Would it be possible to take a 4G router and install it into a car using the cars battery for power?

Would it be possible to take a 4G router and install it into a car using the cars battery for power?

Attached: AFF2FD05-5148-46B6-A714-E1A9B7F5CA28.jpg (650x650, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/products/9SIA5DR6M28701
aliexpress.com/item/1488/32909440481.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes you can buy these things

Attached: Car-charger-USB-12V-Iceland.jpg (857x643, 53K)

You dont even need that, just hook up a cig jack to the correct jack and transformer and done. Find one that uses 5v or 12v barrel (or easier, usb!)

>inverter
Fuck no, that router doesn't need AC power, it will have an external PSU anyhow. Get a DC-DC switched-mode converter that provides the right voltage and solder the correct jack on it. Inverters are useless for everything except old tech, kitchen appliances, and power tools.

Ok I’m in UK will that make a difference cause we use higher voltages?

Just use a phone.

Yup, some cars have them built in now.

I want a router box that my phone and my friends phones can connect to.
Using the hotspot on a phone will drain battery fast.

They should make one for your area, just make sure you aren't pulling too many watts so that your car's wires don't glow red hot

>transformer
u wot

Plug your phone into the cigarette lighter

That’ll burn out my battery cycles

Do you already have the router? What voltage does it run at?

Oh and might be better than Jow Forums

Yes. A transformer. Like what you use to convert 12V car power to 5V or whatever this box needs. A decent USB car charger is exactly what's needed if it's 5V.

transformers only work on AC

tell your friends to pay for their own data

>That’ll burn out my battery cycles
what do you mean? isn't cycling bad for batteries?
batteries like to be charged

m.newegg.com/products/9SIA5DR6M28701

Got you senpai.

>fucking $100
you are not listening to the man. Its highly probable your 4g router uses a wall wart transformer to step down UK mains voltage (230-240v, not that it matters a fuck, same wallwarts can also use 110v) to *whatever DC voltage* your 4g router ACTUALLY USES, usually 9v or so. Some devices may have a built in transforemer, in which case, forget it.

Now, your car uses/supplies 12v - you only want to change 12v to 9v, this is straighforward, AMZ 12 to 9v car adapter, you good. Using an inverter to change 12v DC (auto) to 230v AC (mains) to plug in your 4g router wallwart that then converts that back to 9v, its ludicrous, expensive (inverter be $30, GOOD inverter x10 that) and unnecessary, 12v to 9v converter be maybe $10 on a bad day. Check the back of your router or power supply, will state needed voltage. If internal power supply, ie, uses mains cable direct, be easiest getting another router IMO

>transformer
They aren't transformers, they're switched-mode flyback converters. Transformer refers to a coupled inductor that has AC as its input and output.

>$100
what the fuck
the same shit is $40 on ali, based /csg/

>they're switched-mode flyback converters
they're fucking trafos,now fuck up you pedantic fuck

These $40 things look pretty good. Ask /csg/ if anyone has used one/if they recommend any. The one I'm looking at aliexpress.com/item/1488/32909440481.html runs off USB, so just get a simple 12V-5V buck converter, wire it into the overhead interior lights, and solder/plug the converter into the router. In the ceiling of the car should give pretty good reception, since it's central to all seats and has a metal reflector on the other side. Antenna direction shouldn't make too much of a difference, but it might need some fine tuning or even to be pierced through the fabric layer directly downwards. If this is the case then hooking it up lower down between the front seats might be a better option.

>Ask /csg/ if anyone has used one/if they recommend any
no you ask them
i'm busy watching anime
:^)

Thank you user, very cool!

Attached: 1495CC0A-A6E0-4C76-AB74-C6FC9652766D.png (604x516, 88K)