Solutions to internet censorship?

FB continues to shut down both right wing and left wing pages. I dont give a shit about facebook, barely if ever go on there, but its clear there needs to be a solution.

My idea is

1) Building a universal multi site login tool. i was thinking the first step would be to develop something like metamask. where the site and the plugin would do a handshake and auto login. this will allow you to move from one site to another without having to remember your password, you could step it up so it only accepts sites you want to prevent being phished (it could also serve as a notification box)

2) wordpress like software that allows you to build out a community that people can easily log into(using a universal multi site login ) This will replicate much of the community like functions of a facebook group.

thoughts?

Attached: fbcen.jpg (647x639, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

solid.inrupt.com/
scribd.com/document/390521673/The-Good-Censor-GOOGLE-LEAK#from_embed
beforetheban.com/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Or just go back to how we used to do it before facebook and reddit centralised everything and facilitated the ease of censorship.

Also, havn't really looked into it too much yet, but this is maybe an area where something like Solid has been looking at.
solid.inrupt.com/
It's one of Tim Berners Lee's newish projects around re-decentralising the web.

WHO FUCKING CARES

Start worrying when it's the government

It already is the government.

>Building a universal multi site login tool
You're describing SSO. The problem with SSO is that it requires the destination site to integrate with the SSO provider to allow logins through it. Facebook is itself an SSO provider so that it can collect information, and would not agree to integrate with any other SSO provider because they wouldn't be able to collect as much information anymore.

>wordpress like software that allows you to build out a community that people can easily log into
These kinds of sites exist and are trivial to create. The problem with social media websites isn't being able to make a good one, it's convincing enough of the population to use it that it becomes useful

i you're looking for 'facebook like' platform. take a look at diaspora. it's open source, anyone can bring up node and you can contact other users from other nodes from any node.

i know they exist but they arent packaged together, maybe if we package them together what would be the key.

Attached: th.jpg (474x316, 23K)

We've got the fediverse. Leave centralization behind.

>censorship
>thoughts?
Facebook is a shit company. But they have the right to manage their company any way they want to. It isn't censorship. Start your own shitty social media web site. Ban opinions you don't like...it is your site, do what you want.

>its clear there needs to be a solution.
You haven't defined a problem.

>unregulated social media are my god given right!

Attached: 5f3.jpg (680x695, 30K)

>SSO
re i dont want be at the mercy of a one login provider that feels threatened by big daddy government. a browser plugin option means it wont get linuxed and become a SJW nightmare in the future

Why? A few companies collectively have more control over speech than any government, and they're allowed to control it however they see fit. I think that's cause enough for concern.

>I think that's cause enough for concern.
Your problem should be with the idiots who use social media. Instead you are crying about "censorship".

when did i say that, all im saying is not allowing people to congregate online is a problem that needs to be resolved. I doesnt have to be social media

You are correct, but I also agree with the 'my company, my rules' thing. They should be able to (within reason) run their shit however they want. It is the people who use their services who need to get some taste, but that won't happen. Hell, I would wager that even if you resorted to insane levels of cyber terrorism and destroyed the lives of millions of people though data leaks, breaches and whatnot, managed to pin it all on these gay companies you would STILL see that it doesn't phase the masses who would continue to use their services. It's still your best bet, though. Companies shouldn't be this big, people shouldn't be this corrupt, but the American dream doesn't work without these.

Lets all go back to Myspace

by your decree they are idiots
by another decree someone else labels you an idiot.
you must be 12 y/o or something

who the fuck runs myspace, you need services run by people with your vision. The Right wing cant code definately is true

I'm not sure how you think I'm "crying" about anything from that post. I just said it's concerning. Social media isn't going away any time soon, if ever, and the nature of platforms like Facebook/YouTube/Twitter makes it almost guaranteed that only a few of them are going to completely dominate the market. I'm not even saying these companies shouldn't be allowed to regulate their platform as they see fit, but I do think people should take it seriously when they get this big.

Facebook, Twitter, YT and other social media companies aren't censoring people or denying anyone their right to free speech when they delete content. Clearly FB hurt you. But you aren't going to get back at them because they deleted something.

Start your own site. Find a site that is sympathetic to your points of view. Or better yet find something better to do with your time. I heard shitposting on anime imageboards is popular with the kids today...oh wait, your posts might get deleted. Maybe stay away from imageboards as they participate in Internet censorship as well.

But they can congregate online. They're just told to fuck off from a lot of places, understandably so.

facebook didnt hurt me, i barely use it
im stating people should start up their own systems rather than be dependent on a platform that openly hates their guts, rather than trying to jump unto another system, create your own and build it up.

myspace resurgence when?

Fedorabook banned access to a person I know for 30 fucking days because he posted some right wing shit.

I understand banning anonymous bots/"trolls" but this is beyond stupid. Dude's twice my age and is a rich motherfucker and doesn't use an adblocker (advertisers' dream).

>1)
keyrings. I don't use them myself, so I don't have any I can namedrop for you.
>2)
Mastodon.

I think this is especially important following googles unintentional announcement of intent to sway public opinion and censor the internet. See this link for a copy of the leaked google memo for proof & more information
>scribd.com/document/390521673/The-Good-Censor-GOOGLE-LEAK#from_embed

I think we really only have 3 ways we can combat this:
>Hijack censorship
Report content that shouldn't be reported, tag images incorrectly, pretend to be a SJW and screech that a lesbian is transphobic or something.. maybe succeed at censorship of leftist ideas. I think this might work short term in some cases, but doubt it will work in the long term. We have done things like this in the past however, easy to do requires no real tech knowledge.
>Provide an alternative that doesn't do this
I really hope this happens, but good luck
>Bring down the company
Might honestly happen with antitrust/anti-monopoly law. I think the climate is right however for a social media campaign (further) vilifying google and the other major tech giants for politicizing and censoring content in a completely biased way, such that if there was an alternative that matched the tech in performance, it really might win out. Trump got elected, remember.. people want alternatives these days. There is a mass of people who aren't lefty democrat normie pieces of shit that would use an equally matched alternative. They just gotta be -good- alternatives. With google trying to publicly implement a botnet for the chinese, it's a great time to put the company's morals under the public eye.

Attached: jewgle.jpg (312x400, 47K)

i think an one login or sso feature would be the killer feature that helps as ive stated before no one wants to have to continuously sign up to multiple websites when you could have one login and go to multiple sites. maybe communities should push for this feature to be implemented

Your proposal to centralized content control is to create even more centralized tool to do the same?

No wonder people call your kind idiots.

These companies are more powerful and hold more influence than most governments already.

lolbergs get the bullet too

building a browser plugin like metamask for connecting to multiple sites would be centralized? really! did you actually think this before typing it out?

Where would the database be stored and who would control the process? Have you thought about it or are you just thinking "magic".

Even the decentralized database is vulnerable when you control enough nodes. Do you think something like this would not be a prime target?

>get rid of online advertising
advertising ruins the internet as all services & content creators needs to adapt to political correctness to secure their income and harvest userdata for profit.

remove the ad revue and replace it with either paywalls or donations and all bad services and content will fade away, like a fart in the wind.

My issue is with the fact that if Facebook and Twitter decide they dont want you on their platform, thats it - your content is locked down.

Decentralized platforms like this seem like the way forward - beforetheban.com/.
Still have access to your content even if Facebook decides you're a 'deplorable'.