Want computer programming job

>want computer programming job
>know how to program computers
>interview is a bunch of arcane math shit
Lads...

Attached: 1539276192713.jpg (213x237, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=94zscdXX7CA
blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/q-a-with-temple-grandin-on-the-autistic-brain/
lrdc.pitt.edu/schneiderlab/content/60-minutes-20120716.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whats the matter, couldn't finish calc 1?

Hey just be yourself man

Math is not really hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=94zscdXX7CA

Lead developer and hiring manager here. Juniors are fucking useless. We've been looking for months to hire someone to do basic functions for background tasks and can't find anyone that can even google program. I feel sorry for people paying for university degrees these days. Fresh graduates are garbage.

If you can't math you're probably dumb. Why should they hire dumb people?

I can do math it's just hard to do it under pressure for random question they bring.

it's mostly algorithms unless you're a code monkey

I am eternally grateful for math preqresites. Applicants in the field are over saturated, so something to weed out pajeets and meme programmers is a godsend.

If math requirements did nothing but weed out the grossly incompetent they would still be worth having.

>being born with high quantative IQ makes you more moral

Attached: 1503335334686.gif (288x288, 1.41M)

who ever thought that making instructions for a machine called a computer would involve math

Attached: yjd1jfqdwrn11.jpg (500x600, 63K)

>want computer programming job
>crippling social anxiety
I was never going to make it

>user during highschool
>who needs to know math. Just teach me something useful like doing my taxes

>user later life
>WTF HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW MATH!!?

Attached: fag.jpg (500x375, 29K)

most of us are very good at math, the government forces us to learn calc 1 and calc 2 in highschool and advanced calculus in college. you might not believe but it's a routine joke to look at american SAT problems and laugh at how easy they are.

if you want to weed out pajeets, you should target what they're weak at: english/communication/anything that involves creativity or thinking and cannot be learnt by memorization

>want to become a chef
>konw how to cook chicken tendies
>interviewer requires me to do a bunch of arcane kitchen shit

>Didn't do my homework in middle school
>Bad grades cause me to get held back all through High School no matter how fast I can actually learn or how hard I tried to advance
>Only know basic baby math after 4 years of being in classes with the special ed kids and spics
>Couldn't get into college because of this
>Can program quite well
>All interviews require shit that I legitimately never learned

You seem to be under the impression that I care about the ethnicities of my coworkers. I don't care. If OP doesn't understand math, he's probably not qualified to write scalable software.

>dumb ladposter

Is there anyway for anyone who wasn't anyway decent in Maths teach themselves the subject in their adulthood?

yes but it is time sink, the advantage of being a kid or a teenager is that you go to school, meet friends, basically have good time and then together participate in group learning activities like maths. You cannot really go back to school as an adult, if you go to those refresher courses for it will be full of weird people (and you will be one of them) and its not gonna be fun at all. You can just at home and study and even assuming you dont have a job and work you will just spend your whole free time on Jow Forums

i feel you user

>You can just at home and study and even assuming you dont have a job and work you will just spend your whole free time on Jow Forums

Pessimistic assumption, senpai, surely self-teaching Maths is no less productive than learning a language in adulthood, even though you are right about it's easier for a child to learn.

Maybe you should call back honest people like me who don't list 30 meme frameworks on their resume to get past your retarded HR people.

> t. buttmad Indian hiring manager

>Math is not really hard.
This is true, but math instruction in clapistan is so poor that most end up being scarred by it. College just makes it worse since many have yuro run math depts and they hold utter contempt towards clapis and their issues.

Took me years before I learned to love math again.

Attached: 1458346241624.gif (540x540, 1.26M)

If you can't do math, STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING COMPUTER RELATED

I can do math it's just hard on interview!
I can't get random DP problem in five minutes fuck me right.

This. All digital technology is math in its purest form.

>math in its purest form is discrete

Attached: 1517318638211.png (645x773, 107K)

>test for subset of mathematics irrelevant for the development work to be done
people do this? no wonder no one can find talent. I've hear of people being asked all sorts of strange things.

also this. most interviews seem to be the same shitty formula of exams. memorize a bunch of shit, dump it, forget it and google it later at work.
only real downside is you don't even know what you're going to be tested on.

guy who does it+coding for 25+ years here. I was good at math in the elementary until I had an asshole teacher who made me hate it.

now I'm shit at math, but I'm great at coding.

math is only a prerequisite for those who are elitists. LOGIC and CREATIVITY is the real deal, and intelligence, that is pattern recognition.

>LOGIC and CREATIVITY is the real deal, and intelligence, that is pattern recognition.
This is exactly what you need to do well in Math. Maybe you'd enjoy proof based math? The babby "solve for x and y" stuff is just meant to teach you the mechanics.

