I have just found out that this shit actually has the hardware INSIDE the monitor

I have just found out that this shit actually has the hardware INSIDE the monitor.

How is this shit ever cooled?
It is basically worse than a laptop

Jesus, I never even suspected that before

Attached: imac-215-selection-hero-201706.jpg (452x420, 52K)

if its Apple its overpriced, pretty but not ineffective

pretty being a subjective thing all it has is cult following

Also user that thing isnt for real work so yes it does overheat if you try

It's cooling system is shit, like every all-in-one computer or a laptop.

I don't know why Apple choose to make the iMac Pro an all-in-one and not like a normal desktop.

Even the trashcan iMac is more useful as an actual trashcan than a professional computer.

most people who buy these things just want to open a browser and a text editor

Because there are people that apparently dont wanna wear headphones to mask the noisy desktop fans that a desktop tower produce. It's just comfortable/ take as much space as a screen and its a whole in one thing that doesnt make any noise.

Those things burn like a furnace on the inside. You can run the Heaven benchmark on the 5K iMac and it'll hit 100°C. Which is 212 F for you burgers.

if youre using an imac at heavy load to produce 100C then youre obviously using it wrong. no it wont run PUBG and it wasn't meant for being under heavy load.

>iMac
>runs PUBG

Nice joke

>no it wont run PUBG and it wasn't meant for being under heavy load.

nice reading skills

Attached: 1539244637380.jpg (427x427, 21K)

Weakfags don't have speakers...

Or never heard of silent cooling,

>it wasn't meant for being under heavy load

They market it as a 4k video editing machine, are you retarded?

>$6k pos
>not meant to utilize 100% of its components
You can't make this shit up

Fans don't make noise, maybe apple fans would do.

>PUBG
nice joke

Sure. barbecue your components because >40db fans hurt your fragile widdle ears.

>How is this shit ever cooled?
This "shit" is best prove air cooling is a meme.
People add $100 worth of air coolers/fans to their builds despite never ever having temps issue or trying default coolers. Literally every set-up I see online is an overkill in terms of cooling.

I myself have a very old GPU ASUS EN9500GT (but it is perfectly fine for me since I don't game) and its air cooler died for unknown reason a month ago. I googled and people say a GPU couldn't function w/o cooler and will die after 5 mins, but I thought fuck and proceeded to use it. Now it runs at 68c max and my case is Fractal Design Define C that some dumbasses call a "hot box" with factory fans.

I suspect under basic load (e.g. office tasks) even a CPU cooler isn't mandatory

imagine if facebook used desktop towers inside their offices where 200 people work in an open space. there is a reason tech companies run imacs right?

imacs are just laptops with a power supply built in and with no battery. they use integrated graphics and the basic radial fan heat sink cooling system used in every brick laptop

except they have desktop skus rather than the mobile ones so they can say they perform well on benchmarks but its completely thermally unregulated so they all run like a shitty laptop despite having full desktop TDP

it's the macbook experience translated directly to desktop, using apple engineering magic to translate the experience at the source

>uses 40db computers here
imagine

Attached: 1539493964468.jpg (2048x1537, 948K)

Imagine if facebook had computer engineers to build them a server hosting OS for 200 simultaneous users and each desk was provided with a cheap low power terminal.

imacs run idle at like 60 dude they're fucking ridiculous, you render a video and you're looking at hand burning temps

in high school the bank of early gen metal imacs were the media room's space heater. there was a radiator, the 7 imacs just produced more heat

>Decades old design from one of the most know products of the most famous tech company ever
>I have just found out
Anti-Applel shills try so much less these days

Can someone actually explain to me why Apple shit is popular?
The hardware is shit. Every single Apple release seems to have some sort of fatal flaw.
The OS is restrictive (and broken).
The company treats its customers like dirt. Updates will wreck your system to make you buy a new one.
Plus they seem to constantly take out important shit for the fun of it (ports on their laptops, headphone jacks on their phones)

So why does their shit still sell, even though everyone always complains about it? I just don't get it.
Is it a way to signal wealth like faggots who go around with Rolex watches?
Or is it just because a Mac looks visually more appealing than a dumpy HP laptop with Windows on it?
Or is it just people who don't understand technology and are too dumb to consider alternatives that would save them thousands of dollars?

>facebook used desktop towers

They'd barely be able to crank their cpu usage enough to generate enough heat to make a decent fan even make close to 40 decibels of noise.

The people talking quietly in that room would be louder than 40db

its just marketing

Marketing. Apple is basically a religion

>I have just found out that this shit actually has the hardware INSIDE the monitor.

Were did you think it was before?

It's just coult nothing else. Don't be mad about it we know its shit

But the marketing should fail.
Literally the only marketing iPhones receive is "IT'S AN IPHONE". They don't show off new features.
Have you seen the new iPhone ad?
It's literally just two iphones flying around the screen while nigbeat plays in the background.
How does this shit sell?

Awful anecdotal evidence. Most modern GPUs can fan off when idle and have since the 9 series of Nvidia GPUs at least.

basically

my old phenom 2 needed a hyper 212. it ran at like 60 idle with full cooling.

i have the intel stock cooler that came with the pentium i bought as a stopgap on my 7600k with exceptionally shitty thermal paste application and half of the fans unplugged and i don't ever break 60c.

there is a reason that modern laptops are starting to not include fans. at non-desktop TDP processors legitimately don't need more than passive cooling these days

Celebs use them cuz they are the most expensive phones therefore everyone else will use them.
People wanna show off that they have the most expensive thing, the same reason people buy gucci.

