Does Jow Forums like thin and light laptops at all?

I mean i think that thin and lights with or without thin bezels are really attractive.

Attached: hpspectre.png (573x430, 98K)

The best laptops are thick

How though? Can you please enlighten me user?

i think of thin and light laptops(that are attractive and stylish) like a porche or a lambo's looks. They look really fucking good and not to mention luxorious.

Attached: lambo.jpg (300x168, 8K)

enjoy your hot keyboard and shit performance

If you fuck up your laptop its hell to repair it.
Plus who cares about aesthetics where its all about performance / hardware / and Software

Like user said thinker is better, nearly all thin laptops dont have a docking system or any additional ports

Attached: 100_2504.jpg (2575x1931, 465K)

With a USB-C hub you can connect everything with just one plug. Not exactly a dock but it's the closest we have.

Dell XPS13 owner.
Thicker laptops have the following benefits:
-Far better repairability, cheaper to maintain, and because more components are modular generally last heaps longer
-Far better cooling (depending on model still but Ultrabooks and thin laptops are awful in comparison.

Battery in all my laptops have been pretty usual, build quality in ultrabooks seems a little nicer most of the time, but you're paying through the ass for it.

Thin laptops really are form over function. I don't need anything that great for what i do though so an ultrabook fits me for now.

This is true, however USB-C is a fuckin mess.

Thick have USB-C as well. most times more then thin

I've had many X1 Carbons, I fucking love them. The portability is amazing. I'm a developer and this thing meets all my needs.

>muh thermals
It's not bad on X1s, and with this form factor, I actually end up using it on my lap. I've heard the same about XPS.

Laptops should be portable unless they're workstations, in which case you have no choice.

The only real advantage thicker laptops have is that they can, CAN, allow for better cooling. Often, outside of gaymur laptops, this isn't the case. And light laptops would have better cooling if the OEMs didn't skimp on the thermal paste. Replacing the thermal paste on a XPS15 can outright prevent throttling and drop temps significantly, and at least on the older ones you could even add thermal pads between the chassis and the VRMs to further improve thermals of the system.

Blades have even better cooling, but the keyboard is absolute shit. If you need a dedicated GPU, go P1 or X1E

>and not to mention luxorious
t. poorfag who doesn't know a supercar from a luxury car

>car that low
Enjoy not being able to drive anywhere other than perfectly flat roads.

>quadro and xeon in a thin factor
oof. you pay though the ass for that. but if lenovo get the cooling good and you can write it off on tax or work expenses then may as well

I like them, but they all are 13-14 inch. I would like to see a 15,6 inch with a high res screen.

Something like the macbook but bigger.

Asus I think had a zenbook pro 3 but that was still only 14 inches and 1080p screen

Maybe someday soon

you dont buy a lambo to drive in the slums jamal

>buy
>jamal
Nice try, but I see you've still got a lot of work to do in the shitposting department.

this is true, people don't realize how uncomfortable supercars can be. Seat is just some pad velcro'd to carbon fiber.

Apparently, there is a very acceptable level of throttling. In good faith, I can't make my company go with a xeon, as ricey as they would be.

X1 Extreme is 15.6 4k

A lambo is really for nothing but a track.

>true
But for portability its practical but burnin money for the sake of portability and looks is just a meme

If you want something portable and flexible Thinkpad x220 . Old thinkpads is not just a meme there really actually practical.

Attached: Mb5X4NF.jpg (3264x2448, 817K)

>still replied
Thanks for the (You) kid.

Tend to be crapper consumer grade products.
"Thick" laptops arent that much thicker in real terms and you trade ports/repairability.
> Muh X1 series
X1 series is chinese produced crap. Only the X/T/P series by thinkpad are still designed by the ex-IBM guys in NC.

X1 Extreme

Might check that one out

i love them! i already have a high performance desktop and having a really thin and portable computer is great for office work on the go. i don't use it for anything else, though.

