Used for $200. Is this the best bang4yrbuck gpu buy?

Used for $200. Is this the best bang4yrbuck gpu buy?

Attached: NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980_13.jpg (1723x887, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=gtx 980&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Uh no. but then again the GPU market is kind of retarded. We have yet to see all the miners enter back into the market yet.

I think this generation of mining was by much larger player with more money, ready to keep their GPUs for years if need be.

Attached: coinersbtfo.png (828x343, 113K)

Don't ever buy a used GPU ever again, especially for a cheap price like that. The seller probably was using it to mine 24/7 for a few months and is selling it now that the crypto frenzy has died out.

Yes, if only for the CRT output.

Just get a used 1080 Ti for $500

Oh, hell yeah. A 980 is fucking solid at 1080P. If you're even asking bang for your buck questions you don't have a 1440P display, and even in VR a 980 pared with a modern CPU will get the job done at 150% SS.

I actually got a 980Ti from someone on leddit for $200. (SC ACX version)

Works well, runs hotter than my previous GPU (GTX 1050) but I just took the side cover of my case off and that helped a ton.

Don't let these dipshits scare you, OP - that's a great price/performance ratio.

I picked up a few 780 Tis a year ago - used, mind you - and they're working flawlessly. I reapplied TPM and thermal pads, confirmed the BIOS version, etc. just to be sure.

Used is almost definitely your best option at that price point.

DO NOT BUY USED GPU, FRIEN

I got a 970 for $220 in January and it works great. 430 hours in VRchat so far.

good deal

>getting a 970 ever

Attached: gefuccboi.png (1920x1080, 944K)

>falling for memes

You can just get a 1060 for $150 lol.

No, RX 480 costs the same, has 8 GB, similar performance but more future proofing.

I fell for the meme before the benchmarks came out

Just buy a used RX 580 or wait for the RX 600

You can buy a used 1060 6g for that price.

From what I remember the 980 is about as powerful as a 1060 or R9 580.
Given the choice I'd get a newer card, less power consumption, longer lifespan still, better video decoding and whatnot.

The problem with buying used electronics is you don't know how hard the person ran it. If they OC'd the fuck out of it and did 100% GPU extensive mining then it's going to be dead in another year.

>because displayport can't do that, right guys

Absolutely not. $100 more could have gotten you a 1070ti when eBay had coupons.

>bought a gtx 970
>asus strix

the design is retarded and the card itself is ridiculously heavy.

Attached: 1535740715418.jpg (600x529, 54K)

what kind of hobos waste energy on coupons

People in this thread need to calm down it's a good deal

You should always be suspicious of 'good deals'. Rarely do people or businesses aimed at profiting create 'good deals' because they're feeling kind.

They're the ones that's getting a better deal. It's up to you to figure out why.

So are all of these some kind of conspiracy
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=gtx 980&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Nope, but if they're Pre-Owned, then you've no clue what state it's in, and the owner probably won't give any information. Better not to risk it unless you are absolutely strapped for cash. Look at the seller's product ratings and hope for the best.

Literally nothing wrong with a used miner card. Miners undervolt that thing. Gamers on the other hand run their equipment out of spec for no reason all the time.

some retard on youtube recorded his 980ti's in sli having 50ms more lag on VGA output than digital. I assume he was using a bad adaptor and was a retard but do you know any thing about this?

980ti was released about a year after 980 so I assume it could use worse parts?

he was adamant he used a passive adaptor and not a converter so it wasn't that but he seemed like a awkward retard that would lie and was just shilling Zowie monitors.. but makes me wonder about 980 output as I use a 980.