Toothbrushes are technology. Are electric toothbrushes a meme?

Toothbrushes are technology. Are electric toothbrushes a meme?

Attached: oralb.png (600x600, 18K)

I mean if they could gather data that would be cool, but as they are they are a fucking meme.

install geNtoo

yours boipussy is techo, send pic

how can they possibly be a meme? The bristles brush more times per second than manual brushinng, there's no way they wouldn't clean better. Its like saying are electric sanders a meme. If you've ever tried to sand something you'd know sandpaper isn't nearly as effective

Yes actually. You only need to floss my guy.

the biggest meme of them all

Expensive ones are a meme. The $20 poorfag Sonicares are great.

cope

Your enamel is deteriorating

RIGHT
NOW

Attached: 1510724511767.png (1280x826, 1.02M)

I have one, my teeth are whiter and it helps reach small crevices and harder spots. Brushing the tongue it’s harder though, gotta turn it off

No, they definitely brush. The $10-20 /csg/ ultrasonic things are fine - probably no need to get a $150 maymay device.

I use a firm bristle brush 2-3 times a week and have never gotten cavities, meanwhile other people I talk to have had several and they only use soft bristles because they swear the firm ones will carve up your gums.
I used a soft bristle brush once, there's absolutely zero abrasive action whatsoever.

Even firm brushes aren't enough for me, I have to scrape my teeth with a toothpick every few weeks to get rid of the deep-rooted yellow stuff

> brush 2-3 times a week
> deep-rooted yellow stuff

there’s your problem, you have to wash after every meal, before and after going to sleep

I can only imagine the disgusting smell coming out of your mouth... lick your forearm, and smell before it dries, that’s how other people smell your mouth breath

brushing 3 times a day with an abrasive paste
yeah that sounds like a good idea!
i'm sure my dentist would love to charge me up the ass to fix all the problems caused by a worn down enamel

1. Electric toothbrushes are great. Get the cheap brand-name ones. Buy based on how cheap you can get replacement heads for them, since the cheap knockoff heads work just fine.
2. Don't use abrasive 'whitening' toothpaste. If you want whiter teeth get them professionally whitened.

Install gentooth

Replacing the batteries in these fuckers is annoying as hell. There's like 6 connections to desolder just to reach the battery, which is soldered to the board as well.

>If you've ever tried to sand something you'd know sandpaper isn't nearly as effective.

Sandpaper has its own specific use cases. Try sanding recessed spots, and other uneven surfaces. Try sanding in an environment where you can't have dust flying around. Try sanding upside down in a tight space. You can't do that with an electric sander.

my dentist told me to just use white strips because the whitener he would use does the same thing and isnt worth how much it costs

It isn't the same and your dentist didn't tell you that.

aren't there ones that take normal batteries?

Yea, these also exist (on /csg/ stores anyhow).

Personally I couldn't be arsed. $10 oral hygiene devices don't really need to last for >5 years.

Yes, they are useless. Just buy a normal, soft, toothbrush.

I literally have the same one from that pic.

>Are electric toothbrushes a meme?
well teenage girls like them for a reason

A good meme, yes. It is obvious that you cannot brush your teeth as good with a normal toothbrush
The oral-b 9000n which i got recently even has an app. So yes, it can collect data. I never tried it out once though

Attached: asdasdasd.jpg (1500x1500, 197K)

>you cannot brush your teeth as good with a normal toothbrush
False.

I have wisdom teeth that came in okay, but it's impossible to brush them like I'd want to since they're slightly higher than my other teeth, and after manually brushing, I give all my teeth a quick-ish brush with the electric, the circular head makes wisdom teeth brushing easy

Why? How could you possibly move your toothbrush that fast?

It's not about moving the toothbrush fast to properly brush your teeth.

I've been using electric brushes for years and switching to the classic model is much harder on my enamel.
I think I wasn't properly taught how to use them.

Attached: me-laughing.jpg (803x688, 141K)

Believe whatever you want. My mom is a dentist. I think I trust her more than whatever some kike advertises on TV.

>i trust a single opinion more than a lot opinions
???

>be 25 y/o
>never had any teeth problems
>just followed what my moms said
Yeah, I think she knows what she's talking about.

>>never had any teeth problems
You are a single entity. A samplesize of 1 has absolutely no value whatsoever. Are you retarded?

Zoomers and their flossing

Attached: 742.jpg (1536x2048, 489K)

If you had dental problems from using a regular toothbrush you then don't know hot to brush your teeth. You've only got yorself to blame.

teeth are a meme. pull them all out and only drink onions.

>drinking an onion
that would be extremely painful

Are fluoride toothpastes a meme?

I have this baby and it was the best decision in my life.

Attached: Screenshot_20181014-135105_Gallery.jpg (1080x1273, 575K)

I have a Philipps diamond clean
It's somewhat shit, if i would get a new one i would buy from oral b

Have the same in Black, i am kinda disapointed

for you

I have used one for ~10 years now.

The results feel cleaner and overall better. It is comfier to use and probably has better reach than a normal toothbrush.

I will never go back.

t. unpaid Oral B shill

sonicares are fucking based. Every dentist I've ever been to asks immediately when I open my mouth "oh do you use a sonicare?"
You don't even need to get the expensive models. The cheaper ones are powered by the same motor or whatever

yes, I still don't get why americans love this meme

regular toothbrushes increase gum line recession

You have to brush like a animal to that happen. You fell for a propaganda.

>Buy 20€ Braun Oral B electric toothbrush
>Buy 1€ chink replacement brushes
>Buy 2€ chink interdental brushes
>clean teeth twice a day, one before bedtime
>???
>PROFIT

>unironically brushing your teeth
I really hope none of you do this unless you want to visit a dentist all the time
There's a reason why animals don't have to brush their teeth either

Does anyone have Quip? I'm thinking of signing up...

Attached: quip-electric-toothbrush-review.jpg (690x460, 37K)

most animals don't live past 20's too, so you better be prepared if you want to be a contrarian like that

So brush them every 20 years it you are so scared but there's no need to brush every week unless you want to ruin your teeth

They are pretty fucking great. Had some problems with my teeth on a regular toothbrush. Electric ones fixed that. Also they save some time because your teeth are completely clean after 2 minutes, where as you'd need 5 minutes on a regular toothbrush.

Attached: windies10.png (277x299, 21K)

It's true, everyone I know regularly visits dentists because their teeth are fucked up
Meanwhile mines are in a perfect condition
You can't argue with facts

And most people I know don't visit dentists since they were teens and have great teeth. My teeth is perfect too and I brush regularly. You can't argue with facts.
See how anecdotal evidence works for both sides? You should take a look at natives pics and see how their teeth looks like, you'll be surprised how most of them have basically no teeth on their 30's/40's.

Because they didn't wash their teeth every 20 years

this, desu

My mother didn't brush her teeth until she was 16 because my grandmother didn't tell her to do so.
By 20, she had most of her teeth pulled out and had to use dentures.

Attached: 1533376346876.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

No I brush much harder and much faster than the electric ones with my hands. You can't match the pressure. I ruin bristles easier unless they are very good quality, due to the intensity I brush with, but it cleans my teeth very well. I almost never brush at night just in the morning and my dentist always says I have amazingly clean and healthy teeth

>I brush much harder and much faster
>I ruin bristles

The only thing you're ruining is your gums.

>I mean if they could gather data that would be cool

They've been able to do this for years now. What rock are you living under?

Also the entire purpose of an electric toothbush is that the average pleb doesn't know how to brush properly and these electric toothbushes make it braindead easy to not get it wrong.

Explain plz