Fuck HP

Seriously fucking this absolute piece of shit company, pic related I bought less than a year ago which is an HP Envy 15 inch with a ryzen CPU 10 months for $650. A month ago, I noticed that the top case was bulging out and so you know it the hinge misaligned and I can't even open the laptop anymore, I thought this was a defect so I decided to call HP for warranty. The phone told me on the phone that I can take it to the Geek Squad for warranty repair and they can resolve the issue. I made an appointment took about a week until Sunday which I went to my local Best Buy and they say and I had to pay out of my pocket because of his physical customer damage and not a defect. I thought these motherfuckers were scamming and decided to send it in. I get the box sitting in for warranty repair and then called today wondering where the hell is my laptop because today I thought they're going to send to me.

Nope, another pajeet told me on the phone that I had to pay $630 to repair it because there is damage the top and LCD panel and the LCD panel cost $400. They wouldn't even fix the hinge until I pay for those repairs. Seriously a month with dealing with assholes and just to tell me that they couldn't even fix one bloody hinge in which they designed without cost. Jesus Christ Moral of story just buy yourself a fucking ThinkPad and never buy garbage that's follows the MacBook design

Attached: downloadfile-43.jpg (1000x646, 35K)

i agree fuck hp

HP is known to be a shit company.

HP is lost to everyone. Is it still run by a crazy woman?

Attached: 15396743840671890398556.jpg (3264x2448, 2.99M)

That's what you get for buying consumer shit and not something from the business line with on-site warranty

>buys consumer tier laptop
>it's an unreliable product
>be surprised
My company provides hp laptops, except they're the professional line and cost $2500 a piece. I saw one of them fall on concrete, some plastic came off but it still worked perfectly. It's pretty much thinkpad tier.
I have no love for hp but when you buy an consumer ""ultrabook""" for 600 bucks don't be surprised when it's a piece of shit

>buying anything hp
even their server shit is going down. this mistake is your own fault

>Implying company CEOs arent figureheads put in place to collect paychecks and appease shareholders

Err I mean, GIRLS REEEEEEEEEEEE

Bought a HP Pavilion really cheap on sale. Pretty happy with it for the time being, really hope it'll last long enough.

this, i bought an asus and have had to send it back to the company 4 times within a span of 2 months after purchase. first time b/c the trackpad stopped working, then 3 times for the same problem, the laptop not recognizing the charger. THREE TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM. each time they say they will replace the whole thing, and each time they lie. i'm only buying thinkpads in the future. never buy a consumer-tier laptop under any circumstances.

Only things worth buying from HP are business class machines and servers which are built well because companies won't stand for their usual crap, and $200 shitboxes you get to minimize risk when traveling with them.

This is why I do my own in-house repairs. If a component board or hinge dies, buy a new hinge and ship it. It's easily 35% the cost if you do it yourself.

those are the most notorious to shit the bed, just check YouTube

Is there any brand whose lower end ($500-ish) laptops aren't shit? My 6yo lenovo is decent, but lately they seem pretty bad too with some stuff...

>Buying consumer line notebooks
Should have bought an Elitebook, comes with business support.

Everyone and their dog were already warning you about HP sucking absolute dog dicks on the consumer side, this is on you. The business line is orders of magnitude better, but still far from praiseworthy.

Ironically enough, the latest batch of Elitebooks we got at the office had one machine with fucked hinges, you could clearly tell the display was canted over to one side. All I had to do was fill out the service ticket and answer a single phone call, the repair lad just came over and reassembled the hinges with no bullshit.

No. Either buy used, suck it up and save for a higher end unit, or suffer the consequences.

>should've bought something >2x as expensive
Huh, why hadn't I thought about that before?

Attached: TFW_you_create_a_new_market.jpg (750x480, 35K)

Your first time?
Don't forget Acer too

What's up with proliant? I've seen my fair share of dl180-560 gen5-9 and they all worked fine decades after release. Is there an issue with new HPE shit or a different line?

Frenly reminder

Attached: Screenshot_20181015-154052.png (720x1280, 158K)

>not going out of your way to find great deals

Bought my 8th Gen i7 hp elitebook for $650 with three years of warranty

>Ironically enough, the latest batch of Elitebooks we got at the office had one machine with fucked hinges, you could clearly tell the display was canted over to one side. All I had to do was fill out the service ticket and answer a single phone call, the repair lad just came over and reassembled the hinges with no bullshit.
HP's pro customer service is all local last I checked.

Actually I think their paid warranty customer service is local now too.

