/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best for gaming and not a massive overpriced disappointment like the 9700k
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb for lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 2700xpower1.png (712x1441, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zzUfW_L0dck
pcpartpicker.com/list/fNhjLJ
pccasegear.com/products/44134/aoc-ag272fcx-27in-fhd-144hz-freesync-curved-gaming-monitor
pcgamer.com/a-closer-look-at-intels-5ghz-28-core-cpu/
pcmonitors.info/reviews/samsung-c27hg70/#The_27_2560_x_1440_curved_experience
youtube.com/watch?v=Trlk2oo3IWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>AMD is trash for gamin-
youtube.com/watch?v=zzUfW_L0dck

Attached: SHUT IT DOWN GOY.jpg (408x632, 32K)

Atleast nvidia doesn't play at 80 degrees LUL

How long until the 3700x is expected to be released, even?

Building a low end streaming pc for my buddy who plays fortnite. Budgets about 800, opinions?

>Freesync
>StoreMI
>Vega
>5 AMD CPUs
Why not change the title to /amdbg/?

>took almost 2 hours to post the thread

I think this war is taking its toll on AMDpoors and Incels alike.

The op is retarded. Intel processors are better for gaming, he only accounts for price/ performance. On that note i wouldnt personally but an intel cpu due to many reasons including the differential being fairly minimal in most games as well as the plethora of security issues

It's misleading considering that there is an Intel launch this week and not even a blip on the OP

You cant into liquid cooler?

I agree there should be news but lets be real; the dodged benchmarks and the9900k cost is bullshit. Seriously the cpu is double the cost of a 2700/x. Not saying its not the best gaming cpu though, even if its marginal

>shill for AMD in one post
>reply to myself shilling for intel in the next one

Attached: ol1s5nzdam1y.png (200x200, 53K)

>he only accounts for price/ performance
isn't that what everyone is after? well 99% of the people here can't/don't want to spend 2.5k+ on a gaming pc for it to be UN-utlised 90% of the time.

>intel 8c16t is $600
>amd 8c16t is $280
>performance difference is ~15% on 1080p
>performance difference is ~5% on 1440p
>price difference is nearly 200% difference.

It's time to take a step back and reflect on your life

fyi: the 8700 is a huge turd. Without deliding and at least a 3 fan AIO this thing will constantly overheat and thermal throttle even during gaymen. I don't even know what the point of the 8700K is for anymore, you'd need a water refrigent unit to cool it enough to run past 4.7GHz.

t. salty i7 8700 owner who gets 80C+ at 4.4GHz with a high end water cooler

Attached: e11.png (680x735, 182K)

So lets say nothing in my PC cant fall out no matter what and I have the most protective case in it, if I were to get an ssd would I basically be able to throw my computer across the room and nothing would be damaged?

Attached: 1538954413259.png (908x444, 80K)

Attached: 1413913323099.jpg (1000x1000, 293K)

>imagine being so poor that you game on a Ryzen

Actually no, it shouldbt just be price to performance, althoufh thats the metric i use for most purchases. Additionally the entire op is gaming centric, no mention of workloads that intel and to some degree nvidia work better in. I wish the op was not just gaming

Bro this is why i never saw the point in a lot of the aftermarket coolers people buy for intel unless they plan on delidding

I get theres a mass trolling going on in all these threads but i even said i dont buy intel in my post

By that logic we should all buy iPhones, apple computers, and designer clothes/shoes.

Can you dumb nigger fags stop bitching and arguing about which brand Do You Love More and who sucks the most Cock of the other brand and just fucking give me your opinion on this build

yea but most people build pc's to game, i do agree there should be a wider range but logicalincrements is my go-to place for part speccing.

6-9 months

Get an i3

thats nothing that unusual without delidding. you didnt win the lottery but it should still work about right. With that said you sure your AIO is working properly?

breddy gud

>less cores
>dogshit stock cooler

yeah it's fine, I don't like the case or keyboard much but that's a personal thing

How is an i3 capable of streaming

>my CPU is better because it needs a fatass cooler to keep it from melting

stream these nuts kid.

Educate them first and I'll consider it

Yup, got an H150i and made sure no leaks and even used mx4 thermal paste. Fans spin at max when under load still this piece of shit i7 overheats somehow.

That's what he's talking about genius. Even high end water coolers won't get you 5GHz on i7s.

Sweetie that's intel you're talking about.
see

[PRESALE] Kogan 27" Curved QHD 144hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor $359 + Delivery

This is in aud. Panel is a samsung va type so failry decent. This is aud so like $250 usd but obviously conversions arent 1:1 with these sort of things

Even high end water coolers won't run an AMD past its stock clock.

Im not sure how youd troubleshoot this but have you ruled out failing pump?

Yup, checked everything m8, I've considered deliding but the risk seems to outweigh the reward desu. 5% increase in performance risking permanent damage to the cpu is a bif doozy.

Hey man, intel aren't the ones selling you a fucking refrigerator with their CPU.

i was looking at this too m8, either this or the one on pccg.

pccasegear.com/products/44134/aoc-ag272fcx-27in-fhd-144hz-freesync-curved-gaming-monitor

YES, THEY ARE.

