If it's so bad, why are you using a distto that has it?

If it's so bad, why are you using a distto that has it?

Attached: SYSTEMD-e1434229775958.gif (1968x639, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I ended up just going back to Windows.

It's actually good.

this

It's not so bad. I have gentoo and I chose to use systemd instead of openrc.

because it just werks on my machine

I like it, POSIX boomers can't get with the times

Faggots that signed the CoC.

It violates the Unix philosophy.

>implying

your fat bloated ass violates the unix philosophy

Fuck off spammer

Attached: 1522019495090.png (3660x1346, 1.47M)

I'm completelyout-of-the-know with shit like this. Someone please educate a retard, what is this? If it's bad, what's the alternative?

im using mx linux sooo

Because Arch Linux is the best

I use Winodws so I'm not a systemd cuckold

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
wew.................bfshdsbSHAHHSAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH HAH HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

yup, makes the system easier to manage

but... i am not desu senpai
i'm phoneposting so i'll upload a scrot once i get the chance

Attached: gelbooru.com 2629928 10s 1girl black_legwear commentary_request couch gengetsu_chihiro grey_eyes.jpg (1600x1200, 894K)

I prefer OpenRC and runit
I've extensively used systemd, I don't think it's really any easier or harder
the real benefit is that it homogenizes all of the distros, so you can learn how to manage a ubuntu system, move to an arch system, and already know everything you need to know

I'm using a distro that uses it because Poettering consistently shits out new services that get rammed up everyone's asses by Red Hat.

not saying systemd is great but if you vehemently hate systemd you might be autistic

imagine if uriel was here to see systemd...

I'm using Devuan. Suck my fucking dick.

Attached: 1523051493237.gif (400x320, 1.48M)

guy is a disgusting NEET freetard

Only based and repilled comment ITT

Attached: 1539375035474.jpg (640x640, 70K)

systemd is great

>the Unix philosophy
>hurr text in gargl wobble
>gargl text out hurrr pffrzz durrr

i use runit because it's sane and similar to init which was good enough, we don't need the extra shit that systemd does and there's no good justification for using it over runit

hell ya, derivative bro here

Attached: 18.jpg (921x1300, 530K)

Objective ranking:
runit > sysvinit > systemd > openrc

it's a steaming pile of bloat. If you scratch the surface, you'll find bugs everywhere. bugs that are so bad shitstainD is irrelevant

I'm not.

It is bad. Especially on servers.

It's shit and keeps making shutting off the system really long, about 2minutes long.
Unfortunately very distro that doesnt use systemd is either a hobby distro (Slackware/Gentoo) or has some weird package manager that's missing all the libs i need.
>inb4 just compile them yourself
i got shit to do, im past the hobbyist fase

>distto

GNU's not Unix.

i'm using devuan

GNU's not Unix's not Unix

This. More attack surface

>very distro
>im past the hobbyist fase
past the typing and research fase too it seems

because maintainers are lazy

start your service with RootDirectory= and it won't be able to access systemd (or udev, or sudo, or anything, really)

I don't.

I don't

>More attack surface
lol systemd literally lets you limit your slice by fucking subnet or even ip even on a per service granularity.

It quite literally makes Linux security features finally usable.

I'm not and I refuse to use distros with systemd

grammar nazis are back?
shit when did i take the time machine back to 2007

>grammar nazi
Spelling phase fase isn't a grammar mistake.

Attached: tard.jpg (1024x512, 71K)

Attached: installgentoo.png (2560x1440, 115K)

Monokernels violate Unix philosophy

>Spelling phase fase isn't a grammar mistake.
You in the pic you posted

He's obviously ESL, give him a break.

Imagine being this pathetic.

Attached: tough-luck.jpg (720x529, 68K)

wow. what a good argument, kevin.

Attached: my uncle to rate.png (572x554, 525K)

I keep reading about how systemd is meant to make things boot faster but Windows still boots way faster than any Linux?

makes sense, only 3rd worlders care about outdated memes

Reminder that UNIX was a proprietary trash from the 70s and it's only appearance in tech for the last decades was about suing open source projects
If you glorify UNIX, you're a faggot, enemy of freedom and belong to reddit

the absolute fucking state of communists

>I keep reading about how systemd is meant to make things boot faster
doubt pottering has ever said that as speed has never been their priority, still faster than windows though

>runit > sysvinit > systemd > openrc
Systemd is the only one I tried that fails to shut down sometimes. It should be the worst.

i use gentoo lol

underrated

Agreed.

gnu.org/philosophy/

How do you figure that? Wasn't the original UNIX System V a monolithic kernel?

that image is just retarded.. did you make it and if so were you dropped on your head as a child?

I'm using Arch with systemd, which I currently prefer as my init system. Writing unit files is much simpler and straightforward than init.d scripts. Plus, systemd's automatic dependency resolution makes writing unit files AND managing the system a breeze.

The included management tools systemctl, machinectl, journalctl and loginctl are fairly intuitive and offer a lot of control over the system all in one place. For example, being able to see the status of multiple services at once, enabling and starting a service in one step (enable --now), and suspending the system without pm-utils.

With that being said, I strongly disagree with systemd's blatant disregard for the UNIX philosophy with things like a built-in DNS resolver that fucks with resolve.conf, and forcing graphical sessions onto VT1. It's great, but I'd love to see Poettering removed from the project altogether.

Show me a decent init system that isn't systemd. My experiences with BSDs made me like systemd even more than I did already. Things like shell scripts to start daemons and fucking crontab are pure cancer, especially the latter as it's more or less an reimplementation of init.

I don't... At least on my laptop... On my servers I have no choice but systemdicc

>My experiences with BSDs made me like systemd even more than I did already.

You've either never used a BSD or you prefer to overcomplicate the simplest things.

Since when is systemd overcomplicated? Using it is as simple as it gets, and it allows to view logs easily.
Tell me that BSDs are so great with their 80s tier ifconfig and /etc/rc.d, I won't believe any of your bullshit. They're the overcomplicated solution to a simple problem, which is starting and babysitting processes. Crontab is bloat and a mistake, it's essentially a duplicate implementation of init with a shitty syntax. Modern init systems implement similar functionality themselves (like systemd timers) because it's basically the thing that init is supposed to do in the first place, not because they're trying to replace entire userspace with themselves.

nope youre dumb af
my linux machine boots in like 3 seconds, vs like 60 seconds for my windows work pc

but i don't. I use Devuan ASCII.

Editing text files is as simple as shit gets. Literally anything else is overcomplicated in comparison.

(You)

And? With systemd you're just editing conf files, a format much simpler than shell scripts.

More unix/bell tard than freetard.

Void linux

Runit.
Literally makes daemons for you.

And editing systemd's unit files are the simplest text-based configs of all.

rc.d and crontab weren't over-complicated, they were quite suitable for 70's and 70's UNIX, but now we need something more modern. Init scripts don't scale well to large systems with hundreds of services

Because Void shat itself when i tried to update because the package build system can fail to make correct dependencies available, so I went back to mint.

Although I also installed freeBSD on another computer and couldn't be happier with it, so i might try and migrate out of Linux entirely

I'm not.

GNU's not Unix's not Unix's not Unix

I don't. I use Artix with runit.