Why aren't you coding in Java right now Jow Forums?

Why aren't you coding in Java right now Jow Forums?

Attached: Java.png (1200x960, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/python.html
youtube.com/watch?v=u3WWOvFf7Go
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r16&hw=ph&test=json
pzemtsov.github.io/2018/07/18/building-queue-from-cpp-to-java.html
developer.mastercard.com/blog/the-vertx-worker-model
qt.io/
docs.oracle.com/javase/9/docs/api/overview-tree.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

JAVA IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

But I am. It's the language every professional uses.

Because I'm not at work and I prefer to use good languages when I can

I used to think like this but I realized that the good language is the one I work best in (which is the one I use most frequently).

Honestly, Kotlin is a better experience than Java but it's just too ez to get some good progress done in something you code in all the time.

Came here to post this. Java is slow, bloated, over engineered crap.

Java is fast and simple compared to almost anything that isn't C.

Java isn't fast or simple. the JVM is slow as fuck, and Oracle has actively stated they're going to close-source Java

I'd take Java any day over C++.

>Java isn't fast or simple.
Only 1/2 the speed of C/C++. Compare this to your faggot language and tell me it isn't fast.

>the JVM is slow as fuck
They've actually been removing a lot of components of JVM lately to debloat the platform. Still an amazing ecosystem nonetheless.

>Oracle has actively stated they're going to close-source Java
Source. And no, showing that OracleJDK requires a license isn't the same as close-sourcing Java.

Ah yes please take 10 minutes to install java sir, and don't forget it'll only take 300MB ram for this little module because Java is the only language our engineers can write.

>Java isn't simple
it's literally built for retards

You say that like it's a good thing. You know how many shit "professionals" are out there?

Disabled java everywhere. Because it's unsecure.

because I have a toilet

True true, professional does not mean good. However, all the top grade shit is written in Java. Just look at some of the Netflix repos.

could you post any speed testing websites that you know of

Java is perfect for general purpose software, especially web servers. Huge amounts of libraries combined with spring boot means you can create a massive amount of secure infrastructure very quickly, and deploy to any server running JVM. To do the same in C++ would take you two or three times as long.

Java is Lightspeed compared to anything that isn't C/C++. Python/Ruby/C# All drag their asses in just about every metric compared to Java, and the best they can do is match its speed in certain use cases.

There's nothing wrong with those languages, but you're retarded if you think Java is slow. (there are reasons to hate Java, no need to make some up).

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/python.html

>spring boot
>Java fags are unironically shilling Spring now

Linus was right, Java programmers are actually retarded.

It's nice how incredibly naive C++, D and Rust are beating the fuck out of heavily optimized Java that's resorting to using the FFI. Not only are they trashing it in speed they're doing so while using 1/10 the memory. Even Go and Swift are as fast while using 1/10 the memory. These benchmarks are extremely favourable to Java too because the test machines have enough memory that the garbage collector basically never has to run.

Java is only fast if you compare it to dynamically typed dogshit and give it unlimited memory.

It's like flash, trash which will fade I into obscurity.

It's mostly inertia. Java was slow in like... 2004. Now it's a stale meme.

sirs i got job in JAVA.... thank u durga sir....

Attached: photo_2018-10-10_17-15-10.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

this is now a durgasoft thread

Attached: photo_2018-10-10_17-15-10.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Because it's my day off and I use Java at work

Java is great btw, don't listen to basement dwelling c-niles who couldn't write a large distributed system if they tried.

this is mecca of very java jobs....
youtube.com/watch?v=u3WWOvFf7Go

Attached: photo_2018-10-10_17-15-10.jpg (1280x722, 130K)

Modern C# is faster and more memory efficient than Java. The only benchmark where Java is faster is the regex test and that's because Java's regex engine is written in C++ while C# 's is written in C#.

You can bundle self executing JVMs with jlink and only package what your app needs. My applications executeable image is 40mb

RAM is not an issue on modern hardware and Java only takes as much as it needs,m but you can limit it with flags anyway, retard. Try to keep up with the modern world, grandpa.

Java is very fast. It's faster than Go and C++ on average for a warmed up JVM, which is why it's heavily used in data processing and fintech.

sirs pls getting me job?..... thank u vishnu bless.....

Attached: nagoorcorejava.gif (849x458, 152K)

Because I'm not on the clock.

Because I'm not a pajeet or work in a depressive corporate shithole

Cniles are the worst, especially since they're almost always unemployed.

Retard, Oracle opnsourced pretty much the entire JVM

Also Java is FAST
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r16&hw=ph&test=json
pzemtsov.github.io/2018/07/18/building-queue-from-cpp-to-java.html

Because I get paid to program in Python. I prefer Java though...

Java is still slow it's just that you Pajeets compare it to Python, Ruby and Perl now instead of C, C++, Ada, Cobol, D, Rust etc.

The benchmark game tests for java are extremely inaccurate because they don't prewarm the JVM.

