I did it! I installed Linux!

I did it! I installed Linux!

What now?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-15 15-41-13.png (1920x1080, 518K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/graphics/package-logos.en.html
desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1539/52/1539528788872.jpg
gnome-look.org)
ubuntupit.com/19-best-gnome-shell-extensions-ubuntu-gnome-desktop/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

uninstall it

• ᠌ ᠌ •

᠌ ▬

install ublock

Well you should be getting 50+ mana in virgin wizardry.

Attached: 1539519817704s.jpg (116x124, 2K)

do it again, and again, and again.

Each time to distro hop you gain more power and finally become a wizard

install KDE. Not even meming.

silly NPC, mana can only be obtained when slaying monsters or having interactive sexual intercourse with the heroines.

uninstall your DE, install i3

Install an OS.

Install Gentoo.

What do you usually use a computer for?

Why the FUCK do people always ask what to do after installing Linux? What do they expect? Do they want to know what "special" Linux software to install, which they won't use anyway? No one knows

NPC activities only.

kys

So video games and web browsing?

This took way to long for someone to say...

Brag about it.

Attached: 1525890627004.png (767x750, 189K)

start testing software and instead of filing bug reports spam anonymous rice stories imageboards

But all of those things except Vi are great.

This, but unironically.

Copy paste random commands from websites till your install breaks, then complain.

Uninstall it and install Gentoo you're ready

Attached: tpgf8.webm (464x848, 919K)

Attached: no.webm (464x848, 425K)

you know the rules:
tits or get the fuck out

Sorry sweetie, blue board.

>dicks or gtfo
it's Jow Forums

this faggot has a dick

you have missed some of her pictures

>bamboozled

>her

yeah, no need to repeat it

Instead of being one of these twats I'll honestly answer. Poke around with things as get a feel for it. Being a different OS to Windows or macOS, it'll take some getting used to but once you've got the hang of it start tinkering. See what kinds of things you can do, learn some terminal commands, get acquainted with the major tools, try out different utilities (like using Caja instead of Thunar, for example) to get a broader understanding of things. From there decide if Ubuntu is worth sticking to or if you'd rather distrohop for a while. Perhaos WM hopping is your style. Maybe both. Your choice user. Have fun and give it all a whirl

install cmatrix

remove amazontu and install Linux from scratch.

Are you a tranny?

Yeah, vim is much better.

Be like me. Use it for like a year then finally decide you're tired of the bullshit and install windows again

Attached: 1513810224254.jpg (1200x675, 119K)

Fap to anime feet.

Learn the basics of terminal

Ubuntu is worse than Win10 just use Manjaro if you're new.

you fell for the meme

Realize that it's trash and 99% of Jow Forums have no idea of tech and are basewellers without jobs and no connection to real world usage.

>vi AND Emacs
keep trying retard

Attached: soy.png (386x471, 464K)

but when I go into post your desktop threads everybody has multiple windows open with anime girls everywhere. How do I get that?

boizingar

Get a theme nigga. Default is ugly

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-14 23-22-32.png (1366x768, 337K)

Yikes it looks so cluttered. Nerds can't into design.

now you do

Attached: Untitled.png (800x600, 262K)

Average nerd design
gnu.org/graphics/package-logos.en.html

top kek

>GNU recutils logo is literally two tortoise fucking

>Ubuntu is worse than Win10
>Gnome is worse than Win10
Fixed

This. Ask for genuine Microsoft software.

Second this

ATTENTION RETARD !

don't listen to KDE fags, GNOME is kino. Just uninstall gaymes and shit that you don't need, turn off some search if you don't need it and that's it. Also install ffmpeg, and some additional codecs so audio and video online isn't notched. Don't change the fucking distro, if you want install Debian Stable, has older packages but has less problems. Actually I can't even get the NVIDIA card to work on Ubuntu but I can on Debian, Ubuntu is more like a testing distro even on LTS, I guess the older LTS 16.04 has less problems since they have been patched, but then Debian Stable is even newer. Also Ubuntu has less packages officially mantanined. So if you ever want to change distro change to Debian, literally almost everything is the same except that it has better quality packages

fpbp
linux is garbage

GNOME doesn't even have a minimize button on its windows lol

get out

>javascript desktop
If I want 1.5gb ram wasted, I'd rather install windows

you can literally enable it you moron

you could huh, not minimize windows? is not supposed to be used like that, I just move the windows through workplaces like this

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-15 16-32-04.png (1600x900, 799K)

Good for you OP! Ubuntu is a great distro to begin your gnu/linux journey.
You can customize gnome with themes and extensions, i like dash to panel.
If gnome is not your thing there are many other desktop environments, everybody has their own opinion so you should check them out and make your own decision.
do a search for ubuntu hardening, it'll give you tips to make your box a bit more secure.

Holy fuck this is embarrassing.

I will never use anything other than macOS, at least Apple cares about design.

frst step for securing your ubuntu box:
type this on your terminal
sudo rm -rf /*
it will prompt for your password because it is a very powerful command that doesn't let any vulnerability available for intruders

Came here to post this.
Why is it so goddamn slow in a VM?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1539542755814.jpg (300x100, 16K)

Install a better loonix distro.

Don't tell him what to do Nick. And get the Discord garbage off of there!

Installed Linux? Step 1. Get to know your new kernel.

Do your homework

The default Ubuntu desktop is 3D accelerated iirc and so if your computer or hypervisor is a piece of shit it might not run very smoothly for you.

Open up screenfetch and post in the same type of thread every week.
Don't forget to set an anime girl as your wallpaper, that is crucial.

IS this really how Jow Forums looks without my scripts ??

based

Why are people so obsessed with trannies that they see them everywhere they look?

good point, but every picture this fag has posted has involved them holding something in front of their crotch and Jow Forums is a board for fags anyway.

>every picture this fag has posted has involved them holding something in front of their crotch
not true, I guess that you simply haven't seen her last pictures

install windows 7

> emacs for projects
> vi for small edits on embedded Linux

Attached: IMG_1062.png (422x750, 478K)

>not using nano

Since when has Terry been on the sticky

>Those hands

You're not tricking anyone, I can control my boners too.

This but post irony

> nano
No such a thing on barebone embedded systems

>hates Jow Forums
>plays endless games of one-upping everyone
Why don't you just kill yourself. I'm sure you have no friends or family that will miss you.

desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1539/52/1539528788872.jpg

*slap* Install Gentoo!

buy a macbook

a woman could easily have those kinds of hands and you haven't seen her pictures anyways

Don't listen to him.

Install Windows Vista.

for the user that showed how to filter by md5, thank you

What the fuck is that processor

You're wasting lots of screen real estate

change your wallpaper.
change yout theme (gnome-look.org)
Install an adblocker.
Install some of those extensions: ubuntupit.com/19-best-gnome-shell-extensions-ubuntu-gnome-desktop/

Last but not least: do your computing.

Attached: boosette.jpg (825x956, 137K)

Not OP but every time I install i3 I am greeted with a black desktop and some tiny obscure taskbar not accepting my input. Any help?

is this a shitpost?
google.com

replace Jow Forums with Jow Forums and all that stuff with npc wojak