>"Okay, Intel isn't using LN2 (liquid nitrogen), but that's a massive refrigerated liquid cooling loop clearly designed to take the CPU below ambient, probably close to the freezing temperature range. (I've read elsewhere that it can go as low as 4C.) The insulation around the tubing is necessary to prevent condensation when running such temperatures. Tom's Hardware has images showing the specific model is the Hailea HC-1000B, with a 1HP motor that chills the refrigerant and allows dissipating up to 1000W of power. Based on my experience with the existing Core i9 parts, that's exactly what you'll need to do to cope with a 28-core Skylake-X chip running at 5GHz."

pcgamer.com/a-closer-look-at-intels-5ghz-28-core-cpu/

Attached: E9s5Sp64uQwhLMcTj5Sk35-650-80.jpg (650x365, 44K)

DELID

Attached: 1490730560541.jpg (882x758, 318K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

>cope

Attached: 1539143915222.jpg (200x224, 9K)

>don't have a monitor
>plan on getting an Nvidia GPU
You're in for a treat. You should look at what Gsync monitors cost first and how shitty they are.

I'd just guy an RX570/580 while they're cheap. There's been RX570 as low as $150. The new ones likely won't be as good performance for the dollar, even if they're slightly better performance.

lmao Navi almost surely won't come this year.

Interesting test. 2600 isn't overclocked but still outperforms in almost every test.
At this point, with how expensive the 8400 is, you can get the 2600X for the same price.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/fNhjLJ
3000 CL15 RAM is only like $5-$10 more.

>hur dur prices don't matter when people are building a PC without a certain budget
You can't actually be this retarded.

Seriously, what's with all these blatant lies lately since the 9000 series paper launch? We have a few anons running their 2700X with a BCLK OC at over 4.5GHz on cheap air coolers. At least one of them, IIRC, runs theirs on the stock cooler even though he was probably lucky with binning and being able to undervolt, but that's not unheard of elsewhere.

You forgot to add that multithreaded performance of the $600 9900k is roughly the same as the $280 2700X, despite the 15% higher single thread performance. HT is garbage and SMT is great. That's really the biggest joke here.

I'm sure you were told that before buying it. Should have gotten a 2600X/2700X.

The most likely issue to happen there is your thermal paste between the CPU cooler and IHS would likely break the coherency of the bond and not conduct heat as well.

Thank you kindly

>allows dissipating up to 1000W of power
That's insane, how was this apple to cool 28 fucking intel housefires when their 18 cores infernos already get close to that.

Attached: overclocked-7980xe-power.jpg (700x486, 38K)

almost like i warned everyone of this months ago, pic related is a "overclocked" 4790k

Attached: overclockXTREEEEEEEEEM.png (132x50, 1K)

As if thats at all comparable

>the 15% higher single thread performance

It's 30% buddy.

Attached: 1536933295046.png (1109x3646, 376K)

I personally didn't want AMD because bulldozer left a bad taste in my mouth. If zen 2 is as good as people say it will be I'm switching to that else I'm hunkering down until intel unfucks itself from this eternal hell they've put themselves in.

>tfw 10nm intel will be worse than 14nm
please don't fuck this up AMD

Do computer part prices drop on nigger friday?

Based FX-8350 not even using 125w.

Then why is the 2700X only ~5% behind intel now?

Attached: 1539275662201.jpg (641x2895, 423K)

If an AMD shill tells you that it's 5% behind, you know it has to be at least 30%

Right but this isn't from AMD though. Now answer my question, why is a 4GHz AMD processor almost on par with a 5GHz intel processor in real world performance?

>better counter his credible benchmark with a deceptive benchmark

Nigger, thats only 1080p

Based 1700 drawing 20w over its tdp

pcmonitors.info/reviews/samsung-c27hg70/#The_27_2560_x_1440_curved_experience

this is the panel they used from samsung. take a read.

never tell me the odds

now lets see if it fails realbench stress test

Attached: IMG_0330.jpg (2016x1512, 720K)

Budget is $1,000 USD. Will be used mostly for photo editing, some video editing. Won't be gaming much but would like the option to play some games from time to time without issue.

No clue where to even start.

Why is AMD 30% slower than intel in single core performance?

1080p or 1440p makes no difference for me. i sit a fair way back from my monitor.

>232 single perf at 3.7GHz
>225 single per at 5.1GHz
Yeah man, this is super credible.

Ipc

>GHz is the only thing affecting performance

That doesn't make any sense, wasn't zen supposed to match haswell IPC? How did it go past coffee lake IPC?

Attached: ThinkingSayori.png (500x500, 142K)

>zotac

Man what's the point of intel anymore? You spend 2-4X more on a processor that gets you 10% more fps in some games and 5% more fps on most. Wouldn't it be better to spend that money on a better GPU instead?

Attached: 8aa.jpg (500x885, 50K)

It was just a short benchmarking run. So you had a sub-ambient reservoir of water to start with.
The CPU itself may have drawn more around 1300W.

