Is there a more perfect GNU/Linux distro?

Is there a more perfect GNU/Linux distro?

Attached: Tumbleweed-mix.png (546x231, 13K)

Yup

Attached: iu[1].jpg (800x600, 32K)

Yea, any distro that boots from grub to login screen in less than a minute, any distro that has packages that work out the box more than 70% of the time and any distro that doesn't have Zypper.

based

Easily. If you run Tumbleweed for long enough with additional repos, you WILL experience breakage.

Checked

>syatemd

checked

>systemd

Jow Forums has completely degenerated.

Attached: g today.png (440x433, 44K)

I don't really like *suse, but this distro has a lot of good intentions behind it. If there was one reason to use *suse, it would be for tumbleweed.

No other distro uses openqa to do tested snapshots of a rolling release distro. At the very least they know every package will install and work together. Purists could argue against this, not being a "true" rolling release distro, but the truth is that it's better than that, in theory.

OpenSuse has large repos, you really don't need anything else. You can feel free to keep a dotfile of github projects and install additional things in your home directory if you need, since it will only be a couple items. Also many browsers auto-update today, just toss them in opt or something.

Debian is great, but it doesn't have a well supported rolling release version, nor is it an official project from distro maintainers. People will give me ((You))'s momentarily and say sid, and I use sid currently, but it isn't stable because of distro maintainers, it's because EVERY rolling release distro has become immensely more stable in the past 5 years or so, even Arch. OpenSuse is pushing that even further, no one else really compares.

Still, that being said, I don't know if it's enough, Suse is obscure and annoying, and there is so much targeted for Debian based distributions these days. Maybe a distro will come along and implement something like Tumbleweed does for Debian sid.

Attached: 1524014856969.png (540x632, 524K)

c h e c k e d

>defending systemd

If you really want a rolling release, use a minimal distro like Arch/Gentoo/Void. Don't bother with SUSE.

dude weed lmao

The point is that neither gentoo nor arch use repo snapshots with automated testing as far as I know, so tumbleweed has a valid place in the distro universe. Their ideals are novel, arch just throws whateverthefug into their repos, or you have to use packages other shithead arch users sloppily clobbered together.

>use void
y i k e s & cringe

>OpenSuse has large repos, you really don't need anything else
You don't fucking use OpenSUSE and your opinion is discarded. It comes with no codecs or patented software that might give Novell the lawsuit, so to even get the advantage of media players you need the packman repos added.

just stop using snapper you dumb fag

You can use the essentials one, and not replace everything doing it

debian has rapidly been going down the shitter for the last 2 releases tho...too many purple-haired mentally ill psychopaths on the dev team is my guess

this
but maybe because i'm too old and tired to experiment with anything else. it works and that's good enough for me.

tumbleweed was extremely unstable the last time I used it. leap is great

Ubuntu LTS is ok for most of my tasks. I tried Opensuse (both Leap and Tumbleweed) but one, Leap lack some packages I wanted and two, I needed a more stable system so a rolling release distro is a no no.

Agreed.

*suse > all

Attached: Screenshot_20181014_213301.png (1680x1050, 496K)

Attached: tpgf8.webm (464x848, 919K)

Debian respects my freedom by default. Does openSUSE?

Why can't you just, like, die?

*clears throat*

Attached: 250px-Void_Linux_logo.svg.png (250x206, 11K)

One thing they do right is ship by default with Firefox built to use Qt filepicker.

Attached: FbSJ5Xn.png (580x248, 37K)

tried it yesterday, removed it immediately. atom didn't work. i have no time to fix a shit distro i have stuff to do. moved back to manjaro

NixOS and Slackware are better.

>NixOS
stick to Slackware

kek

Attached: void.png (1440x1938, 433K)

>he think using a distro eith poettering's dick up it's ass makes him smart

Attached: 1538987696479.png (1000x1000, 679K)

traps are gay

>apt-get remove --purge --auto-remove systemd
>phew, that's too hard to do, I have to install another distro

Attached: musky.jpg (517x456, 24K)

trap or girl? answer quickly my dick is out

>having to remove it in the first place
>not just starting off with a distro without it
if you just installed Devuan in the first place you woukdn't have a broken mess
enjoy fixing your broken mess considering how deeply systemdicks is rooted in Debian

Attached: IMG_20180928_165239.jpg (1000x600, 88K)

>if you just installed Devuan in the first place you woukdn't have a broken mess
True, Devuan manages to be broken even before you install it.

>weak knees pointing inward

Either real girl or weakling trap who takes hormones.

>implying implications
so you're just shilling for systemdicks, eh?

How old is that?

>arch
>minimal
I LAUGH AT YOU, HAHAHA.

Based KDEfag.
I think uyp

if you use a desktop environment that resembles windows ditch it and give openbox a whirl

>if you like being productive stop and use my useless shit because hipster and shit yo

NixOS is pretty dope tho

>systemd
no

No, Tumbleweed is perfection.

Attached: perfect.png (1920x1080, 921K)

pretty based distro but I prefer arch

Attached: 1519231399202.png (600x500, 79K)

Arch is great! I just always come back to Tumbleweed. It's my favorite distro

No. Minimalism reasons. It uses less of your hardware to run OpenBox and it is a similar experience to using a floating window manager built into your DE.

I don't have a broken mess. Nor have I in any way noticed systemd being deeply rooted in Debian.

>apt-get purge systemd
Wow, that was hard.

You are a fucking retard.

I haven't noticed it going down the shitter, though. What is it that has bothered you?

How so? I dislike systemd just as much as the next guy, but this solution has been working perfectly for me

This isn't the 90s anymore. KDE even uses less resources than shitty WMs now a days.

I'd like it better if it didn't stop breaking every other update.

Not true. OpenBox >>> KDE. Pairing them is probably the best way to go.

Or its superior systemd free brother.

Attached: FDF53FF5-5ECB-47D2-B326-01F73635172B.jpg (648x348, 21K)

In what way did I mention systemd? What kind of crack do you smoke for shit to just appear on your screen?

>In what way did I mention systemd?
you bashed Devuan yet praised Debian in earlier posts
>what kind of crack do you smoke
whatever i pack in my pipe that your mither smokes

checked

It's not bad, but lacks the Ikea feeling of Arch.
The two big or RPM distros are great for productivity but most users also want to watch cat videos and most people here want to watch their cute girl cartoons and maybe play some open-source games on the side. Fedora and Suse are not so great at that.

>Arch/Gentoo/Void
I always seem to come crawling back to Arch but something always breaks and I'm off to not sure exactly what it is. if Arch developers went so laxidasical about the packaging and stability I'd stick with it and stop distro hopping.
Also, I'm surprised no one on Jow Forums criticizes Void Linux for being dependent on Gethub as its package repo.