CS degrees these days barely teach programming. The degree is basically math that you will forget immediately after graduating plus "theoretical" courses that are also useless for actually doing productive work in the real world.

>CS degrees don't teach you math, which is required
>CS degrees don't teach you programming
What are they even useful for then?

they aren't. its just a piece of paper that tells your next employer you have wasted $40,000 on unimportant schooling and you're probably dumb enough to take their shit job offer

Unfortunately you need them for your first job to get past the HR filter.

>Love doing math in highschool
>mom abuses me and forces me to be a meathead football player instead which will apparently shrinks your brain by 15%.
>Bruised and beaten from practice everyday, threatens to murder me with the shitty dumbbell set she got me for Christmas by dropping it on my head when I'm going down the stairs if I try to quit football
>purposefully stop doing homework to spite her

It's not fair, I retain a legit psychiatrist tested IQ of 130 despite all my abuse, I could have been a genius level programmer.

Job market is brootal right now. Find a contractor and hope they like what you're doing.

>Juniors are fucking useless.
Yep
>can't find anyone
Yep
You are doing it wrong, if you want somebody who can do something, don't hire a junior.
Thing is, fresh grads, outside few special cases, won't know shit. That's why companies offer internships or just hire a bunch of good-for-nothings and keep thise who can actually do something.

Something similar kind of happened to me. My mom would legitimately make fun of me for liking math and being good at it. So in middle school I enrolled myself in a remedial math course to prove that I wasn't actually good at math and to get her to stop the insults.

Now I'm in college and haven't even gotten to Calculus 1. It's over for me.

>mom abuses me so badly i can't focus
>refuses to help me with homework
>nobody at home wants to talk to me for any reason
>stop going to school because suicidal
>mom celebrates
>get put on medication
>oh god the medication
>brain becomes hazy
>can't concentrate for long enough to read a few pages of text
>at least i can't cook up an actual suicide plan kek
>drop out completely
>leave home at 18
>can barely do algebra
>but somehow am a pretty good programmer
pic related is me at this point, i don't know what the fuck is going on so i'm just laughing at everyone else who doesn't know either
i don't know what my IQ is but i take to concepts pretty well when i can focus for long enough so i'm guessing it's above 90

Attached: [banter continues].jpg (658x550, 85K)

>can't work under deadlines

Community college maths

C O M M U N I T Y C O L L E G E

yeah that's not happening, i can barely keep a job and an apartment as is and that's with several to-do lists

That's why I don't hold a job kek, my parents feed me and I'm a NET.

I can read books for 6 hours a day but it's terrible I have to beg them for money for toothpaste and they pay for my sisters education but not mine. They like my sister more ;_;

>hate math
>hate writing
>to intelligent to not go to college
what should I do?

buckle up and study, incel. 4.0 or nothing.

I mean, I'm alright at algebra and trigonometry, geometry etc shit but can't do anything more than basic calc, no transforms, no Fourier. Just basic integration, and differentiation
Can I do computers?

No, Hello World in javascript requires in depth knowledge of fourier transforms. Sorry.

>We have real work to do and it turns out retarded kids fresh from a school where praying to Stalin is 30% of the credits just don't know what they're doing.
Wow, fantastic insight. Seriously though, just fire all your juniors and put out a real job ad with a real salary. Hire kids only if your projects are finger painting level work.

Math Brainlet filter

If you can't solve baby tier Math problems then go work in Mc Donalds.

Attached: Asperger_vs_normal_brain.jpg (1440x900, 95K)

This

Depends on the school and department.

I read it as, All digital technology is, in its purest form, math.

teled this

more powerful relative to what?
Like normie brain is 10x more powerful than what?

Can someone translate this into American?

literally every team has this experience which is why all job posting will say 3-5 years is entry level
which is retarded on the other side of the spectrum

When do I stop being junior?

Normie brain is 10x more powerful in:
Social Skills, Charisma, Communication
Aka Popular Chad & Normie Stuff

Spergs brain is 10x more powerful in:
Visual/Spatial Intelligence
Math, Coding, Science, Tech
Nerdy stuff

Attached: ed witten phenotype.jpg (798x1200, 396K)

in comparison to one another or what? You can't just say something is 10% more without some sort of baseline, especially when you say "Normal" is 10% more than something. It has to be 10% more than SOMETHING!

Reminder if you don't at least have a mathematics degree from an elite university you might as end it as you will never actually be good at computer science.

