What do you think about hardware authenticators?

What do you think about hardware authenticators?

Which ones can you recommend and how are you using yours?

Attached: IMG_0664.jpg (1200x900, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

passwordstore.org/)
tedunangst.com/flak/post/using-yubikeys-everywhere
tomu.im/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tell us

Not OP

I want one that I can hook up to my phone's port that keeps it unlocked. I don't think they make one though.

I use a Yubikey NEO (one on the left in OP pic). Shit's cash. It works flawlessly on sites that actually support it for U2F authentication but otherwise I use it for GPG/SSH two-factor authentication, where my private keys are stored on the Yubikey itself. I keep all my passwords secured with Pass (passwordstore.org/) and this requires my Yubikey to access them. I chose the NEO variant of the Yubikey specifically because it supports NFC, and so I can do all this same shit on my phone for remotely managing my homeserver and VPS as well as access my passwords while away from home.

Sorry I'm retarded. Meant to say the Yubikey NEO is the one on the right.

Here is an article from an OpenBSD dev about using Yubikeys in all his devices.

tedunangst.com/flak/post/using-yubikeys-everywhere

Google Titan

>What do you think about hardware authenticators?
botnet. yubikey is not opensource. your data send to chinese spy servers.

the capacitive """button""" on the yubikey sucks dick. it never senses being pushed the first try and if your thumb is anywhere near it when you plug it in you have to wait five seconds or so for it to recalibrate itself.

>introducing another point of failure
as long as you keep paying the kikes, OP

>50$ for a glorified USB key.

Yeah no thanks.

Do you even know what a Yubikey is? retard

Hi.

Attached: 2001484147.jpg (804x683, 63K)

A free and open source program (password manager) is enough, you don't need to buy snake oil that's unsupported in most apps.

They're from Sweden, not from Israel you moron.

I might go balls deep and just go all in with Google.

Attached: FB5AC57C-F690-4DAD-9286-DACB6B324750.jpg (1242x1506, 206K)

I got myself a tobi. Yubikey is not open-source.
The disadvantage with tobi is that it can't connect to a phone, but you can just stick it into one of those tiny USB to micro USB adapters and hang on your keychain.

I literally ordered one of each based on your review just then

Care to link to the tobi page? Only finding results for women's clothing...

Maybe that's because I'm fucking retarded and completely misremembered what it's called, like holy shit. It's actually tomu: tomu.im/