Linux music players thread

Linux music players thread.
Please share your opinions on which Linux music player you consider the best one.
Scrots are welcome and appreciated.

Attached: mocp.png (1366x768, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=235033
harmful.cat-v.org/software/
xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i just use rhythmbox cause it's the first one i found with a playback tempo speed control plugin within easy reach
i play all my music at 1.25x speed

cmus is the best
It just lacks a directory search function, but there is a script that does it for you bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=235033

for me its cmus with alsa

Attached: 1538617528781.gif (128x128, 93K)

>i play all my music at 1.25x speed
Autism

Attached: 1538873483831.jpg (800x631, 62K)

>anything other than mpd + ncmpcpp

>1.25x speed
Why?

Audacious > Clementine > foobar

you can get foobar on ubuntu now

i don't know, it just sounds better if it's faster for me
maybe it's genetic

Does any linux player have .cue support yet? My entire library is ripped to .cue + flac format, but no linux player seem to support it (cmus does to a small degree, but is really buggy and doesn't recognize half of the files).
Really hard making linux your daily driver when it can't even play your music

Quod Libet
Just werks out of the box without having to spend hours autisticly creating custom layouts

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-13_11-48-53.png (1184x865, 666K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1461231543319.jpg (900x1200, 265K)

i like clementine because i liked amarok before they ruined it because i like the "queue track" and "stop playing after track" features

probably other players have it too, but too lazy to learn

don't care about the visualization or other garbage things

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

>with alsa

Attached: eptcO70.png (663x694, 202K)

Use your shell, file manager, findutils, fzy, or playlist editor to feed files to mpv. Maybe control a dedicated mpv instance by sending commands to a socket or FIFO.

I really like Exaile. It can be just window with playlists-tabs, controls and nothing more. Comfy, reminds me default Foobar2000.

Have you tried fast genres of music tho? Like gabber?

Clementine maybe?

I do remember Clementine being buggy as well. The developers try their hardest to make the ugliest Qt UI I've ever seen though

search youtube for nightcore. pure autism.

foobar through wine

Attached: 1522173782834.png (300x250, 20K)

Foobar's awesome. It takes like half a minute to open it tho.

mpd+ncmpcpp

Attached: 2018-10-13_13:19:23.png (672x450, 4K)

Is it like real thing or watered down and shitty version?

it uses Wine

Wow dude, how isn't she more popular
The player looks good too

Sad.
Why linux players are all bad?
I mean, seriously, I just want a simple player that can play all formats and support things like cue (read foobar2000 with plugins). Some companies (canonical) push linux as desktop OS and it does not have a fucking native decent music player. There are no good programmers for linux or something?

I'm currently using lollypop but I'm considering switching because the alt+a shortcut broke months ago despite the fact that the build I have installed contains the fix.

It was perfect until that.

All I want is a player with support for multiple libraries. cmus would be perfect if it had that covered. Sadly I'm too much of a brainlet to code it myself.

Attached: Captura-9-488x381.jpg (488x381, 31K)

Is lollypop still require half of g*ome?

mpv, and fuck the fuck off linux is a kernel it does not come wiht NATIVE MEDIER PLAYERS. fuck OFF you WANGTARD FAGGOT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DONT USE IT YOU INSUFFERABLE FUCKING CUNT LOOK AT ME YOU OAF I LOATHE YOU I HATE YOU

look at this seething freetard

There are lots of good ones. I use Audacious most of the time. Sometimes VLC

Audacious
Because of but I only listen between 0,91 to 1,09 speed
Because it WinAmp theme mode
Because it has lots of plugins and can use even more LADSPA plugins

Are you retarded? Clementine is objectively better than foobar.

(you)

>Considered Harmful
harmful.cat-v.org/software/

Can it play SACD ISOs and dsf/dsd files?

>harmful.cat-v.org/software/
what filthy NEETfuck made this

How do I bind media keys to mpc? I don't know what I'm doing.

>literally who formats

fzf + mpc

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-13 22-51-40.png (893x462, 119K)

mpv is great, supports many many formats

This is fucking fact, I know you can hide it but that side bar is ugly as fuck

Deadbeef

Attached: 1522869161516.png (844x781, 241K)

cmus is fine but why can i not play two tracks over each other

JRiver Media Center

>play all my music at 1.25x speed
Why

If you want bitperfect audio play back, which obviously you do, you need to use set up JACK and use it alongside a music player that supports it, which is a hassle, OR you could get a raspberry pi and put Volumio on it, which has bitperfect playback already configured and a super cool web ui. Just need an nfs share from your desktop, think you can get a spotify plugin too. Also you probably wanna buy an extension board on the gpio pins with optical/coax output to bypass the shitty USB's.

Attached: logoFB.png (300x300, 19K)

Attached: tQQy2Q4.png (343x302, 97K)

This is even weirder than , why do you do this? Which music do you play slow and which do you play faster? Why not 0,9 and 1,1?

Foobar2000 - Windows
Cantata - Linux

Deadbeef for normal listening. Audacious for slowing down and other special cases.

