When will nerds come up with a file format that will replace PDF and free us from having to use Adobe products to edit...

When will nerds come up with a file format that will replace PDF and free us from having to use Adobe products to edit them?

Attached: 960px-Pdf_by_mimooh.svg[1].png (960x1024, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_XML_Paper_Specification
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I haven't used adobe shitware in a decade and I use pdfs everyday

Which non-adobe software allows you to do these (or most of them) to PDF files?

Attached: file.jpg (327x875, 50K)

Last time I checked, PostScript existed.

Calibre

PDF is an open standard. The only case where you need to use the adobe client, afaik, is for DRMed documents that need to phone home to make sure that they haven't been modified and that you have permission to view them.

See PDF is free as freedom. There is no need to replace it.

PDF is the best cross platform document format.

>Shelling out shekels for kiketel
>Shilling for kiketel
>Complaining about adobe
I seriously hope you anons don't do this. You don't wanna be a commie-nazi, now would you?

>editing pdfs
.....why?

Ghostscript can combine, optimize and export pdf to other formats (PostScript, PCL and XPS). I don't know if it can also do any of the other things. I don't use it that extensively.

I remember when everybody used text files. And we liked it!
Then HTML.
Now PDF.
These days, though, you're likely to find text files with weird extensions.

On windows you can use sumatra or foxit
On linux okular is unbeatable but i supplement its functionality with cli convert and other things that are unknown to you, since you are clearly on windows

Already exists, it's called .txt.

PDF is a great format, OP. See and

I want to change a contract before signing it (and hope the other party doesn't notice it)

What about djvu?

Devilish

>open format
>adobe products
What in the literal fuck is going on in this thread?

oh. just hoodhat shit eh? Goodluck!

Attached: 1468108453175.jpg (600x450, 70K)

serious question: is there a .pdf reader that allows mouse-to-zoom? more specifically, with the scroll wheel and zooms in directly where the pointer is at.

my job often requires me to read blueprints in .pdf and having to increase zoom % and being forced to scroll around a page(s), is the fucking worst.

Attached: BB339983-E50A-4CFA-A107-D219129C6883.jpg (640x480, 84K)

Sumatra PDF.
Ctrl+wheel to scroll to the pointer position, and click+drag to move in the documents.
Actually I'm sure most readers do that, but I can confirm its Sumatra's behavior.

Is PDF the most boomer file format? They demand everything in it so they can print it out or read it with their Adobe shitware.

>lets take this 20b document and turn it into 10MB

What the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: Screenshot_20181014_175926.png (443x918, 82K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_XML_Paper_Specification

Free standard. Can use it free, no permission required. Actual binary format is zip with XML inside. Microsoft anything is NOT required to program for it.

PDF isn’t that bad considering it is an open free standard now