If a company came up tomorrow and made even more expensive and premium phones and laptops they would be the next clout thing

>They don't show off new features.
They do, the masquerade it as a magical thing in your life rather than device x now does function y.

They appeal to feelings, people who are programmatic and logical are blind to that.

its called marketing

the most important part of their brand is the store in the mall full of nig nogs and teenage girls fawning over midrange consumer electronics because its really easy to convince someone to spend $1500 on a laptop when there's a bunch of people around you going 'damn nigga that a fine ass selfie im finna upgrade dis galaxy'

>How is this shit ever cooled?
With a penis

Attached: imacpro-fans.jpg (1400x1050, 188K)

>How do you feel holding an $800 worth phone in your hand? Does the act of holding that device evoke feelings of euphoria, superiority, exclusivity, confidence, happiness and sense of belonging to a niche group? Those are human needs.
> there is something more that lends Apple and its products a certain, distinct aura.
It really is a fucking religion.

It's not a coincidence Apple is the most valuable company ever. No matter how much you whine and cry about their shitty products,
that fact will never change.

Apple exploit the dump generation of people with a combination of "this is the most expensive shit out there, therefore it must be
amazing good and you will look kool owning it"

It also exploit any market that has to do with their products. Breaking anything on a mac will cost you as much as buying a new
laptop. There is a reason why they have zero water protection and a single drop of water could break the whole thing so you
will go to apple to fix it.

Its a set up. It's all it is and it works and since it works they gonna keep exploiting it cuz why the fuck not, its their products.

Attached: export.png (500x500, 105K)

And just like with religions, its hilarious when iPhags witness you doing something with your phone they never have been told to think of - like turning the volume up on the bar's TV or sending a file over bluetooth using nfc pairing. Drives many into an obsessive cycle to revalidate their purchase.

haha benis :D

>I have just found out that this shit actually has the hardware INSIDE the monitor.

wow just wow.

Oh god hahahahahahahahahahaha

>It is basically worse than a laptop
wait till you find out that they use macbook pro mainboards in their imacs kek

i was like you - till i built a modern hackintosh. pc cases came a long way noise-wise. noctuas in a R6 case are virtually un-noticeable. and if the workload gets high the sound they make is pleasant as compared to the high pitch whine the undersized mac fans make

>Can someone actually explain to me why Apple shit is popular?
it just werks for most of users. most people don't care about virgin sperg specs like CPU. they just buy a $1500 mac and know they can do their work for the next 3 - 5 years.
never forget: you are a sperg minority if you visit Jow Forums. normal people laugh at you for being a sperg

>The OS is restrictive (and broken).
the os is less restrictive than windows, and way more useable than linux. it's in a sweet spot.

>But the marketing should fail.
yet somehow it doesn't. now either the market is wrong or you are wrong.

My wife has one. Never had to perform tech support for her except when I messed with the wifi router. I'm quite fond of it myself but I Linux.

>my case is Fractal Design Define C that some dumbasses call a "hot box" with factory fans.
your fault for watching paid industry shills aka tech tubers who push overclock bullshit.

It's really simple. Adults usually just don't want to have thousands of cables and ugly devices (IBM-PC case for instance) on their desktop/at their workplace/in their living room.
So they look for a AIO solution and imac is the AIO with the best price-performance ratio and the best design on the market and it runs the best available desktop OS. So there really isn't much of a discussion.

Welcome to real life, you animu spastics

he's not wrong. imacs aren't workstations. they're home computers. for watching a video, designing a website, some light photo adjustment work. driving it at 100% load all the time is just as retarded as driving your macbook in clamshell mode at 100% all the time.
if you have workstation workloads, get a fucking workstation.

We want towers with loud fans, lots of cables and great performance from our PCs

Welcome to Jow Forums, you normie

people use computers for work not to play games in their 30s. if you want this shit go buy a console

Agreed. Only ignorants think MacOS is restrictive. Plus it doesn't have Windows' schizophrenia where you have two or three personalities competing for the same settings.

you just found out imacs have hardware inside the screen. whoa you must be a tech expert.

they use laptop parts.

>We want towers with loud fans, lots of cables and great performance from our PCs
maybe you want, /v/ermin. but all I want is a performing workstation that doesn't thermal throttle and is quiet.

VM into your workstation from another room if you need quiet.

Huge heatsinks, fans that are LOW RPM so they don't make much sound... That's it.

Apple is always following the "form over functionality" moto.

kek, neet faggot assumes everyone """works""" from their bedroom

Used to have an imac. My face was always hot just from casual browsing and it gets considerably hotter if you decide to play any game while wearing headphones.

>They appeal to feelings, people who are programmatic and logical are blind to that.
This user speaks so much truth.

That's not my fail but rather of those who trust these reviewers and automatically add lots of fans

Completely valid evidence desu, if you just google about running GPU w/o fan the basic answer is it will die fast

fucking mactards, holy shit. of course they will defend it and of course it fails miserably

Never had a problem with the cooling system in mine. Certainly miles better than the macbook in that area at least.

>I have just found out
Nigga, you dumb.

>imagine working there
Holy shit that looks like hell. How could anyone get any work done.

>inb4 wear headphones and blinders

so adults = dumb normies

It doesn't even look nice, all mac os products look like fucking toy PCs made for kids

>y-you are just u-using it w-wrong!

everytime