RTX 2070 Review before NDA

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

hardocp.com/article/2018/10/14/msi_geforce_rtx_2070_gaming_z_performance_review/1

wccftech.com/worlds-first-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-review-leaked/

Attached: Screenshot_20181015-085629.jpg (1078x862, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/paulhardware/status/1007257920675823616
twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1007262894051004419
amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=computers&field-keywords=gtx 1080 ti
nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/buy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who cares about all of these high end graphics cards if the only games that take advantage of them are absolutely retarded garbage like battlefield one

this is terrible
1070 had performance of titan or 980 ti
2070 is barely beating non-ti 1080
guess I'll stick to OC'd 1070

>less than 10% over 1080
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
How will Jensen buy a new leather jacket?

>"HardOCP has an exclusive for you today. Since we have not signed NVIDIA's recent NDA, we are not being sourced RTX review cards by NVIDIA or its AIBs. We were however able to source a retail sample from overseas. The official embargo for the RTX 2070 expires Tuesday at 8am CDT

based and redpilled

>Expecting serious performance gains without a proper die shrink

then why are you shilling a literal shit?

>He thinks I am the OP
>He thinks I am defending Nvidia's Jewery

>barely above 1080
>$499
Is this a fucking joke?

Seems like the best thing to do is wait for the 1080ti to come down in price, I think raytracing in this form has about as much value as physx did when it was introduced years ago (read: not a whole lot)

>get cucked by Nvidia and board partners
>now shit on the rest of the review community who are on NDA

Kyle has fallen into really hard times

Kyle Bennett the AYYMD asslicker pretty much is hated by everyone these days, including other reviewers

You should see how pathetic he is, attacking Youtubers on Twitter

which ones does he attack?

Linus, Paul, Jayztwocents etc

Proofs?

Those are big techtubers, if they're attacked we'd know by now

>attacking Youtubers on Twitter
Good. Tech youtubers are shit and deserve attacks.

>Linus, Paul, Jayztwocents etc
All people who deserve attacks.
Doing God's work, that man. Thanks for the info.

It's $600, actually. The announced MSRP are fake and you can't buy the FE or any other card at that.
They did the same exact thing with Pascal launch, yet no one seems to remember somehow.

twitter.com/paulhardware/status/1007257920675823616

I'm lazy to find the rest, but there's one example

twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1007262894051004419

Oh yeah, Kyle the AYYMD asslicker also attacked Tech Jesus

Based Paul shredding AMDOCP

context?

I wanted to get a 1080 in the next month cause my R9 380x is going to have a hard time with gaymes like Metro or MHW, but judging from those tests I may look into the 2070.

>We were however able to source a retail sample from overseas
but it isn't released anywhere, isn't that illegal?

less cuda cores, so is it the gddr6 > gddr5x and higher clockspeeds??

You could by 1080ti at good deal with its price and it's to weak to do anything rtx anyway, what is the fucking point?

Good.

Someone needs to throw a wrench in the le techtuber cabal sometime.

I live in fear of getting a mining meme card that dies after a year

>AYYMD asslicker
Wait what. Wasn't he the one who was targeted by adored because he was completely unfairly trashing something amd without undisclosing being paid by intel or something?

>£569 for a 10% marginal increase over a 1080.
>Will be useless at running raytracing in the very 'few' supported titles because it is too slow.
>DLSS is hardly supported either.
>You can buy a 1080 Ti for as little as £400 used and £608 new.
amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=computers&field-keywords=gtx 1080 ti
The absolute state of Nvidya.

>£569 for a 'mid' range GPU
nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/buy/
kek

Both are AYYMD asslickers

Adored the extreme biased AYYMD asslicker shill on Swedish cuck welfare

Is Vega 64 cheaper? It's not that far behind the others.

>this is terrible
What about AyyMD?
Woops, that's right, their GPUs are garbage

It really depends, but the price for both 56 and 64 have been coming down significantly since mining started dying down. Still if you're in that $400+ price range you should either save up for a 1080ti or wait for 7nm Vega.

Truth hurts.
>B-BUH IT'S FASTER THAN AYYMD!
At that price. Who cares.
>WHAT ARE YOU POOR?
No. I just prefer to be frugal with my money and spend it on things that have intrinsic value to me.