Long running, frequently used code is optimized by the JVM and compiled down to machine code, which speeds it up. Short benchmakrs deliver an inaccurate picture of the JVM, the techempower benchmarks are much more accurate, where it is clearly visible that Java > C# in terms of performance.

Look at
>68042483

Java being slow is a meme that only retards who have no clue spew.

All those languages you listed are dead (except for Rust but it's used by mozillashills).

because people who write C focus on large distributed systems, right?
and Sun/Oracle JVM are written in C btw

>C++ is dead

Attached: rick_harrison.jpg (457x457, 25K)

>how dare you use this language that's better for solving your problem or which your company enforces for their projects
it's hilarious how satisfied all these java webshit juniors are with their first depressive jobs in corporate dumps, so much they're constantly trying to shit on everyone who doesn't share their misery

C++ actually

Doesn't change anything about my statement. Sure you won't use Java necessarily for embedded (although all bank/credit cards actually run on Java, but a special version of it which is much more low level), but you won't use C for anything bigger than embedded either, at least if you are smart.

I work at a Fintech company and make mad bank. I can guarantee you that my job is better paid and more interesting than whatever you do.
The term webshits is reserved for JS fags btw, don't lump Java in with that, it's completely different.

Isaac prewarms the JVM in all benchmark game tests.

The Techempower Benchmarks are a joke because most of the code is written by amateurs and the configuration varies tremendously between frameworks.
Some frameworks are using 1 process while others are configured to use 100. In the database tests lots of the frameworks aren't even using connection pools and in the JSON tests some of the frameworks are serializing the payload at compile time. It's way to inconsistent.

>you won't use C for anything bigger than embedded
Reality proves you wrong though. I'm not one of those retards that says that you should use C for everything but if you need native and fast code there are plenty of reasons to use C. See ffmpeg or fftw for example, they are huge and complex programs.

The stuff you Java tards were churning out was so bad that people actually decided JavaScript/Electron garbage was a better alternative. The Java pajeets are the reason we're in this JS hell now.

What said, and also .NET is not cross-compatible.

>fintech
so it's depressing, okay. I know that because I also work at one.
I'll use the term webshit for any retard who works on web apps or similar, which seems to be the large majority of what's Java is used for, at least was the case when I did my own research on it.
Really tired of you retards shitting up every fucking thread calling out C-plebs and pretending you're doing nothing wrong

> C and C++ are dead
> basically every program, programming language implementation and operating system that's worth anything is written in them

Java is used for enterprise webshit garbage and that's it. If I had to write some JEE/Spring monstrosity every day I'd kill myself.

I honestly wonder what your company does that you consider depressing or what you would consider not depressing.

There's better alternatives to spring shit and they are seeing more adoption, like vert.x

>like vert.x

Nobody in Java uses anything other than JEE and Spring.

>everything thats accessible over the web is bad and simple
>Java is used for web backends and business logic, threfore its shit

Idiots. Desktop applications are dead, if you want to make money you are writing SaaS, unless you count video games and even those need real time processing backends where Java shines.

Mastercard and several development teams in the banking sector disagree.

Anyone care to explain what the fuck is a fintech? Been getting lots of offers but it looks like buttcoin startup bullshit from what I've read. What is it actually about?

Attached: 1531003803411.png (852x580, 58K)

Mastercard uses JEE extensively.

Attached: 1528818781085.gif (404x331, 188K)

If java is shit is the JVM still good?
Should I clojure?

Yeah no shit, it's a big company. Doesn't mean that it doesn't use vert.x, especially for new developments

developer.mastercard.com/blog/the-vertx-worker-model

What did linus say about java and why did he let trannies take over his life's work?

Do you like bloat and 20% of your application time being spent on garbage collecting the thousands of intermediate immutable objects it generates? If so Clojure is great.

Answer my question please uwu

No that's because writing GUI program for macOS, Linux and Windows at the same time in c++ is a pure hell. People prefer electron because you don't need to hire another developer for that shit since every JS monkey can write a program for all three platforms alone with electron.

meant for
Generally anything to do with payment processing or generating value from analyzing stockmarket trends. It's a wide domain.

Java developers could be doing that but they're too incompetent to make user interfaces that don't look and perform like complete shit. You Pajeets failed pretty hard with AWT, Swing and JavaFX.

JavaFX is actually pretty usable when combined with TornadoFX. Pure JavaFX is shit.

>No that's because writing GUI program for macOS, Linux and Windows at the same time in c++ is a pure hell.
qt.io/

Unironically why would anyone use Java when Kotlin exists?

Oh yeah, I forgot that thing even existed. It's been years since I written any c++. And when I did I used pure OS APIs for GUIs and that was fucking brutal.

"Java is bloated"

docs.oracle.com/javase/9/docs/api/overview-tree.html

>why aren't you diving in garbage dumpster right now ?

because i poo in the loo and not in the street