PROTONMAIL

Compromised or comfy? Red pill me on Protonmail.

I see a lot of FUD here about it, but nobody actually posts proof. I just want a better email host that respects my privacy better than Gmail.

Attached: 1519078985468.jpg (800x600, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
fsf.org/resources/webmail-systems
tutanota.com/pricing
stacksocial.com/sales/protonvpn-plus-2-year-subscription
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rolling your own is the safest path

You won't get an honest opinion here, just shills of whatever email they are using

>java script botnet
No thanks. I use BitMessage

The argument I see against Protonmail is: hypothetically an actor could add javascript to the decryption page and capture your key. But I see this true for any web-based email host.

I'd go with Tutanota nowadays. Having their software on F-Droid makes me trust them more.
And if you're not self-hosting, you have to rely on trust anyway.

Attached: 1537852392677.jpg (1000x1200, 265K)

I looked at Tutanota. Some notes:
>all German team (not a pro or con, just an observation)
>no custom domain hosting, so you're stuck with their fugly domains

If they offered custom domains i'd be there.

I use proton mail. Haven't had any problems. Not sure how secure they are compared to others considering I'm unsure how to test that.

The Android app is bretty good, better than I expected

data is routed through Israel
make of it what you will

As a bog-standard email acct yeah.
Wouldn't use it for anything sensitive or if you're that way inclined criminal.

I had to switch because apparently it's too hard for idiots to spell

Wasn't there a recent case of Protonmail giving up the email of someone linked to a crime? The fact they are able to see your email on their side is a problem enough.

They do on premium plans

What do you expect on a site where anything popular is hated?
ProtonMail is pretty secure and currently there is no proven backdoor or vulnerability, just mouth-breathers here who think only cock.li is cool, because normies don't use it. And no, there wasn't any case when PM gave up somebody's private messages, they have just deleted some faggot's account who sold drugs though their service and advertised himself from an account with their domain name, they didn't have access to the contents of his messages.
And also no, that Israeli company doesn't have any access to sensitive user data.

quite the reddit-tier response
>And also no, that Israeli company doesn't have any access to sensitive user data.
yeah ok Chaim, shame you have no proof

Isn't their app proprietary software?

>protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
These rumors are categorically false and stem from a fundamental misunderstanding of how ProtonMail’s DDoS protection works. ProtonMail protects against DDoS attacks by using BGP redirection and GRE tunnels. This means that Radware only handles incoming traffic, and all incoming traffic is encrypted. Both encryption layers (SSL and ProtonMail’s OpenPGPjs) are intact in this solution. That’s why we picked BGP redirection instead of more inexpensive DNS based DDoS protection systems like Cloudflare. In other words, Radware only sees encrypted packets and nothing else. Furthermore, we only send traffic to Radware when ProtonMail is under DDoS attack, during normal conditions, traffic is routed normally through Zurich and Radware doesn’t even see encrypted ProtonMail network traffic.

The burden of proof is not on me, if you state something compromising like that, you have to support it with evidence. I would rather people at CERN instead of somebody with zero knowledge in cryptography.

*would rather trust

>taking PM's word for it
>just trust us goys! we wouldn't dare store your media!
keep being a bootlicking faggot and believing what companies tell you, I bet you also think DDG is private despite the fact it runs on AWS

Their crap as slow ugly ass fucking shit JS user interface does not help, atleast gmail fucking works.

This is my problem too. I want relative privacy and security, I don't need encrypted bullshit, I just want someone that isn't going full botnet, and will let me use nice standard protocols.
Seems self hosting is the only real alternative to a MS or Gmail service.

If you want a service respects your freedom, then you should not use ProtonMail. Their javascript code is nonfree. And it's breaks when you disable javascript.

Remember Edward Snowden's Lavabit scandal. Google it.

My suggestion to you - if you want your freedom and privacy- would be Posteo Mail. 1 Euro for month. And you don't have to identify yourself when you create account/payment.

