Hey Jow Forums, your thoughts on Hyperloop?

Hey Jow Forums, your thoughts on Hyperloop?

Personally I think it's a nice idea that works and techincally doable but not practical

Attached: Test track crosssectional view drwg.png (809x405, 96K)

Complete meme bullshit. Not a chance in hell that it's ever going anywhere.
Stop listening to the stupid sooth affricun meme salesmen.

It's true and will happen because Musk said so.
Prove me wrong

It's dumb

It straight up doesn't work. And if it did, throwing a rock at the tube would break the entire system.

*proves you wrong*

Yeah I think it would work if you just bulid a test track (500-1000m) and run the vehicle inside your extremely short test track

but when it gets longer to like hundreds of kilometers it definitely wont work

Im just confused as fuck about why people are so hyped about it then call musk an engineering god

Complete and utter bullshit.
It doesn't work and all the current "prototypes" have proven nothing but that apparently, it's not possible.

Even their test track can't get anything going very fast at all.

It might be possible, but will it be economically practical? Supersonic passenger travel has been possible for decades, but was pulled back because it wasn't making money.

>inb4 link to thunderfoot video

they promised a theoretical speed at 600 mph,. but right now the fastest pod can only reach 200mph on virgin test track(500m)

its probably because the test track is not long enough

Because he’s like Iron Man dude!

Attached: 7572403F-8F9B-41DE-B6DA-12D905B1A7E8.png (632x756, 26K)

>technical specs
>aluminum
Typical boomercore tech.

Meme, why bother with that when you can just improve the train tracks that you already have or just use planes. No point wasting billions on new infrastructure.

History has shown time and time again that successful means of transportation are always the cheapest. Not the fastest, not the most luxurious, just the cheapest. Hyperloop tries to reinvent the train with a heavy focus on speed. I believe it will be the Concorde all over again: we have the technology to develop and produce it, but it will be expensive with a very low return on the investment. Resources wise it's clear it will be more expensive than regular trains, just think about the amount of metal needed per mile: instead of tracks and rocks you have a tube that needs to hold pressure. Again, the idea is cool and doable, but it won't be economically viable.

Coming from a safety standpoint it's a disaster waiting to happen. To maintain high speed they need a sealed vacuum tube over thousands of km. Meaning just heat distortion let alone sabotage or straight stupidity, could cause the pipes to pull away warp and bend. A tiny crack in the vacuum chamber would cause a cataclysmic failure that would propgate through the tube at the speed of sound in air and kill everyone inside. And due to the pressures they run it at to keep it moving fast it would only need to be a relatively tiny hole to cause cataclysmic failure.
What's more it's an untested technology with all the uncertainty and testing that goes with that. Which costs fuckloads of money.
They could fund high speed rail, like they have in Europe, for like a third the price of hyperloop without development time and with proven technologies that we know work. And the travel time would be slightly more than flight time.
Hyperloop is snake-oil disguised as a legitimate project. I genuinely predict that in a few years time we'll have articles explaining how everyone knew it wasn't going to work but they wasted millions developing it anyway.

Elon is a monorail peddler

There was a old drawing framed on the ground floor of my Civil Engineering department that was like 100 years old depicting a pneumatic tube. The idea is not new nor original and we have known exactly the challenges and costs of making it a reality for a century.
It is economically unfeasible and will be so for ever if you want a safe transport system.

Attached: 1315775882963.jpg (300x281, 35K)

The pic in question.
No hard to find. It is in the wikipedia article.

Attached: 800px-Pneumatic_Dispatch_-_Figure_7.png (800x380, 476K)

I love it and I like that most people don't care about hyperloop/the boring company. I'll keep all those trillions from the market disruption for myself tyvm

the new Concorde will become successful way before this will

so they made the internet?

Considering the volume of the chamber is going to be millions of cubic meters it would be almost impossible to do. Plus with thermal expansion parts would warp and seals would break quickly.

>Concorde
Now that plane was fucking based.
Commercial flights in 1976 flying over Mach 2.
Paris to New York in barely 3H30min

Hyberloob xdDD :-0DDD

Attached: tenor.gif (498x278, 72K)

Musky will touch your tusky

Because hes the only one who brings changes, you turbo retard fags

a vacuum tube stretching for many miles to send humans in a capsule through is an engineering and safety nightmare.

>tenor.gif