>burnin money for the sake of portability
portability is a huge component of productivity, it's not a waste of money

>X1 series is chinese produced crap

My gen 1 build wasn't stellar, but it survived the abuse a thinkpad is supposed to. My gen 5 is pretty nice, but apparently might catch on fire. But they've fixed that.

I can hardly wait. Sales chat says there are some new ones coming out before black friday, so I'm waiting for a price drop.

>portability is a huge component of productivity, it's not a waste of money

user did you even read my fucking my post? No shit its a huge competent. Read it again, go on i believe in you

Attached: images.jpg (242x208, 6K)

I don't have experience with the x220, so I'm not sure about the bang for the buck, all I was saying is that I can confidently tell my company the carbon was worth it.

My Dell XPS 13 is fine. Luckily I got it prior to them transitioning to all USB-C and ruining its advantage over most other thin laptops.

Attached: 22617-home-laptop-xps-13-9350-504x350.png (489x340, 151K)

It takes courage to go all USB-C, user. Think differently.

Just kidding, buy a thinkpad.

Nah, I'd rather not get a machine meant for anti-apple hipsters.

Attached: funny.gif (255x255, 1.16M)

these ultrathin computers might be worth it for highly mobile and "superbusy" people, but most of you are shutins. The fuck you need mobility for?

i was iffy about getting my xps13 because it didn't have LAN. Cheapass usb3 interfaces work well enough though.

Some of us are just socially inept but have jobs where we can work without social interaction.

Try balancing a 17" brick on your chest in beat while fapping. You'll figure it out.

Keep fucking that chicken. Who ya gonna call when you need an upgrade?

>anti-apple hipsters
is this code for people with money to buy them and desire for nice keyboards and unparalleled durability? XPS is solid, just don't understand the hate

this I need ergonomic portability.

this this this

Probably microcenter or anyone else with a good sale.

Attached: laff.gif (315x236, 1000K)

Are you planning on not needing USB-A or full size HDMI by then? Genuinely.

No need for HDMI and by then you'll all be raging that Thinkpads switched to USB-C too.

HDMI is admittedly rarely convenient, but it has saved the day.

>by then you'll all be raging that Thinkpads switched to USB-C too.
ha, I'm sure they'll remove the nub, too, right?

fucking hp gave me a shitty ips panel from au optronics with vertical banding. the green pixel is not firing at the same intensity every 3 columns.

I like them, but the fact that most are irreperable after some time sucks. I'm still using my vaio pro 13 though, had to replace the fan twice but no problems after installing dropping arch on it.

I'm not a monster. I'd never suggest something like that.

Attached: 1539081108193.png (2400x2240, 3.37M)

>attractive
>stylish
>look really fucking good
>look luxurious (nice spelling, moron)

you're correct on all counts
they are form over function in every single case, overpriced for the specs you get, often have terrible cooling / run hot because in order to make it another 1/8th inch thinner they got rid of some heatpipes, they're usually flimsy and break easily, all of them have thermal throttling, power delivery issues, and what you're PAYING for is the fact that it LOOKS nice.

obviously that matters to some people. but to Jow Forums it does not, especially when something like a used business-class notebook will easily outlast, outperform, and cost much less.

thinkpad is the obvious example, but dell or hp's business-class notebooks are quite reliable too

and if you're "gaming" on your laptop (since you posted an HP Spectre I assume you're at least thinking about it) you should know that even there, the larger laptops generally perform better (i.e. a G7 or Helios 300 would be a much better buy than a Razer Blade)

because Jow Forums is full of poor people and used thinkpads are cheap
plus the requirements of the average Jow Forums user is pretty low, like all (((we))) want is a terminal, a text editor, and the ability to watch youtube videos.

they're a meme.

t. bought a yoga 920 and it's shit for anything other than browsing Jow Forums

I like shit that does its job fast. Everything else i dont give a fuck. It might be huge, weight a ton and look like shit