Here's FSF articles about webmail systems. fsf.org/resources/webmail-systems

I have been using ProtonMail for a year. It's not as private as it sounds.
I confirmed by emailing them that they directly link aliases together in their database. If they have a database leak, you're compromised.
They charge money for a specific amount of aliases rather than just giving an unlimited number which they should do, because it costs them nothing extra.
They still haven't published a Linux bridge client, despite promising to do so. I think that's pretty suspicious. It would allow people to get away from the served JavaScript which could be used to fuck someone over.

not even the guy ur replying to but ur an idiot

False, they don't expect your blind trust, they detail you how their system works, and you could check yourself that your e-mails are encrypted with your locally generated private key, which is not sent to their servers.
Your very compelling argument made me sure that you have no fucking clue what that quoted paragraph was about, I'm not even sure you can construct any meaningful thoughts, so I don't even expect anything else other than the product of the ideology that was programmed into you, you are as equally worthless as a feminist.
Do you think you are capable of posting any real argument other than blaming the jews? Can you provide any technical details about a possible vulnerability?

They claim end to end encryption.
However it was also revealed that they do keyword searches of emails .
Both of these things cannot be simultaneously true. If messages really were fully encrypted at every step then they couldn't have anything looking for key words or phrases in messages.

They're par for the course for an email provider, but are intentionally deceptive about what they truly offer.

>I need to believe two separate conspiracies to accept that is even a possibility
Jews control the world behind the scenes
They are compromised by the above.

I will just take your rational word for it 'Murican

can't register via tor without js
can't use a different client without paying
might as well use anything else

protonmail is "protected" by some israeli company

>Do you think you are capable of posting any real argument other than blaming the jews?
>routes data through Israel yet claims its secure
i mean seriously, how much of a fucking kike shill can you be?
cool? no one asked for you to give your opinion
living in a kike puppet state and being one of the few to actually see what's really going on is painful
at least you recognize it as well, yuro

The best email provider is Posteo
One of the few services that FSF approved. I heard Tutanota is working on free javascript

Make sure to acompany this redpilled with lots of water, as some may find it hard to swallow.

all the companions i hire use proton mail.

just use yandex you fucking nerds, not like the russian government can do dick to you. unless you are russian of course, then use the american botnet

posteo.net

Best ToS and Privacy Notices

I just use letters delivered by private courier.

does it work with a client?

This
Hi Mossad

Attached: 1528914817215.gif (2000x1153, 365K)

Seems better than handing it all to Google, but no calendar and no conversation view in the app is a real bummer

>using google

Protonmail is secure enough

encrypted data during a ddos*

>israelis didn't have the encryption keys
>STOP ASKING QUESTIONS YOU STUPID GOYIM

Attached: 1506324986705.jpg (990x990, 98K)

Can I see a source on that. Very intriguing if true.

Not a terrible idea actually. If I'm going to have a government read all my shit it should at least be the one that I don't live in.

See

How would they get those? Not even the developers of ProtonMail have access to those.

You'll have to rely on trust as long as you don't self-host. What is your point?

Yes and no. With encryption and open source you don't really need trust.

Still user, there is no way to verify they are actually running the same code they publish to the public. Hence you are trusting they are.

Just use cock.li
It's how you look to anyone you give a proton email anyway

The best solution is obviously to make your own mailserver

True enough. Guess the next step is making it distributed or something.

Does anyone actually have source or proof proton can read yr emails or is otberiwse compromised? Or are you just shills and retards

They're mostly NSA employees and shills who fell for the propaganda.

NSA can see yr emails while you are accessing them if it infected with the Wikileaks vault 7 stuff no matter what the encryption but im sure they are happier being able to do it at theor leisure

Vault 7 was CIA

Let's be real, if you want to be secure, don't use email for sensitive communication in the first place. Make disposable emails when it is required for something or roll your own. I always wondered why people are retarded enough to leave incriminating documents in existence. Why even produce such a thing to begin with? If it's dangerous enough you need to hide it, it should be destroyed.

I use it as a personal email for normal use and send all the spammy other shit I dont give a fuck about to a gmail. I'm not victor the hackerman from ukraine and I cba to setup my own server

ProtonMail is better than nothing. It's not their fault email's boomer tech. Their gimmick is basically including more opportunistic encryption.

