Is he actually as brilliant as people make him out to be...

Is he actually as brilliant as people make him out to be? I was watching his "MIT niggers" video as well as a lot of others and while you can't tell a lot about it from what he's doing it sounds to me like he might have come up with some cool stuff. Is it any good, or are things too ingrained the way they are for it to ever be used, or is he just a whackjob through and through?

Attached: terry_a_davis.jpg (240x180, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/
youtube.com/channel/UCJZTn-fPu-uIA55UI47_cXg
youtube.com/watch?v=TN266WkrPRs
youtu.be/pvjSNoGL1-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The thing about modern computers is that they are overcomplicated to make the most intuitive fucking UI and applications. Back then, shit was straight forward.

So yes, Terry is god 190 IQ.

he never posted thumbnails from a phone so take that as you will.

Terry was a genius because he knew simplicity. He built his own compiler and operating system from the ground up. He took inspiration from C and added useful extensions. He took inspiration from Unix and added useful extensions.
Unfortunately, the newer versions of his OS are kind of torn apart. Back when it was called LoseThos, it was a lot more usable and didn't have the biblical stuff or the strange graphics. I guess as his schizophrenia progressed, he started doing more irrational things to his OS.

It's funny because, while I do phonepost sometimes, this is not one of those times. Also I figured everyone on Jow Forums has a picture of Terry so why would I upload a larger image? I have his videos saved on my computer (a few of them, at least) but not many pictures.

Temple OS is easy to laugh at but the fact that he created a language, and used it to write an OS all by himself is quite impressive. Especially while struggling with one of the most crippling mental illnesses a person can have How many other basement dwellers manage to even pull off one of those things? He at least tries to be productive, and despite it's many shortcomings, Temple OS actually has some really interesting and innovative features, buried beneath the insanity.

FAGGOTS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO POST HERE UNTIL THEY HAVE READ THIS

codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/

> In many ways TempleOS seems similar to systems such as the Xerox Alto, Oberon, and Plan 9; an all-inclusive system that blurs the lines between programs and documents.

> In this video Terry gives a brief tour of some of the more interesting features of TempleOS. At 5:50, he shows how to build a small graphical application from scratch. Now let's just think about how you'd do this in Windows for a second. Consider for a minute how much code would be needed to register a windowclass, create a window, do some GDI commands, run a message pump, etc. You'd need to set up a Visual Studio project perhaps, and either use the resource editor to embed a bitmap, or try and load it from disk somehow. Now compare it to the tiny snippet of code that Terry writes to accomplish the same task. It certainly makes you wonder where we went so wrong.

Attached: cia disc.jpg (1613x1080, 93K)

That's because Windows is built by pajeet wageslave brainlets.

He may be gone but Terry is king. Give TempleOS a try and learn something. Once I got the hang of it I started wanting to use it everyday.

The underlying architecture of windows applications is ancient, goes back far before the pajeetification of M$.

He's a LARPer

>Is
Was

He made some classical music, better than mozart worse than bach

There is a reason why he was the programmer God decided to talk to. He was the only vessel who could tolerate God's message. But even then, it only worked for a short time.

Oh look, a 14 year old Jow Forums nigger learned a new word and is trying it out.

Fuck back to you NPC brainlet. This is our board now

t. nigger cattle

The thing is he’ll say some pretty level headed and stuff albeit a bit conceited about his OS architecture and then he’ll say something like ‘CIA nigger’ and ‘god said 16-bit color’ etc. His face should be pinned to this board desu.

no proof except ur circlejerk discord saying it

>glow in the darks calling other people nigger
ironic

Attached: Terry knows.jpg (1232x1040, 183K)

no proof he's alive either, sweetie

here u go
youtube.com/channel/UCJZTn-fPu-uIA55UI47_cXg
he is alive

>I'm going to purify myself
>Published on Aug 11, 2018

Fuck you.

>two months ago
Try again, sweetie.

any reasonable person would accept a 2 month old video as proof that a person is alive as there is no reason to think he is dead, except ur retarded circlejerk discord-- which any reasonable person would not accept as proof

Are you actually mentally retarded? He got run over by a trains hours after the video went up, faggot. Also I don't use Discord because I refuse to install electron based webshit crap.

did he? where is the proof outside of ur retarded discord

or templeos irc as it is all the same

He wrote almost the entirety of what was the back end of ticket master at the time from scratch

>is
He's fucking gone m8. A homeless, racist, insane genius.

>back to the same rhetoric

Evil bastard

>His face should be pinned to this board desu
It literally is, though

This, you can't blame the pajeets for the completely broken, rotting foundation. They're trying to carry on what was left behind and it's all garbage.

