hrs vidya a day for 2 years during uni
yes

Consultant
over 300000k
social skills
i spending time with my family

>Your job
embedded systems programmer,
>Your salary
1k€ per moth hopefully after trail period ends, now 600€
>How you got it
got picked up after internship
>Do you like it
Being junior in university and also working full time is really tough but programming with C is easy and comfy.
Will probably "move up" and start programming servers with C++ at same company.

student .net dev
$4 an hour
applied for an internship
no, it's fucking garbage

either let the network die or let the service desk queue blow up and tell your boss to get fucked and hire someone

>your job
son, student
>your salary
around €2k per month
>how you got it
birth lottery
>do you like it
pretty neat, but after university I wanna earn additional money by having a nice robotics engineering job

>8km in 1hr
that's almost walking pace

Only a fat person would get this defensive about being called fat

Service Desk drone
78K AUD

>bragging about "running" 8km at a walking pace
>i-i'm n-not a fatty, i'd b-b-break your w-wife i s-swear
Let me guess, you think bloatlord isn't fat either? Diddling weights around doesn't mean you're not fat - fat people can be strong too.

Attached: sweetsweat.jpg (574x763, 45K)

Strap 50kg to yourself and you won't be going much faster than walking pace.

>junior backend dev
>50k/year (LCOL area)

Do we work together big boy?

so you admit to being fat lmfao

>Student
>-12k per year because loans
>General admission
>Meh it's ok

After my master's degree I'm going into trading tbqh, earns about 140k a year before tax even here in the Netherlands. But admission is quite tough to get in there, mainly iq tests and a numerical one.

Went here last week for an in-house day and it was a lot of fun

Attached: flow-traders-kantoor-werk_1428x830.jpg (1428x830, 135K)

professional NEET

SDE
Dublin, Ireland
Applied and interviewed
Love it (but fuck dublin rent prices)

Rep 3 customer service tech rep
I just applied they take anyone. Most people can't handle how awful people are.
It's just a job to me.

>Wagecuck job at battery store while getting EE degree at uni
>$15/hr+incentives & -$23k/year
>Submitted my resume & applied with college application
>Customers on average come in once an hour and it's one person 8 hour shifts so I can do anything I want. Very comfy

where do you live? 1k€ per month is very little money, even in my europoor country

same thing in Romania! I make 60k a year and I finished uni 4 years ago.

are my dreams became totally realistic or is the case that our fantasies converged because of bubble?
please tell us about the job. tools? is it about crypto?

lol brits are so programmed to be peasants that they mock entrepreneurs, literally all the good Anglos left the UK already it seems

im an engineer at a trading company in nl. i make 65k€ + bonus.
first year bonus is ~25k, after that it is 50k+ (salary doesnt change and bonus is based on performance)

C++, embedded
450€ / month
It's horrible.

>please tell us about the job
Can't dox myself. It's a small pond and i'm easily identifiable. It's a heavy collab with academia and coworkers are leftie cucks, so i'd probably lose the job or the opportunity to publish.
>tools?
Mostly INRIA stuff. Currently leading transition to Coq.
>crypto?
No. Wouldn't touch that faecal matter with a 10' pole.

I'm surrounded by normie wagecucks.

>i'm easily identifiable
yeah, you've already told a lot.
>that faecal matter
while it is true that 99.9% of current projects are scam the core concepts would play an important role in the future. but before that there is a lot of verification to be done as proved by vitalik and gavin. i'd be seeking for opportunity in that exact direction.

>Your job
School, Learning cs at home
>Your salary
-7.5$ a day (busses)
>How you got it
Won the sperm race
>Do you like it
that is actually not bad

for a senior ISA? no

Our NOC engineers actually do stuff. Sounds like you have a shitty manager or work at shitty company.

>the core concepts would play an important role in the future
You're free to put your money where your mouth is. The cryptocultists were hiring in our circles few years back and i'm pretty sure they still do (no idea though because i left the recruiters a very resolute answer so they don't bother me anymore). They take undergrads too.
I see 0 future in crypto, that's why i put down that offer (also because getting paid mostly in volatile, exploitable, worthless pseudocurrency does not seem like a reasonable offer to me).
There certainly are opportunities for you, it's easier to get hired by cryptocultists than to work on meaningful verification in the industry.
And on the identifiability, you'd better not associate yourself with this site, or any non-PC views, if you want to work in verification. A guy's work was thrown out of SV-COMP for "voting for the bad choice" in French presidential elections. I was furious, but love my field too much to do anything. The time will come though when the commies will get their ass handed to them and i'm doing my part in my job, that's part of the reason why i'm leading the effort to move to Coq - i'm pretty much the only guy who understands my ltac and i intentionally obfuscate everything i do (to an extent, i want coworkers to have an illusion of understanding it so they fall into despair later on when they realize they don't).

Attached: 1503235761263.png (470x388, 226K)

>graduate python/C++ dev
>£22,000
>Spray n prayed my CV at any job listing I could find.
>Yeah its pretty good, wanna get out of my home town in the next 3 years though, which will mean leaving this job.

anybody here in tech repair? I always liked taking apart my stuff and putting it back together and was wondering if I could make a career out of it

>security software eng
>$250k total comp
>studying "Cracking the Coding Interview" and applying every year
>eh it's alright. hoping to use it as a stepping stone into consulting or some shit

C-can I get a referral here user

If your willing to start a small buisness yes, otherwise i would say no

You retards clearly haven't seen a gym in your life, he's prob just swole not fat. Lebron James is like that weight and he's not even a little fat. I'm assuming this guy is tall as well or pretty stocky

I am assuming that guy is fat and trying to deflect it by replying to me pretending to be a third person :^)

It's called hiking then, moron

Spicy. His posts had some ESL tier grammar though so I thought it'd be clear I'm not him.

>you should be so fortunate, little man

>one of three IT staff for a medium size business
>$60K
>applied to a job posting on Indeed
>wish I got paid more, haven't had a raise in ~18 months and they recently redid our benefits to be much worse too

Selling electronic devices to people
14000 SEK after taxes
walked in and said i need a job
yes and i get employee discount on everything :)

>SRE, though right now I'm really doing python development because I came from SE and our dev team is understaffed.
>100k + 22k bonus paid out twice a year. I got the first one, not counting the second one before my eggs are hatched.
>Started as contract to hire in a devops role, and moved around with in the company. Devops then to software development and then into the SRE team.
>I like it most days. Sometimes the socal aspects are too chaotic. We merged and staffed up from me being the 9th person to having 19 now. Have to walk a real tight rope when it comes to what I implement because anything you do will be hated by someone. You are your own manager and sometimes I have thin skin.

Sound engi
500/2000€ per contract. One or two contracts a week.
Went to school.
As much as it's possible, it's still work in the end.

Du får mer än 14 efter skatt av soc

du får högst 10500 av soc med månadskort SL inräknat som svenne

software developer
.NET idiot
;)

IT technician
$50k/yr
Knew the right people
Absolutely

Looking to take advantage of tuition assistance. All I have is my GED.

Attached: _20181001_121519.jpg (1828x1259, 848K)

Desktop installation
$15/hr
Still a year and a half from graduating fuck
Pic related it’s my work/life balance

Attached: 5F6466C3-C8CC-4B31-B9C7-58F0AD5089C8.jpg (443x442, 48K)

Professional NEET
$0/hr
Anime bodypillows
yes

Attached: 1538698805174.png (537x538, 693K)