Attached: (7)_Nvidia_Turing_-_Overdue_and_Overpriced_-_YouTube_-_2018-10-15_05.12.37.png (1276x304, 234K)

No one cares about your AYYMDPOORFAGness

Go be poor somewhere else

>He equates being frugal to being poor.
>He thinks rich fags spend shitloads of money on shit without looking at their bank balance (well some do but they are stupid celebs and not canny business people mostly).
>He cares (shills) about a brand that are absolutely trying to rip off consumers.

There is no ripoff

Turing is the fastest GPU in the world

Again, go be poor somewhere else, AYYMDPOORFAG

>RTX 2080 Ti = GTX 2080
>RTX 2080 = GTX 2070
>RTX 2070 = GTX 2060
The RTX 2080 Ti is a 'Ti' in name only. It's not even the full package.

So it's 5% faster than my 1080 and 100 dollars more? wow thanks nvidia

Well according to the review it's 7-8% faster but let's not beat about the bush here. It's a fucking scam. There will be no price drops on Pascal either. Nividia are not making anymore Pascal GPU's. They will sell at above launch price until they sell out. Then consumers are fucked unless AMD come up with something competitive (Oh! Look at that flying pig!).

Can we recreate that scene from Ivanhoe but with Jensen?

Gayming for GPU is not a first priority anymore when you can make x10 the profits in AI meme so all we got is a shitty product by raw performance with computing shit slapped on top of it.

>gives it an editors choice gold award
What did he mean by this?

>unless AMD come up with something competitive
>AMD coming up with a competitive GPU
We're fucked

Welcome to the future we chose.

>10% faster than 1080
>$200 more

OH NONONONO

Will be interesting to see OC benchmarks.

Will the gap widen or shrink vs a 1080?

It is overclocked though. This is an overclocked partner card.

A fucking side grade.

And they want to charge extra $200 for that shit.

Now I'm really curious, what did AMD do to fuck up the vega GPUs so badly?

>330% higher FP64
>~70% higher FP32
>~70% higher FP16
>~80% more TMUs
>~15% slower than gtx 2070

Attached: Comb15102018010134.jpg (1385x1119, 173K)

Amiens is an anagram of animes

problem is they decided to make VEGA on the GCN and tried to substitute a new architecture with brute force

Adding to this: why DID IT outperform the gtx 1070 in most games?

Attached: Slide1.png (1282x1768, 91K)

1080 Ti is not the full package either, 2080 Ti is absolutely no different in that regard.

Different architecture

Why did it outperform the 1070 and 1080ti so much in dirt 4 though?

Attached: Dirt_1080p (1).png (1295x1392, 45K)

optimization and the devs actually putting time and efford into the advantages of vega, dirt has always been a team RED title

Wasn't that the game that had some driver issue which NVIDIA fixed later? I never played it but I think I remember reading about something like that.

How did consumers choice have anything to do with AMD being ridiculously mismanaged for over a decade and thus not having the resources to properly compete.

AMD has plenty of better products that Nvdia but everyone still went nvidia, welp we reap what we sow, god bless the monopoly

Not for CPUs. Their ryzens can't hit above 4.2GHz 90% of the time for shit but man does that rape intel's only redeeming processor.

Attached: 1534326485713.png (1824x1026, 431K)

only you buddy

They had the money but after the 5xxx did poorly despite destroying the competition at every metric they shifted most of their R&D to console and mobile chips. Which was probably the only thing that kept AMD alive through bulldozer.

Not really, in terms of raw throughput it wipes the floor with nvidia though through driver or other problems that performance was largely untapped.

t. buttcoin miner

More sales of their GPUs wouldn't have come even close to compensating for their various fuckups over the years. Consumers would have effectively been throwing their money away.

Turing was designed for modern rendering techniques, you'll see more of this in the future

Anyone that buys 2 year old outdated Pascal will have severe buyer's remorse soon.

Attached: 100904.png (600x250, 28K)

parallel instructions = amd win
serial instruction = nvidia win

Also the reason why Intel/Nvidia win in traditional games, where AMD/AMD see win in newer parallel games

You are thinking of Forza Motorsport 4 or Project Cars (can't remember which one myself).

New Volta-derived CUDA cores have async compute support and proper DX12/Vulkan support, finally after 10 years.

Vega56 is A LOT cheaper and can be BIOS flashed and/or undervolted and overclocked to match Vega64. It's the only real option for a mid-high end GPU right now.

>parallel instructions = amd win
That advantage is gone now with Volta/Turing. Turing is as good (if not better) in nearly all the areas that were GCN's strengths.

costs a few kidneys too

The 20 series is a terrible purchase indeed but the hardware itself is super slick.

holy shit, that shortage was much worse than I thought. I thought it was only gonna be a thing for eurocucks.