>github under lock and key
holy shit he knew

You know, he's one schizo who may have actually had the CIA stalking him. At least early on. At one point he was trying to get hired on by defense contractors. He had an interest in working on spy satellites. It's not entirely unlikely that given his credentials, he may have been of interest to some spook agency or another.

hourly reminded that Terry is a cuckold

youtube.com/watch?v=TN266WkrPRs

Attached: 1538259387047.jpg (640x960, 122K)

wtf did l just watch

Attached: 1538702831931.jpg (1024x1024, 133K)

kek

those arent reasons for the CIA to stalk you

>go to the Marianna trench
>that's pretty deep
>you want to be deep?
kek

Attached: Main170624.jpg (640x480, 209K)

so deep only a nigger's big long cock could reach it

Attached: dancin terry.gif (429x592, 2.8M)

>brilliant
Why, because he wrote a crippled toy os, a piece of garbage nobody uses? Not one original idea, not one productive piece of code - freedos and linux are already open source.
Broke retards here with pentium IIs praise him because a 16 color 800x600 GUI is all they can run.

>THIS much cucked
No wonder Jow Forums and /tech/ can relate to him

>our

now you take that back. you wish you had spinning 3d models in your terminal

Lmao
They are an organized crime syndicate that's above the law.
If they were remotely interested in Terry they could have kidnapped him for days and reprogramed him as a sick experiment.

> It certainly makes you wonder where we went so wrong.
youtu.be/pvjSNoGL1-g

That's like the scribes casts in China. To protect their lives and look irremplaceable, they made the scriptures more and more complicated, to the point only their cast could understand it.
There is the same philosophy behind redhat's shitstainD.
Terry is (was?) a public domain guy. So there might have been a steep learning curve (because he was a genius) but once you mastered his OS, you were good to do anything easily.
He was the real computer hero, not these foss fags.

you're saying all this like if it was bad.
check your privileges

His crappy OS doesn't have sound, LAN, or video drivers. He didn't put any because he knew he wasn't nearly good enough for that.
We don't all use the same computer and terry didn't address that at all. People start contributing more and more and next thing you know, in 2030 you'll be where freedos was in 2010.

He was extremely talented, but his mental illness manifesting in his later adult life (as schizophrenia commonly does) robbed him of being greater. He was getting into metal 3d printers and satellite control systems in the 90s. Despite it's appearance or usefulness to many people, templeOS is a very well crafted OS and it is remarkable someone in his conditions could make it when most healthy programmers could never come close.

>most healthy programmers could never come close
To what? Making a crippled joke that supports 0 software ever made?

He knew about the CoC also.

Attached: 1526228061627.jpg (275x296, 17K)

Attached: 2017-11-14_10-05-17.png (1033x776, 711K)

God commanded it. (schizophrenia)
Dude, give the guy some slack, he was basically 20 times more clever than you (whoever you are, be modest, stupid faggot).

i remember that chat
that chat was a better chat than irc
and he would come on it more often too

Of all the words, you chose clever? You know what's clever, forking the world's most popular kernel and working your way from there.

He invented a programming language and wrote an entire OS from nothing, he's RMS/Linus tier

Word. IRC is drama central full of attention starved queers.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x960, 482K)

is that you terry?

nowhere near as impressive as developing your own language to write a compiler, kernel, and OS.
keep pretending you're a software developer, ubuntufag.

Attached: 1538351429198_1.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

he wanted to create an alternative to the whole internet stack using RS232, that's how much smart he was

Attached: 1530504389626.jpg (800x712, 98K)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@(//*//((((((((########(((((((((((*,*///(%#&(/#@&@@@(
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@&%(//*/((((((((((((((((((((((((((/,,**//(%@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@%@@@@@@@@@(/**/((//****///////*,,..,,,*//,/**/((#%@@%@@@&@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@&&%#((**//**,,*****/(((*,,,....,,*/**//(((#@%@@&@@@@@%
@@@@@@@%&@@@@%&&%(((/(*///**(,,,,*/(#(**,,/../*,*/,/*/((###@@@%&&/#@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@&@@@@#(/(///(/(((////(/((((///****////**//(((((#&&(%@@%((
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@&&/#((//((((((((((((##((((((((((//*,*///(####@%/&@@&&
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#%@/(/(######(((#(##(((((((((((/(***/(/((#(%&&(%@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@%@%#(########((###(#(/(((((((((#*//((/##/*/&@@&%
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@&&%#%%/#######(//#(((((##/*/((((#(#**///@%&////##/&
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@&@@@@@&@(/#(#(((*/(/****,*//(/*/(#((#,*/#@&%(/*///(#%&@
@%%@@@@@@@@@&@@(##(/#%&((((/((((//**//((((///#/(#*,**(&%%#(*/(/#(/(
((#%&&@@@@%#((##((/(//*/(((((///////////////**/(/#(**//*/,,(/*(*#(/((
///(((#(#%#((((((((//**/**///(/(((((//(((((//*////,,,.,,,.,***(///#/*
////(//((((((((((////***,,,///((((((//////(///****,,,,,,.,,,**,**///*
//**(/////(//(//*/******,,,,,/((////*****///(//..,,,..,,,,.,,.,,,***/
**/***/////(///******,,,,,,,,,/((((((((////(/*, .,.,,,,...,,.,,,,,,,,
*********(////********,*,..,,,.,((((///**///,,. .,.,,,....,....,,,,,,
,,*****(///***********,,,..,,.,..**,,,,,,,,,.....,,,.....,,......,..,
,*****(//********,,*,,,,,,.,,,...........,.......,......,,,..........
,*,,(/*********,,,,,,,,,,,.,,,,..........,.,............,,,..........

