Why doesn't this site implement nested replies?

Is it because it keeps redditers away ?

Attached: nested.jpg (225x225, 14K)

>what is 4chanx

Because nesting is for the birds and this isn't Twitter.

Because nested replies are fucking shit. Stop trying to turn this place into the garbage pile that is reddit.
It also completely breaks down here, since many posts reply to multiple other posts.

the reply style used here is IMO the single best format of any forum I've ever seen. facilitaties multiple threads of discussion within one overall topic thread, plus easy linking to other threads and posts and boards.

For what purpose? Most threads have less than 100 replies.

Attached: 63728780 Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 22.24.34-fullpage_.png (846x10000, 1.79M)

you are dumb
not the reason but good point
this guy gets it

Navigating reddit comment threads is a fucking chore. Name one good implementation of threaded replies. I doubt there is one.

(You)

Attached: Conversation platforms forum softwares.png (766x303, 18K)

I fucking hate nested replies, after three posts worth of nesting it looks like absolute shit.

ends up with attention whores all piling in to reply to the first post, then the first post's reply's posts, etc

Attached: 1525858741015.jpg (1024x554, 54K)

because every (you) is an upvote

do you mean this?

Attached: Untitled.png (485x384, 20K)

Nested replies mess with my ADHD so no

Attached: 1511171811926.png (729x500, 24K)

>can't reply to multiple posts
>replies not ordered with posting time

which came first
ranch or cool ranch

Obviously ranch because cool ranch is a chad

What if you use the VLC plugin? Does that work on Linux?

Cool ranch doritos are called pic related here

Attached: 59068.jpg (241x350, 20K)

Based and redpilled

Frames are where its at.

Because they're stupid?
If you want to use reddit then use reddit, I actually like our format better, which is why I'm not there btw.

What if I need to reply to 3 people in a single post?

I prefer reading comments in chronological order, I find it easier to follow the flow of the thread.

You have 5 minutes to invent a new way of displaying nested replies that isn't gay.

Well first of all they would have to maintain some professionality in the design, no numale reddit tier bullshit.
Tumblr isn't a bad model but it's too distinctive at this point.
They would have to mimic email chains somehow but unfortunately the arrow is used for the quote function, so that would have to be sorted out
And for readability the first post isn't indented but the following posts are,
>like this
>>see
>>here

well anyway that's the best that I could come up with, but I still prefer our format better.

Because its dumb garbage.

Because reddit is shit and you're a faggot

Jow Forums x, redditor

Doesn't reddit keep the redditors away though?

Because the whole point of Jow Forums is the uninhibited, uncensored flow of consciousness where every voice is equal.

(too bad captcha and passes shat on both of those)

The website Jow Forums was modeled after (futaba) doesn't even have reply links I think. On that site people just quote the part of the post that they're replying to so you don't have to go back to the original post to figure out what they're talking about. Jow Forums implemented reply links for whatever reason but they don't seem to be much better.

Like most things that would improve the quality of the website, reddit did it first and Jow Forums is pathologically contrarian against anything that reddit does. Fortunately, 4chanx takes care of that.

Because.