Chocolatey

What do you think of it, user?

I reinstalled windows and gave it a try and it's fucking great! All my software were there!

Attached: icon_slogan.png (1200x700, 44K)

bump

>windows

it's shit, still better than having no package manager

I rather use ninite

>2018
>still using windows

Attached: lgs.jpg (480x320, 28K)

Why not try the Windows 10 Store, user?

Jow Forums fags will mindlessly hate anything windows. Chocolatey makes the experience a bit more useful.

>windows

Dunno about chocolatey, but I'm running scoop for two years on my windows VMs now and for what it does, it works fine.

Attached: _2.jpg (1090x1200, 117K)

unlike distribution repositories you can't trust Chocolatey's.

Why?

It's a pale facsimile of any Linux package manager, but I guess it's better than having nothing

gui is laggy shit
search function on cli sucks ass
I mean seriously you can either wait an unreasonable amount of time using the gui or you can use the cli but, you have to google the exact fucking package name chocolatey uses

works for me

maybe you are just a retard

Attached: Annotation.png (1247x1178, 276K)

you're screenshot only proves that you knew the exact package name and version number. the search/install function returns only exact matches

Wrong screenshot

Attached: 2018-10-16 11_53_56-.png (1271x1195, 168K)

odd, I could only get it to return exact matches when I tried it

Pretty cool, used it to install chromium and I felt right at home.

Not up to the heights of Linux package managers but still loads better than installing stuff from the internet. Since most of the Windows software I use, bar propietary IDEs is free (as in freedom and/or price) I can install nearly all of them with a single line. Replaced Ninite for me in clean installs.

I looked into it hoping that it would have installers for all those projects that don't offer a fucking release/binary/whatever. I was uninpressed. Also it seems entries can't be edited and updated so they have to make a new entry for a new version?

Is it shit garbage like brew where it chowns /usr/local/bin (windows/system32 on windows?) as the current user, completely breaking your OS if you have multiple users?

>/usr/local/bin
>anything like system32