What's the best Android TV box currently available?

What's the best Android TV box currently available?

Attached: 89875bce187c4fcca80e6db4b0847029_1.dd2d2b4c66836222c4592db262633603.png (450x450, 99K)

mini itx computer connected to tv

/thread

Attached: Sony VAIO PCV-MXS20.jpg (500x288, 22K)

What so you plan on using it for?

Shield will be among the top for anything.

Just a quick way to launch Netflix, plex, etc. I'm tired of having to boot my PC and navigate with a mouse just to put on a show

way ahead of you m8

Attached: zotac-zbox-nano-aq02-plus_top.jpg (1280x853, 78K)

Linux. It's called Linux. Stop calling it "Android".

>For using KODI only:
Any of the cheap S905 boxes will mostly do, they can even play x265 pretty well. RPi can't do this for example, which makes it not the best solution.

>For Amazon/Netflix/YouTube...
I heard the AppleTV is pretty good. But as I don't want to support Apple, I got a FireTV (Stick) 4K. It plays all popular video streaming services and even runs KODI fine. Also low power, HDMI-CEC which includes comfy browsing with your TV remote.

I have this and it's shit, because
* There is no proper Amazon App and watching it through the browser is uncomfortable and brings problems
* It uses a lot more power, even when using low-power PCs
* It doesn't support any HDMI-CEC commands
* You need some kind of keyboard/mouse thingy

>* You need some kind of keyboard/mouse thingy

What is the Logitech K400

It's still a keyboard, and it's 2/3 of TV Box prices.

I actually use it, but it's still shit compared to the remote IMO

Then just get an Air mouse ffs

Ah Thanks, actually never heard of Air Mouse until now.

what a shitpost

I bought a cheap cloned S905x and installed Libreelec on it, which made everything milk and honey until it went kaput after a few weeks of usage. Tried flashing it lots of ROMs without success, which leads me to believe that it's hardware failure. Now I'm reluctant to buy another one, even if it's from a "reputable Chinese brand", because nothing guarantees that they will have a longer life than the cloned box, especially considering that most of them are around the same price range.

roku is pretty sweet actually, and fairly cheap. has all the official support form people and also supports plex, emby, etc..

i use a chromecast with all my apps on my phone.

so lets use a product that would be way overkill and bring in less functionality than a roku? No thanks.

Even as a tech savy person who runs my own home server for streaming and what not, I don't see the purpose for the general user having a full pc interface just for streaming and smart services. Actually the full pc interface would probably be more of a hindrance than a positive.

Having a remote that works with the device, that can be a mouse and remote in one would probably be more practical for most people too

it's called kodi + eventghost you plebeian

Shield TV

Either this or desktop computer via hdmi

>Having a remote that works with the device

Attached: 61f1AgGB6hL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 17K)

Yes I'm fully aware of kodi. I use plex atm. Haven't heard of eventghost. I was thinking in more of terms of a general user though, which I know is not the audience of Jow Forums.

a keyboard/mousepad is not a remote. Not saying I'm opposed to it, but again I'm thinking in terms of a general user I guess. But yeh I was thinking of something like the LG magic remote.