>your own language
shitting up industry standards.
>a compiler, kernel, and OS
Already been done multiple times and with orders of magnitude better results.

Way back in first year college, I wrote a command line markdown editor that only works on windows 7 x64. That piece of trash had a greater and more useful purpose than Terry's copycat crap.

>my shit can make hats to sell on tf2
faggot

>His crappy OS doesn't have sound, LAN, or video drivers.
That's literally the point you gorilla monkey retard. He wanted a simple OS under 100k LoC.
>shitting up industry standards.
Oh noooooooooooooo. How dare somebody try to make something innovative instead of making the 5,000th fucking UNIX clone god damn it stop copying unix on every fucking thing.

>simple OS under 100k LoC
Evidently insufficient.
>innovative
How is temple "os" innovative? A fucking arduino gets bottlenecked by this minimalistic fragile garbage.

>industry
or dare i say industry?

Attached: peer_review_ff.jpg (986x553, 156K)

Low effort post.
>Evidently insufficient.
It did the job, kept all the crap out.
>A fucking arduino gets bottlenecked by this minimalistic fragile garbage.
What does this even mean? It runs great on a 2700X and the 3D plane game even uses all the cores.

>all the crap out
Crap like what, usable software? APIs?
>all the cores
At 800x600 16 colors software mode, yes. That's literally nothing.

Paul Allen wrote a bunch to make sure that Microsoft BASIC worked on as many architectures were buying. He was a strong businessman, better than Jobs in my opinion, because he was quick spend all the money,. But,
Gates will say that his expenses for charity
to Africa vaccines is a major part of his life.
And Ballmer is great for getting developers.
>
This guy made a bunch of Microsoft BASIC compilers for new 8-bit and 16-bit, wow, that is hard to type, processors. He did a bunch of hardware design and software programming from that understanding.
>
I bet Steve Wozniak knows what kind of world that Paul Allen left.
>
I still want to know what gates and ballmer have said publicly.
>
Man, this computer technology has become a really difficult confusion that goes to all possible information.
>
Watch out Jow Forums. You might see some moonman. Watch out for moonman because he will bring mnore truth to your life that will sacare you fore you r life.

Attached: hey-retard.gif (900x1200, 1.01M)

It is very confusing to move from oen software platform to another. I know most people are moving to linux, but there are also a lot of old linux users, which Torvalds is worried about, moving to BSD platforms. He loses their contributations to his software. Torvalds worries to himself about being the lone contributor to his software that millions of people use daily. I've tried writing a kernel module myself. I've not gotten much further from a "Hello World" example of it. I know how it can be used, and I know that if I spend about one day on it knowing that I could control my seleep
that is difficult. If I could stay up for enough over a week to work a problem then I could have some idea to a solution plus irrelevant ideas to help with the given problem.
>
I really don't care about boundaries too much because I am in the position to say that I've found it necessary for the United Stes of America to expand beyond the current 50 States, and to expand into a Union that holds all nation-states, what are called foreign States, but to allow them to be represented in Our Congress, to cast electoral Votes in Our Election, which means they are Our States, which includes All States, which isn't wrong for the world. And The World, It Says to itself, that war must be necessary to preserve their identity. I know that is a wrong surmise. A short way to say it, is that the lands of the world will receive a great Blessing, and it is there that the world grows, because the United States of America, fought to provide Justice and a common Defence and a general Welfare, a thing of ideals that fell upon the Africans with a hard heart ache.
And The Africans can weep.
They weep freely to know that the world will grow into a wonderful garden for their children. It is their children that Africa cries.
All of the world weeps for the unborn and lost children of all.