On top of that, it's an ultra binned chip, and being cooler tends to let you squeeze out a bit higher frequency.
For example with Polaris, each 10 degrees Celsius cooler that you make it tends to let you clock it above 5Mhz higher without touching the voltage. So 20C cooler than ambient should get you around 10MHz extra. And that's coming from the 1400MHz starting range instead of starting at over 4GHz. It might be that 10C lower on that Xeon part gets you more like 20-25Mhz more.

How are you this stupid to think you can make up that much difference with just things like board and memory frequency? That's clearly misreporting.

The point is giving people something to falseflag and shitpost about. No one's actually *buying* them except clueless idiots.

Why'd you filter out overclocked 2700X results but you show overclocked 8700k ones?
2700X gets over 188 score on Cinebench st with overclocks like the results you're showing there. 232 is not even 19% higher, not 30%, you brainless shill. My 15%, off the top of my head, was close. And you'll see the multithreaded is largely the same, just like how the 2600X gets a HIGHER multithreaded score than the 8700k despite vastly lower clock speeds.
There's >190 2700X 1t results out there, though I can't find them. It gets real close to 15%.
Christ. How does one shitposting troll user get BTFO as many times per hour as you do? How do you sit in your chair with your ass gaping open so tremoundously with how much you're repeatedly RAPED? Do you just swallow the whole entire seat up with your asshole?

Attached: 2700X cinebench 1t 188.png (572x767, 223K)

>zotac

yeah but $450 for a 1080 i mean shit

fractal design nano s or phanteks enthoo evolv itx?

I have the phanteks enthoo pro tg, love it

do you think it's too big?

232/177 is 31%

I even rounded it down out of pity.

>Why'd you filter out overclocked 2700X results but you show overclocked 8700k ones?

>I'd just guy an RX570/580 while they're cheap. There's been RX570 as low as $150. The new ones likely won't be as good performance for the dollar, even if they're slightly better performance.
Not strong enough, im looking to get into VR so im looking for 1070 or better.
Also in Mexico a 1060 is cheaper than a 570 for whatever reason.

Here's an overclocked cinebench run with an overclocked 2700.

It doesn't even get 177.

Wouldn't get it unless you already have a 144hz Gsync monitor. Just spending extra money for nothing.

eh I prefer mITX which actually make better use of the form factor in their designs instead of them being a few inches shorter of a tower.
Phanteks Evolv Shift or something like that.

Oh so you're so much of an unbelievable shitposting shill that you will only compare a stock 2700X to the overclocked 8700k. 188 score isn't even the highest air OC result on a 2700X, either. I've seen some above 190.
Thanks for showing your true colors, if it wasn't clear enough already.

Forgot link.

youtube.com/watch?v=Trlk2oo3IWI

i had the phanteks enthoo evolv matx before selling my old pc (made big bux because it had a nice case) and it was too big desu, almost like a atx sized case.

From what I've heard, in Mexico it's cheaper to import parts from the US and pay import duties/tax. Could be wrong though.

Anyway you were asking about "new cards" and the only thing new coming this year appears to be another Polaris refresh on 12nm this time.

>that OC result doesn't count.
>only my underclocked (4.3GHz instead of 4.35Ghz stock) result counts!!!
Trolling outside of /b/ is against the rules. How are you not banned?

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that the Ryzen can do 188?

Of course not.

>Trolling outside of /b/ is against the rules. How are you not banned?
mods = fags without exception

something for the clueless to buy.

Still AMD is too expensive.

>Cheapest GTX 1060 6GB
Single fan $5,500 pesos, 5800 for the Gigabyte dual fan and 5900 for the Zotac dual fan.
>Cheapest RX 570
$5300 pesos.

You can compensate for a shit GPU by lowering the graphic settings.

You can't compensate for a shit CPU.

Why would anyone buy a ryzen 7 for gaming when the 6 core ryzen 5 is literally as much as any games could need? They are the same cores, and the 2600 is like half the price.

Hell it even makes more sense to buy a RX 580 at 6000 pesos than a 570.

>lowering the graphic settings
That actually makes intel processors perform significantly worse. What are you smoking?

Attached: Ryzen-Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-1440p-Ultra-Preset-MSAA-Off.png (800x600, 23K)

Because there are people that record, stream and edit videos too.

Ryzenfags won't even post single core benches on Youtube because of how embarrassingly low they are.

177 is the absolute highest it will go.

what in the name of fuck...

Attached: 1537832118559.png (518x259, 17K)

>switching the ryzen and intel fps
A new low for amdrones.

Seems pretty well receieved for a cheap panel. The mention of statix 60hz not working well is worrying though

Hey man you said Ryzen would do 188 on Cinebench but haven't posted any evidence.

It would be nice if you did, thanks.

COPE

>"s-see amd is shit, these numbers here say so h-haha"
lmao get fucked inteltard

Attached: Ryzen-Hitman-1080p-Ultra-Preset.png (800x600, 21K)

So it can't do 188? That sucks, even a 4th get i5 can do that.

Ryzen's architecture must be fucking trash.