10x = 10 times not 10%

And based on a scientific research
where they measured Brain activity
inside a Sperg's brain using MRI scans.

blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/q-a-with-temple-grandin-on-the-autistic-brain/

Attached: Temple Grandin's brain.png (1029x868, 474K)

Still confused tho
Normal brain: 10x more powerful ability to process what is heard
So which brain has 1x power?

when you can build your company's product from scratch if you wanted to

The Visual region of Spergs is 10x more powerful than the Visual region of Normies

The Social region of Normies is 10x more powerful than the Social region of Spergs

Thank you that's what I was wondering. The pictogram doesn't make it fully clear; leaves a guy to guess.

In fact 10x is a rough estimative. Not exact numbers.

The Neurologists just measured the Sperg's brain and found out that:
Spergs have much better Visual Skills
& Normies have much better Social skills

lrdc.pitt.edu/schneiderlab/content/60-minutes-20120716.asp

Attached: Sperg vs Normie brain 4.jpg (805x439, 26K)

I don't think anyone could do that.

I really wish people did not treat Ass Burgers as a disease or some shit. It's just like the evolution of man brain. In the end most people will be between what we now call normie and what we now call burgers. There's nothing wrong with my behavior and a doctor told me I have burgers. I just have to be careful how I behave around normies and need to lay low until I learn what is acceptable in new situations. Maybe I'm a lucky one, one of the new breed since I can fit in with normans while still being superior.

Attached: commence shitposting rites.gif (480x360, 529K)

Back you go namefag

>No, Hello World in javascript requires in depth knowledge of fourier transforms. Sorry.
I somehow highly doubt this.
I'll take this as a "yes you can work in tech"

>superior
>possessing burgers
choose one and then proceed. It is a social and functional disability.

You just don't understand it, burgers are like a scale. You can have a lot of it or a little. I have just the right amount.

>tripfag PASS USER
>proclaiming he has just the right amount of autism
you can't make this up

but pajeets are good at math tho. They teach calculus in 8th grade in india.

I've really never used anything more than basic algebra in my programming career.

only the top 1% of pajeets are good at math
50% of pajeets can't even read.

>only the top 1% of pajeets are good at math
There is so many jeets though that it's still more than there are good mathburgers

India population is huge though (1,3 billion pajeets)

1% is like 13 million pajeets. That's more than enough to flood Silicon Valley

Why is Jow Forums so scared/autistic about basic math? Not even /his/ or /lit/ makes this kind of threads so often.

big big redpill there

>4.0 or nothing
wh-what? i thought I was good as long as I kept above 3.2
am I just supposed to repeat classes I get less than an A in?

Fuck no, never repeat unless you have too. That's a waste of time

Because they're literal idiots who have been told they're "smart" so many fucking times by other equally stupid people, they actually start to believe it. So when they go to college and start to struggle and find they need to study for once, unlike in high school, they don't know how to handle it

>"Intro Computer Science 101"
>Already know a bunch of stuff, but doing it to reinforce and pick up on missing parts
>Half the examples could EASILY be explained with VERY simple things, even counting from 1 to 5 would be a valid way of displaying how it works
>Instead the professor uses fucking loads of confusing as fuck math things, for no reason.
>Have to google what the fuck is going on math wise to figure out a simple thing

jesus christ man.

>english/communication/anything that involves creativity or thinking
Except all you have to do to pass an English class in America is take literally anything and explain how it's racist.

You want to see autistic? Tell people they should consider taking logic courses. I took two logic courses in college, and they were pretty helpful, definitely ended up gaining perspective from them.
On more than two occasions I've had retards here ridicule the idea of it, neither one of them actually knew what a logic course was. I think the vocal ones here are just NEETs with no skills or training, or they're first year CS dipshits who are bound to drop out.

This

>blaming your parents
>for anything
get over it kid
you're not broken
pick up the pieces and get back at it

fizz buzz iz hardz

I swear it seems like an almost daily basis where we have at least one thread where some faggot is crying about having to learn fucking algebra for CS, despite there being literally dozens of majors you can choose from if you don't want to do math. It would be humorous, if not for the fact that people like this actually exist and take away space and resoruces from people who can and want to learn actual CS and not just code monkey bullshit

>doing a major that doesn't go past Calc 3
loool

>tripfag
>gold pass user
>I have just the right amount.
no user. no you don't

Attached: ea7.jpg (3840x2160, 713K)

> Hiring manager
> Frequents /g (and most likely /b)
I wonder if mentioning Jow Forums on my interview will help me get the job.

but I already have less than a 4.0
surely you don't suggest the solution then is to drop out

Facts.

> Albert Einstein.
> Deemed a retard by public school.
> Was homeschooled instead
> Uncle later gave him an advanced math book.
> Albert was diligent to study this book of his own free will.
> Albert smart math guy.

Attached: 123_1.jpg (1013x1024, 398K)