>can't subpoena the message text in your mailbox because it's encrypted
>they don't actually have the keys to your mailbox so database dumps are not very useful
>in the rare event you know someone that uses PGP or ProtonMail the client makes end to end braindead easy to use

>Thinking NSA and CIA dont share intel

Attached: 1984-john-hurt.jpg (1280x720, 36K)

>nobody actually posts proof.
it's compromised since they partnered with
(((Radware))), an Israeli infosec company.
All user data go straight to Israel's Mossad.

But their alliance with Israel is not a surprise since (((Swiss))) are basicaly mountain Jews.

Attached: Swiss Mountain Jew.jpg (1196x852, 355K)

notice that I linked their own website:

Where (((they))) tell to trust Israel.
Saying things similar to:
"Oy Vey Goyim trust in (((Radware))) since Israel is Goyim's best ally"

So you're saying encryption is broken. But then why use anything?

I think that self-hosting might be safer if configured properly.

Protonmail is a monitored honeypot.

>the year or our lord 1984+34
>thinking the CIA share anything with anyone
>thinking the CIA didn't set up Snowden within the NSA so he could blow the whistle on PRISM
>thinking the CIA liked the fact anyone else, pet alone an agency run by the DoD, could see what shenanigans they got into
ISHYGDDT

Attached: 1521382426193.gif (349x199, 487K)

Oh snap they do, I didn't see this page
tutanota.com/pricing
Well shit. I just paid for a year of Protonmail. I'd like to see these two services compared.

>honeypot

waiting for proof :^)

Yeah but at least it's good. I was afraid it'd be garbage, but they put in the dev $$$ to polish it, at least on Android.

Honestly looked good at first bu the FAQt:
>Can I use Posteo with my own domains?
>No.

Dropped

Should've paid for a 2 year plan instead, they're 33% off. Paste this in your browser console when you're logged in and you'll see the black friday button.

$('.navigationBlackFriday')[0].style.display = "block"

>waiting for proof :^)

Thanks user. They pro-rate if you've already paid, which is nice.

Maybe I should wait until Black Friday to apply this. Has anyone used it now?

Attached: 1518938577628.png (702x914, 83K)

They left the black friday thing in for the fans since not many people know about it. They've never cared if people used it since they left it there intentionally.

I actually mega kiked them. Humble Bundle messed up and sold $25 ProtonMail credits for $1 each. I bought a bunch of them and used the credit to buy a 2 year plan 33% off.

You can also get 2 year ProtonVPN subscriptions for 66% off here:
stacksocial.com/sales/protonvpn-plus-2-year-subscription

Don't be fooled by the deadlines, this deal never expires.

And I mean you don't even need to pay for their VPN service. Each account gets a 7 day Plus trial and it's not that hard to make new ones...

(actually it's closer to 70% off, you get a -10% coupon from stacksocial by giving them your email)

>A remote code execution vulnerability has been spotted in use against some users running PyBitmessage v0.6.2.
kek..
Also just use the bridge instead of the webui.

YOU CAN'T ASK THAT QUESTION

Attached: 1538066412134.jpg (638x501, 66K)

What is a secure and anonymous mail service? Something like cock.li or protonmail

>implying cock.li is secure

It doesn't matter much how secure your email is, because you are sending them to other people who are just using jewmail

Attached: jSA15Pf.jpg (810x1530, 174K)

>Thinking you know everything the CIA is up to
>Thinking the CIA would have a motivation to expose a government spying program
>Thinking high level politicians dont know what the CIA is up to

based

I might try out Proton, I've been using TutaNota for quite some time tho. Very basic, app is a little slow, but it werks.
Is the transition really work it?

>ProtonMail
>"too insecure"
>uses Gmail
>mfw

Attached: 1445637202260.png (470x470, 331K)

insecure against 3rd party attacks, not government/law agencies I think.

Protonmail is run by CERN demonic cult

Truthful response here.

El psy congroo