Why don't you use RSS feeds for all your news, blog, and Youtube subscriptions?

Why don't you use RSS feeds for all your news, blog, and Youtube subscriptions?

>signing into a botnet site or using bloatware to subscribe instead of having your own RSS feed list you can use on any device

Attached: WEB 2.0 BASED AND REDPILLED RSS ICON.jpg (540x322, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?user=YOUTUBEFAGUSERNAME
youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=YOUTUBEFAGSCHANNELID
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But user, I'm subscribed to nearly 350 feeds

Then start adding them to an RSS feed list now. :^)

My rss client has rss feed as one of list export options.

what kind of websites still support RSS in 2018? its dead since maybe 2000s

Most don't actually post any actual articles, but provide a title, a short description and a link.

YouTube does. Just try one of these formats:

youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?user=YOUTUBEFAGUSERNAME

youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=YOUTUBEFAGSCHANNELID

I tend to accumulate stuff. News feeds would be one of those things, it happend before, so now I visit the site I want to see some news, read them, and close.

Which is still better than browsing their shitty ad riddled cancerous front page multiple times a day.

I used to be liked that but the feedly app on poodroid is really good and I can browse my feeds anywhere and anytime. If it's a really long article I can just bookmark it for later.

Yeah, but it's like that old CCR song, Someday Never Comes. Well, later never comes, user.

I'm currently writing an android app that checks RSS feeds, follows the link to the actual article, parses it and caches it locally. Works great to consolidate news from several websites, loads instantly, no ads, no data needed.

3 days of articles from 6 sources use about 80MB storage and I purge anything older than 3 days.

>not using your brain and just remember which sites to visit
oh thats right, you dont have a brain lol

>and Youtube subscriptions?
tt-rss almost kills my browser when I open my 500 feed youtube folder

for everything else, yes

>remember which sites to visit
thats not what rss is for you retard

I am.

funny thing is, Internet Explorer used to have the best feed reader.

I use an rss botnet mobile app and an app I made to scrape Craigslist rss feeds. I don't use it on my desktop though.

However, I remember a website that would list news articles and I think show comments I think was based on rss. For the life of me can't remember for some reason I thought it was like frontpage.com or something but it's clearly not.

What could I even use that for

I do.

>tfw you have to write your own scraper if a site does not offer a feed

post cool feeds
having a feed for articles and another one for comments is pretty common

Didn't that genius prodigy kid who co founded reddit help develop RSS at a young age?

The kid who killed himself when the government charged him.. forgetting his name

aaron snarf

Baron Swartz

in the wiki RSS article he's mentioned nowhere except in the "See also" list, without any context

but his Wiki page says that he was part of the working group on RSS yeah