Alternative to the GMail Botnet

>Try to sign in on Youtube account while traveling
>Can't recognize hardware - answer *security question you never created*
>Give it the password
>Sorry, can't tell this is you, where can we send a verify code?
>*give alt email*
>enter code
>Sorry, person with password, we can't tell this is you. Should have uploaded your phone no. to the botnet like we asked : ^)

Are there any remaining decent e-mail clients that will let me access my mail without contributing my personal info to the hacker honeypot?

Attached: gmail-2-step-verification.jpg (650x400, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

startmail.com/en/
posteo.de/en/
github.com/ProtonMail/WebClient
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>talking about gmail service
>e-mail clients

Thanks for the bump.
Surely there's a good e-mail *whatever* out there?

this
to answer your question, use gmx
alternatively, if you're feeling ambitious, find an el cheapo, $2/mo VPS on lowendbox and host your own email server

Attached: 1537372175654.jpg (505x640, 33K)

cock.li

he said without adding it to the hacker honeypot

>access my mail without contributing my personal info to the hacker honeypot
>gmx

Jesus.

Yes, OP, there are. But most of them cost like 1$ per month or something.

Also try to keep it out of whatever jurisdiction you're in.

e.g.
startmail.com/en/
posteo.de/en/

Jesus what? I gave them fake personal info when I registered. Never needed to give them my phone number. What are you implying?

I think the only way around GMail's Pajeetscript recovery option is to give it an alt email and your own legit security questions. Log in to your home PC from your home IP and set that shit up.

Welcome to the age of infinite cat and mouse, where they ask you to give up one piece of info that hackers inevitably steal so they can ask for yet another piece of info from you.

they're scanning your mails and can infer your identity from the content

Protonmail

I use Yandex with my personal domain name. It keeps it out of US jurisdiction, and it is free to setup with your own domain.

source or it didnt happen

Pretty much anything that isn't Gmail/Outlook/Hotmail/Yahoo works normally and won't harass you for logging in from a different PC.

Oh and, without going into specific recommendations, look for anything that has only a standard Roundcube (or whatever) webUI and IMAP.
Alternatively, there's Protonmail and Tutanota, which have their own software and they might be OK too (certainly Tutanota, not sure about Protonmail).

Install Tutanota.

Gmx? It's their business model. It's in the TOS.

Zoho

For protonmail github.com/ProtonMail/WebClient not sure if the desktop bridge is FOSS or not but the bridge is the only way to get imap support

protonmail.ch

The majority of Jow Forums still uses gmail
Also, using anything else makes you a target.

You're already a target by posting on Jow Forums.

Run your own email server. Can't afford it? Then you are poorfag that will have to put up with google and like. Running your own email server on your own domain is the only Jow Forums approved email.

why not just host your own email on shared hosting or a vps? you're literally half way there.

Either go with your own email server on your own domain name
or
Use thunderbird with gmail

ProtonMail.ch is in Switzerland (no US or EU) and open source.
Tutanota.com is in Germany (but they promise your stuff can't be read by Angela Merkel).
Or host your own shit. But you need to do it right, which isn't trivial, otherwise you should just publish your e-mails on Facebook.

Cock.li had its registrations closed for like 2 months now, I think.