Why?

Why Jow Forums does not like Gnome 3? I mean it's not my favourite but it's ok think.

Attached: [email protected] (1915x1030, 992K)

because it's literally a tablet ui
cringe and bluepilled. sage

Back in GNOME 3.14 days it was ugly, gtk3 itself was ugly.
Currently GTK3 is beautiful. The GNOME DE looks nice and fluid as well.

>ugly
>beautifull
see? thats why i do not like gnome
how about fucking USABLE instead?

It's pretty usable too.
But I wouldn't know. I spend most of my time in daily life in purely programming and Jow Forums

this. Install KDE

Attached: 1539078488459.jpg (369x1024, 73K)

Unless you install fuckton of addons its the oposite of usable. And then it starts crashing.

>crashes
I noticed that too, the older Linux kernels don't like polaris I suppose. I don't think it's GNOME's fault.

ricers hate it because it works out of the box with keybinds to manage windows and the search option lets you be productive.
>being productive
ohHh NONONONONONONOO HOW CAN NEETS EVEN RECOVER

>JavaScript
It's literally pajeet tier

A single-threaded javascript.

feels really slow

I'm used to Unity. GUH-KNOWME is awful in comparison, wasted so much space. I'm honestly thinking of switching back to Windows after 16.04 LTS support expires.

*activities button animation plays*

because i3wm exists

The icons are too small

Why not just install another DE?

laggy, stuttering javascript piece of shit

I dont get, regarding ops pic, why have such an inflexible system of limited number of fixed icons on desktop? How is this a progress? How is it better than windows desktop with icons on it, icons that you can move, rearange, which are not necesserily aligned to grid, can be resized, any file or program can be placed o desktop

This, just run tasksel

By the time gnome reaches version 4 they are going to stop being a DE altogether. Those fuckers at the dev team are getting rid of one feature after another. There's no point in using or updating this piece of shit.

>hurr durr, I need clock on my desktop, I can't find programs unless I have icons on a desktop, I need tray for my steam gaymes!
define "usable", faggot, because I bet my arm and a leg, that you gonna complain about something retarded insisting that this is a reason why it's unusable.
GNOME would be unusable if it crashed or it's slow. It's more stable and polished than KDE plasma. If it's slow, then clearly, your hardware should not run GNOME or KDE plasma. Look into xfce or lxde.

Its everything people hated about Windows 8s UI, but only the bad parts.

It's definitely GNOME's fault.
GNOME is literally hardware accelerated javascript dude.

it has overhead, either some lag, sluggishness for something [like scrolling in firefox is great in i3 openbox etc but garbage in gnome] little things like this
the gnome concept is great
but it's only the concept

>it's literally a tablet ui
it's literally not

>addons
you don't need any