Nvidia makes GPUs that are good at specific technologies used in the current generation games. AMD makes GPUs that are good at compute in general. The end result is that per gigaflop, Nvidia is better at games (at the time of release).

>That 1080 Performance
I'm impressed it can almost hit 60 at 4k considering the founder edition 1080's cooler is so bad it might as well not have one.

>Nvidia makes GPUs that are good at specific technologies used in the current generation games.

In the past maybe, certainly not the case for Turing, that shit's packed full of forward thinking features.

This is true, but the price doesn't justify it.

AMD has slept on their async compute since GCN's introduction. I hope they improve it with Navi.
Nvidia's Async compute is as much better than AMD's now as AMD's SMT is superior to Intel's HT.

Difference is that AMD never charged extra for those forward-looking features.
Look at HDR performance. AMD ran it well before the monitors were common. Among tons of extra technology which Polaris and earlier had which Pascal didn't and Turing has only now added.
AMD was giving all of that for free. Free "future proofing". Turing is charging over a +50% premium.

Nothing will justify the horrible price these are selling at, it's that way because they lack competition.

They don't lack competition. Vega64 is like $450 at times and within 90% or so of the $600 2070. Within 10% is close enough to compete. They price it that high anyway.

You can't sya
>b-but muh ray tracing!
when the 2070 is too weak to actually power any noticeably high fidelity ray tracing in games.
Even on the 2080Ti, the ray tracing was REALLY noisy and distractingly bad. No fucking way I'd play with that shit on. I'm not paying MORE MONEY FOR MORE ARTIFACTS. I paid more money to play at a high resolution to REDUCE ARTIFACTS.

Well these vaporware technologies that wont be fully realized for years are common from Nvidia when AMD has a rut in the competition. This happened before with Gameworks and PhysX

The pricing difference is entirely because of the state of the competition in both cases. Nvidia charges more (a lot more) right now because their product's overall performance surplus and AMD couldn't charge more then, because of their product's overall performance deficiency. Trust me AMD would have charged more if they could but they haven't been able to do that for a very long time.

1080 Ti, 2080 and 2080 Ti are still in a league entirely of their own.

>Vega64 is like $450 at times
At times, but not always. Not even most of the time I would think.

Attached: Capture.png (866x1086, 99K)

>ray tracing
more like gay tracing

Attached: DefiantMemorableKakapo.webm (1280x720, 842K)

>when the 2070 is too weak to actually power any noticeably high fidelity ray tracing in games.
Apparently Enlisted with RT GI runs at 4k/90FPS on the 2080 ti, so it should be more than playable on a 2070 at 1440p or 1080p.

They said their GI works even without RTX, though RTX can improve it. I'm not sure you can take that as a baseline when other devs are "targeting" 60FPS at 1080p.

lol

more like 30fps at 1080p with 3spp. You could get 60fps with 1 spp but god does that look absolutely awful.

All DXR or Vulkan RT implentations can work without RTX if they have a fallback layer, RTX improving performance is the point.

A month ago Dice already had BFV with full resolution RT reflections running at 40-50 FPS at what was effectively 1440p on a 2080 ti and this was without the RT cores running asynchronously or using the tensor cores for denoising, not to mention a 30% performance improving tweak that the game will include at launch.

So far none of the games implementing DXR have utilized the tensor cores for denoising so there's a boatload of performance gain still to be had.

The Metro Exodus guys already have their 3spp GI working at ~60FPS and they indicated they have a lot more performance improvement from optimization still to come.

They don't render the whole scene and use hacks to make some things appear somewhat ray graced. wow.

Nvidia doesn't have jurisdtriction since Kyle from HardOCP didn't sign the "Nvidia NDA" (a blanket NDA agreement that covers everything Nvidia is working on, so there are no longer specific product series NDA agreements, just one big continious)

What are you talking about?

Look at the demos, someone pointed out baked global illumination that has been used since crysis. The demo saw shots like pic related.

Attached: 33lcdfl_HDR.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Except that's not what they're doing in Metro Exodus, unless you think the developers are lying.

>Linus
the biggest corporate shill on youtube.
>Paul
an insufferable fag.
>Jayztwocents
no idea.

>jayztwocents
Massive EVGA shill

Dipshit gamers who live for marginal improvements and colorful comparison graphs.