How does Jow Forums feel about the Surface book 2 and the surface lineup? Is it really as bad as I hear...

How does Jow Forums feel about the Surface book 2 and the surface lineup? Is it really as bad as I hear? The Book 2 looks pretty good except for how you can't service it.

Attached: surfacebook-TA.jpg (2400x1800, 573K)

The surface laptops are some of the worst laptops ever made

How so? Is it because they're all glued/soldered together? Or is it something else

Basically that and they're underpowered for the money and they love to thermal throttle. They ARE basically the Mac's off the windows world.

they were fuckoff expensive and had terrible reliability in the real world.

and here i am on my 2011 debian macbook air 512gb ssd that i cycle around with every day and Jow Forums thinks its a piece of shit.....

THE ABSOLUTE STATE

Attached: 1499560663027.png (1253x674, 1.61M)

I had a surface book 2 that I returned.
> Best screen I have used... bright, 3:2 res, high res, good colors
> Surprisingly good keyboard... almost as good as my latitude
> great battery life, easily 10+ hours

> DOG shit wifi
> unrepairable at all
> tablet portion is a gimmick
> throttling
> Non-existent linux support

Went back to my latitude

Overpriced, unreliable piece of shit desu

>How does Jow Forums feel about the Surface book 2 and the surface lineup?
I like design, looks pretty futuristic. And that's all.

Attached: [email protected] (940x620, 38K)

I certainly wouldn’t buy them without some sort of warranty.

literally worse than macs, a Surface looks good but works just as "well" as the usual winshit laptop.

It's all true, sadly. I wanted them to be good. The 3:2 aspect ratio screens are awesome.

Don't know anything about the new laptop 2 that just came out, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's still shit.

I own a Surface Pro 2017 model that I got cheap, with the i5 processor. It's surprisingly good, you can multitask on it without it melting despite it being fanless. The screen is gorgeous. The keyboard is great despite being a flip cover-thing. 3:2 aspect ratio is fantastic for productivity work. The pen support is great if you need that sort of thing or want to take digital notes.

Still, I recently got a traditional laptop since I don't really use the tablet feature or the pen that much, so I missed just having a regular lappy. It also had these annoying black lines that would occasionally flicker on the screen. Not often but enough that it bothered me. Also I'm a bit worried about the long-term quality of the product, such as the stand hinge getting bad or the flickers getting worse.

I'd say they are good products with some issues that really shouldn't exist considering their price. I still think their strongest feature is a 3:2 screen, which should be standard for laptops.

Attached: 2-microsoft-surface-pro-2017.jpg (970x452, 75K)

>Surface

The Surface Book is the best hardware I've ever used. I loved the design. I loved how you could detach the screen and use it as a tablet. It is absolutely amazing.

However I had to return it, because Windows is an absolutely huge fucking mess. It ruins the entire thing. Biggest tragedy to happen in a long time.

its because they have a carpet on the keyboard for god knows why. what if i spill my hot pocket sauce on it

Get a thinkpad ya dingus

Attached: 996ACE81-D6B6-4227-872E-830E36DDD67B.jpg (700x526, 47K)

I would if they had dedicated GPUs and werent fucking massive

I'm a _creative professional_ and my company bought me one of these after I picked it out. Its pretty shit. The tablet part is ass because it uses microsoft drivers instead of wacom so it doesn't actually work with anything, and nothing is serviceable, even by microsoft. I got a single hairline fracture across the whole screen (which should be the easiest repair ever) and I sent in the tablet part of the computer and they sent back a whole new computer and a bill for 700 USD.

The only good thing about this laptop is that it has a dedicated GPU and doesn't look fucking stupid and gamer-y. Its literally the only laptop that has that

I've got a maxed out surface book 2 and it's great, but it has one retarded flaw IMO. I do a lot of photo editing for my job and use the pen a lot, but once you open a program that uses the GPU in the base (like photoshop) you can't convert it into drawing mode without closing the program (because changing modes requires you to remove the "clipboard" section and separate the GPU from the rest of the computer).
I think the VAIO Flip was a much better mechanism for a convertible laptop than what the surface has. If there was some way to combine the easy transition of the Flip with the removable tablet of the SB it would be perfect (because the removable tablet really does come in handy a lot more than I had expected). That way if I was working in photoshop and needed to use the pen really quick I could just pull the screen down and do it without having to close programs and fumble around with a 15" tablet.

Attached: sonyvaio.jpg?output-quality=80.jpg (635x475, 34K)

They are the only Windows options that have respectable screens. Overall still at least one generation behind Apple and not really thought out till the end but if you don't mind Windows, they are the best stuff you can get.

have you tried one of these

Attached: vaio-pdp-canvas-precision-slide-02-z-engine.jpg (1600x800, 147K)