Also, don't buy from best buy, it is the worst buy

>he actually bought one of those flimsy piseces of shit and expected it to last
lol

All consumer laptops have shit support unless you pay for the premium on site support, in which case Lenovo's is still awful according to literally everyone who's bought a non-thinkpad. The reason why the MUH THINKPAD GUD meme exists is because Thinkpads are a business class line and have business/pro class support, which will be mildly better at the least even for the included warranty. All pro level paid support is good from what I know, because they all offer on-site repair, so they need a local customer support line (or sometimes in SEA with some really good english-speaking SEAmonkeys) and local authorized technicians.

Next time I would just get a business class machine, or try HP's paid premium warranty, because it's one of the cheaper warranties with on-site service I think, but don't quote me on that. When I had to talk to one of the customer support guy it was some retard in Idaho or some shit. But it wasn't for repairs so I can't vouch for their repair service.

I bought a dell laptop off ebay a few years ago and it had a sticker on the bottom that I used to get a new lid for free
Pretty good

My only big complaints about their new 840 series are that the screen is still a shitty TN one and that their uefi and other firmware implementation is fucking buggy

To be clear, even the paid consumer warranty is different from the paid business/pro warranty. Just be aware that companies in general treat these two branches differently for anything life. So you probably won't get the same quality of service from consumer facing customer support no matter what you do.

Good thread. I screenshotted this and sent it to a friend who recently got a laptop from best buy, after hours of me explaining why ThinkPads are better and why not to buy from best buy.

You're a GPUlet

Yeah I had similar problems where my HP laptop's hinges shit themselves. I did a bit of research and apparently HPs are known for having crappy hinges that break after a year or two of use and after opening them the 5000th time.

Get a thinkpad or somethin.

I'm not gonna buy shit products because some company supports projects I like.

I'm gonna buy good products over other good products because company supports projects I like.

HP makes shit products, and this is just a fact.

>HP makes shit products, and this is just a fact.
As opposed to who? Have you ever used a Yoga 900? If you put it to sleep and woke it up it would occasionally result in a black screen. A very widespread but unfixed issue that Lenovo largely ignored. The Yoga 720 with the 4k screen had a polarizer that would physically fall off the panel and create a black bar across the top of the screen. They never even tried to fix it afaik, they just claimed it was less likely to happen at some point but even people with newly produced machines eventually got the issue. Dell, I don't even have to mention. Their entire inspiron series has been atrocious despite the aluminum meme and even their XPS laptops have had serious problems they refuse to fix, like the XPS15's famous throttling problem that they just straight up ignored despite having the opportunity to fix it for the 2018 model.

Comparing consumer machines to business machines is retarded.

I'm not going as far as saying that others are ideal, I'm just saying that others are better.

But from my experience, whenever I have to buy something I'm avoiding hp. I just had only problems with their products. Maybe your experience is different.

I'm just saying, don't count out the entire brand because of their consumer laptops. Their business and workstations can be nice, though HP doesn't update their elitebooks as frequently as Lenovo does with thinkpads. In my experience everyone makes shitty consumer laptops and has shitty support.

What a loser just get a Macbook. I had mine for 8 years and no problems. Use it almost 24/7.

Gpus are better in desktops. No need for power waste in a laptop that I only need for programming in school.

Attached: 20181013_162921.jpg (5312x2988, 2.4M)

Why don't you buy from Best Buy?

I mean, something small like a cable, usb, or even a hard drive is whatever. But laptops must have some kind of best buy software on it, I know a lot of people whose laptops slow down in around a year, they break, and they end up depending on the geek squad to do really easy things

That happens to most laptops tho. I usually buy them at Best buy because returning the laptop is so easy I usually try 3 different laptops for 3 weeks before making my decision. This time I tried 5 and returned all of them. I don't know why but currently most laptops are ass.

>What a loser just get a Macbook. I had mine for 8 years and no problems. Use it almost 24/7

>Implying I would buy a shitty glue on aluminum crap while I can buy up ThinkPad P1 with MacOS Mojave installed

Attached: 1539608519786.gif (320x310, 2.36M)

Also bought one in 2010. Still runs great but a bit slow with latest OS.

Hey man if that floats your boat that's cool. I am just trying to help OP get something that will last him for a while.
Yeah, I want to get a new Laptop but holy shit is it hard. I wanted to get be part of the touchscreen meme but I just can't find a Laptop that will last me as long that is not a Macbook pro.

What I'm reading:

>OP is a faggot
>Bought a PoS Laptop from Best Buy
>Broke it
>Tried to make the manufacturer fix it under warranty even though he broke it with his tard strength
>is mad that the manufacturer won't fix his laptop the way he wants, after breaking it with his tard strength

Maybe don't use your tard strength on electronics, and you won't be having problems?

Far as I'm concerned, you got what you deserved.
Also, fuck HP Consumer Side.