How do we fix the smartphone?

How do we fix the smartphone?

Attached: iPhone-X-edition-8-main-2.jpg (1600x1067, 410K)

we give them their own quarantine internet so they can all fuck off and we can have our old one back

2 words
>Back
>Notch

removable battery
sd slot
bezel
running real linux, not android, but without being a buggy pos
remaining effort goes toward good battery life

So...The Galaxy S1

Be ok with downgrading so you can go with more free upcoming phones. Phones need to only run non-proprietary software and hardware by default. All publicly traded companies should be mandated to have their IP in the public domain. Maybe after a very short window (less than a year) to incentivize R&D.

Integrate them into the skull. No notch, no chin, no 500 cameras, no soldered batteries etc.

Perfect phone
>microsd slot
>earphone jack
>no round corners
>no notch
>IR Transceiver
>swapable battery
>400+ PPI, which means at least 1080p
>usb-c and all of its functionality
>at least snapdragon 800
>water resistance
>lineageos or rattlesnakeos
>who cares about fingerprint botnet
>who cares face scanning botnet
>who cares about bezels
>lcd for longevity
The closest we got was probably 2014 with galaxy s5, the only things it was missing were usb c and lcd
Im still on lg g3 right now because no phone feels like a good investment

Attached: Andromeda.jpg (1220x813, 27K)

fpbp

Flatten Apple headquarters

This + either 3.5mm port or secondary usb port

I don't know mang, but I wish someone released an Android phone which is thin bezel (screen pretty much the entire phone) whose body is 110mm (4.3 inch) in length, and has a slide-out cam like Vivo's NEX S just to help that screen/body ratio remain minimal.
I'm tired of giant phones where i need to treck miles with my finger, and i like putting them into my pocket without looking like i'm hauling a fucking brick in my pants (and i don't even wear faggy skinny-fit shit but regular fit).

Attached: 1341698869608.png (430x430, 291K)

>removable battery
why though?

Easy ... stop buying apple garbage. Buy phones from companies who try different things. Apple does the same crap each release. Introduce a new feature and remove a bunch of features.

yeah i forgot to include the 3.5mm port

What's wrong with them?

>How do we fix the smartphone?
Make iPhone cheaper
Bam - perfect smartphone

so you can swap batteries if you have spares, remove them in certain conditions and/or buy new one(s) after 3 years when they can't hold a charge for shit

>Make iPhone cheaper
Can you imagine what would happen to the smartphone market if Apple decided to compete on price? All those Android-makers losing on every phone but hoping to make it up on advertising, tracking and commissions would fade to black overnight.
Samsung's miniscule profit per phone would evaporate.
It would become an iPhone market. Like the tablet market is an iPad market.
Be careful what you wish for.
What you resist, you become.

>Buy phones from companies who try different things.
Sure. Give your money to companies who are flailing around trying to find something that will make them stand out, something that will save them from the long spiral into bankruptcy.
Companies who are throwing shit against the wall and hoping something will stick. But it's still shit.

Reverting to a perfectly rectangular screen would be a solid start.

Diversify the form factors.
Open up the platforms.

No way of fixing it other than more battery and providing stock experience that doesn't make people try to switch to custom ROMs.

Or maybe improve durability in such a way that it's not required to use a phone case or screen protectors, without making the phone look like an absolute brick either. I mean the whole covering the entire body with the fucking screen is nice and all but I have to put a case on my fucking 6.44 inch smartphone because that thing already doesn't have the best surface, too much screen per body ratio and grabbing it with one hand quickly is an invitation for it to fall down. I haven't had any phones fall down and actually break, just small scratches here and there but still. Pointless to make a good looking phone if it's going to require a fucking cover that ruins it.

sounds pretty good to me

Ban targeted advertising. And """analytics""".
>carriers not allowed to record your location from towers
>stores not allowed to use wi-fi phone tracking
>Google et al not allowed to use your location or browsing habits to place ads
>app writers not allowed to know anything about you when placing ads
>even slow phones have no trouble browsing the web, since all the JS is ad crap that'll now have to be removed
punish this with a ridiculous fine (GDPR's 4% is weak, maybe make it 2/3 of global revenues) to ensure that it screeches to a halt and stays dead.

Even if the IPhone get cheaper I still would not want an iPhone because of various reasons.

Get rid of the notch
Prioritise Battery Life over "improvements" in camera and screen and whatever else the current trend is
Removable Battery
3.5mm jack and no more fucking dongles
USB-C

Literally make it as customizable as PCs, guns, cars etc. in terms of parts. You don’t realize how badly I need a strong cpu for my smartphone so it can sniff packets better

what do you mean atleast 1080p? Nobody has need for a 1440p or 4k screens on their 5-6 inch device.

freedoms

720p looks blurry after using a 1080p device
I feel no difference between 1080p and higher res devices

If for any reason you didn't think Jow Forums was filled with nothing but retards, just read this thread. Jesus christ.

4" screens

I especially love the notch circlejerking over addressing actual fucking issues.

These troglodytes have such limited brain capacity that they can't even see the shit that they are forced to deal with.
Or maybe it's just an extended summer. Fucking zoomers.

By buying blackberries

>encourage manufacturers to bloat the shit out of their products
neck yourself

Just make a modern S5

>even if getting a girlfriend was easier I still would not want a girlfriend because of various reasons
>even if getting a job was easier i still would not want a job because of various reasons
>even if buying a house was cheaper I still would not want to for various reasons.

>offer a version without glass back
>make it a bit fatter so there is no camera bump, improving the battery life in process
>kill lightning and go with usb c