What are some good beginner audiophile equipment to buy

What are some good beginner audiophile equipment to buy

Attached: gorillaz-reissue-1.jpg (656x381, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kcIU_iA4VAI
roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A bottle of snake oil, it might as well be your only "audiophile" purchase.

for listening or producing?

What makes you say that

Listening
I can't play musical farts well

Your average "audiophile" is a middle year crisis male who's losing hearing already and has more money than knowledge, so he ends up making a fool out of himself by showing his complete lack of knowledge about sound (especially digital sound).

Makes sense
I'm a Hispanic in his mid 20's and I feel that playing off a laptop is just as good

Go to /mu/

shit dac + amp + meme600
thats what I bough btw

NO
Vinyl is technology
It's the thinkpad of the music world

Something something Beyerdynamic

HD6XX off massdrop

Skip DACs, every device has been equal since about 2009.

Skip amps unless you need more power to drive high impedance headphones (my 600ohm beyers, for example) or are deliberately chasing a warmer sound (eg a tube amp).

Obviously you need an amp for speakers.

what headphone you buy depends on musical tastes

stay away from boomer folklore like records and bi-wiring.

vinyl is the 486 of the music world

So if you want something good but affordable some of the older vintage McIntosh amps and preamps can be had reasonably if you keep your eyes open. Something like an MA6100 Integrated or an MC2100/C28 Amp/Preamp combo.

As for a decent DAC something like the Audioquest Dragonfly Red would likely suffice.

Attached: ma6100angle.jpg (1200x900, 261K)

Upvoted for Demon Days.

are you a nigger?

Klipsch Jubilee
2x McIntosh MC2KW
Marantz AV8805
Direction-Controlled HDMI cables

/mu/ listens to music on Logishit and laptop speakers. The best system people there have is the upgrade Bose option in their vehicle.

if you're over 30 or near 30 audiophile is a meme. your ears are too bad to hear all that audiophile bullshit anyways. a few years down the road and you won't hear difference between 128kbit mp3 and flacs

>Direction-Controlled HDMI cables
rofl. the absolute state of audiocucks. "see, this piece of copper will let electrons through only in one way" lol

>not using maglev technology in your cables

It’s snake oil: the industry

i don't get the losing hearing argument.

audiophilism is not about degradation of your ears but finding the perfect equipment to render the perfect sound simulation in your room

>cuz audiophilism is all about the bitrate transparency

damn fuck off my board kiddo

Attached: 636383173738187710-noose.png (640x480, 260K)

OP here
youtu.be/kcIU_iA4VAI

So I went to RMAF last weekend and my favorite overheard discussion was some guy intensely going on about how he doesn't even consider speaker wires until they've had at least 200 hours of burn in.

I don't think that's how metal works...

Attached: DSCF0648.jpg (1080x720, 229K)

Oh...and just FYI this was written by the guy who designed speakers and other items for McIntosh for decades.

Basically it comes down to simply buying the right length and gauge of copper lamp cord for your speaker type and you are good. This is what I base all my wiring on.

roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

Attached: speakerwirechart.jpg (679x386, 151K)

memes is why. Same as horns are honky, horns are for old people etc. The people who complain about horns are the same people listening in a cinder block/cement basement or hardwood floors/bare walls.