Attached: 2018-10-16-025704_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 153K)

>moving to BSD
Software comes and goes, no big deal.
>nation-states
>muh garden of eden
Forget about it.

Who doesn't miss Terry A. Davis? I am glad I have seen programs that Terrence Andrew Davis programmed, but I've seen him do other things. Terry would get drunk a lot of times to make videos. I saw this time that Terry got drunk and was dancing and singing and having a good time, but when I was saying that I am glad that Terry was having a good time, I had instuled him. It was about 2 weeks after hearing people trying to say he is dead, which I know is not proven, that I began to think to myself about why he made videos for people to watch. I said he was pissing on himself.
>
Terry did not do that.
>
I really enjoyed watching Terry talk about his interests in computers, how his method works when designing software, and what life is like in his part of the world. I first read about Terry around 2012 or so. I am not sure how earlier it was than that, because I've known Terry for before 2010, and at least in 2009. He was crazy. He was a crazy programmer. They wrote about him all over the Internet quick.
>
He was still unknown regardless of his need to post on Jow Forums or to go anywhere else to share his operating system.
Dude. I am talking too much.
>no big deal
I just realized I was in a Terry thread. I will have to quote myself, but it was still a great shock to hear Terry died. It is shocking to hear Paul Allen died. I did not know he had cancer.
>
>Forget about it.
Man, what about the G.E.C.K.?
>
It really sits on my shoulders like a lead weight, to hear what Terry said into my ears, and understand them with what I said, and trying to calculate whether he had heard of what I said from his video. That was his 3rd to last video where he was singing, and it seemed like he was singing AC/DC. Dude, I was enjoying his dancing. I was hearing his music. I said rock on.

Attached: 308px-Fallout2front.jpg (308x320, 47K)

>is
that's 'was' for you big boy

>Is he actually as brilliant as people make him out to be
Why don't you think for yourself instead of asking Jow Forums?

> Is he actually as brilliant as people make him out to be?
Twenty years for what other people could do in a year. No joke, I just read a short writeup of somebody's OS made from scratch in 6 months.

Attached: lslytdwoo2svs-n5ndwskwdxzmu[1].png (1040x831, 283K)

Jow Forums and other tech communities that gave him notoriety and views are partly responsible for kiling him, he might have sought out help otherwise but he ended up believing his delusions
i'm glad he's gone tbfh, what a dumb and boring memelord

T Davis was retarded, he copied the c compiler syntax, changed it slightly, instead of just making it fully regular like lisp. could have made a lisp without trailing brackets if he wanted like python. So in the end he has the shitty c syntax but its not true C compatible.

that's debatable. I saw terry argue with some other autists who made their own OS, but Terry also wrote every single one of his drivers.

You can just use C#/XAML or C# alone (for speed) these days and it's not winforms levels of retarded.

>templeOS in the same class as plan9
kek how will cat-v ever recover

did he also write a compiler and a dialect of C worthy of god? no, he's nigger that's strayed from the herd.

Attached: TerryCBMSCII.png (2560x2560, 349K)

MKULTRA 2.0?

Terry should’ve been hired at google or the CIA and had a handler like the other autists. I work for GCHQ doing grubby kike work and they give me some little ginger girl who takes me to work and back and helps me with dinner and cleaning and washing myself because I can’t do it myself. Might not be a thing stateside though. But there’s a few of us here who have a paid “girlfriend” but unfortunately they don’t pay them to have sex with you.

Do you have a cock? Either way will you plz be my girlfriend, I’m 6’3 with muscles and money and a good jawline but I have aspergers.

What would be amazing is a holyc compiler (or at least a translator for now). No way SJWs would touch any project programmed in it.

Not really. ***LOADS*** of people have designed OS's, single-handedly or in small teams, more capable and certainly much more efficient than Temple, in a tiny fraction the time. Basically every OS written in the 80s.

same femanon from the other day? thread 404'd
lmao, keep it fresh

Attached: 1510433743286.png (600x338, 16K)

Oh wow would you look at that, a new google data center less than 2 miles from where terry """died"""

Attached: 13454367457656896878452576.png (1050x889, 2.23M)

> but Terry also wrote every single one of his drivers
If OS isn't compatible with neither Windows or POSIX, these autists need to write their own drivers as well.
> did he also write a compiler and a dialect of C worthy of god?
I believe CS students do that.

holy hecc, google killed terry!!

XAML is a heap of shit that's worse than winforms for getting a simple application off the ground without having to split the fucking atom.

>this is you

Attached: 1539498196450.jpg (676x673, 193K)

I'd be interested to hear more about this girl, your 'tism, and her official title. Is she just a personal assistant?

> Beer review
I want to sign up for that.