I am pretty sure MOC does, I could be wrong though.

Sadly no, MOC has problems with FLAC

cmus for music
clementine for audiobooks

Retarded slav cyka
Why would you want a terminal music player if you use a real desktop environment with a working GUI media players pre-installed, you can even install another one with a simple terminal command and you won't have to learn the hotkeys. Jeez, people these days don't value their time, do they?

>daft punk
I'm sorry for you

That's why I made the thread. To find out about various music players.
Also, MOC is very simple and fast to use, and you can always press ? to see the list of hotkeys if you forget any.

VLC

Attached: cone.jpg (1000x1000, 31K)

Any love for DeadBeef?

Attached: beef.png (1905x1070, 527K)

All linux music players suck shit

>tfw no musicbee

>local media

Is this 2003?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-13_13-41-47.png (1066x892, 360K)

please kill yourself, you filthy nigger

>JRiver Media Center
This is unironically the best for Winblows, Mac, and Linux.
Just too bad it's not free.

>Let us rent your music to you whilst we datamine you goyim

this

Attached: best_music_player.png (679x730, 127K)

Have fun with your low-res Spotify garbage.

this. switched from fb2k to deadbeef to quodlibet and wont look back

Works on my machineā„¢

this

Attached: 20181013195026.png (1679x811, 261K)

this mess makes me angry

Retard

yes

cry all you want you know its true

this
>b-but muh wine
barely works

Musicbee is garbage. Super bloated. Just use foobar. Also why do people care that much about music players. You fucking listen to it, not stare at it. Who cares about how it looks as long as you can listen to albums and playlists just fine

>coldplay
>deadmau5
jesus christ how is Jow Forums so full of normal fags

I've wanted to switch to a terminal music player, but from what I can see they all share one similarity: they all have only one playlist.
After years of using Foobar on winblows and Audacious on linux, I've gotten used to having dozens of different playlists.
Am I wrong? Which one is best for having a lot of different playlists?

>Are you retarded? Clementine is objectively better than foobar.
WHAT??!!
Clementine can't even pass through ALSA. Meaning it down samples anything over 16 bits.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Linux guy, but Foobar blows that shit out of water!
There's only a few players on Linux that can be configured to be "bit perfect."
>DeadBeef
>Guayadeque
>Quod Libet
Those are the ones I know for sure.

JRiver Media Center

Yes, I forget Jriver, which is probably the best of the bunch!

Attached: 1512832666650.jpg (600x600, 11K)

>not using ncmpcpp
IT'S 2018

Attached: 2018-10-13-125913_512x320_scrot.png (512x320, 12K)

Archwiki says that mpd+cantata or ncmpcpp will work.

This. You can even just pass directories and mpv will build a playlist out of them.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-13_15-04-58.png (699x123, 6K)

>mocp
My nigga, sharing the layout I use in my config file
#LAYOUT
Layout1 = directory(50%,50%,50%,50%)
Layout2 = playlist(50%,50%,50%,50%)
Layout3 = directory(0,0,40%,100%):playlist(40%,0,FILL,FILL)

Also here is a theme
###################
# Theme: Wintermute
# Author: Mayfrost
###################

colordef grey = 800 800 800

background = grey black
frame = grey black
window_title = grey black
directory = grey black
selected_directory = blue white reverse
playlist = grey black
selected_playlist = grey black reverse
file = grey black
selected_file = white blue bold
marked_file = white black bold
marked_selected_file = blue yellow bold,reverse
info = white black underline
status = white black
title = white black bold
state = white black
current_time = white black bold
time_left = white black bold
total_time = white black bold
time_total_frames = white black
sound_parameters = white black bold
legend = white black
disabled = white black
enabled = white black bold
empty_mixer_bar = grey black
filled_mixer_bar = grey black reverse
empty_time_bar = grey black
filled_time_bar = grey black reverse
entry = white black
entry_title = white black
error = white black bold,underline
message = white black
plist_time = white black

Attached: 1444583056450.png (500x738, 564K)

Spotify ''''''''''high quality'''''''''' still = mp3 teir. Buy some decent speakers, then we'll let you sit at the grown folks table.

can you unironically read that black over black text?

you can't literally hear the difference

Yes I can because it's not black over black

This. Quod Libet is seriously underrated. One of the few players that does everything I want, but doesn't require an overkill client-server setup or ricing.

I like the configurable random album shuffle plugin, and how you can set up saved searches with filters like "Everything except compilation albums" or "Albums from the last decade that I rated highly but haven't played in at least 3 months".

Fuck it, I am sharing a screenshot of how MOC looks with this theme and layout

Attached: Music On Console (aka MOC).png (1280x720, 33K)

>Meaning it down samples anything over 16 bits.
>more than 16 bits for audio
>relevant in any way, shape, or form
xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml

I use mpd with a client that I wrote

Attached: scmus.png (484x292, 14K)

:^)

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-14_00-04-58.png (1280x800, 762K)

GNU/Linux*

Not bad, I like the layout