Why aren't you giving KDE another chance / try right now Jow Forums?

Why aren't you giving KDE another chance / try right now Jow Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_20180908_123812.jpg (3840x2160, 807K)

But I never stopped using it.

>Kucked Dick Eater
Uh, no thx

I prefer gnome
pic related

Attached: hell.png (211x239, 4K)

I did a couple weeks ago, dropped it like the force of a thousand suns.
I'd rather use a serious desktop OS if I ever need one.

Why I should wasting my time to see cheap Windows Vista clone?

I like using different desktops and window managers.

underage detected

Can it finally mirror 2 displays out of 4 and remember past display configurations? No? Well, okay, next year, maybe.

because any DE is shit and bloat
i3 master race reporting in

I tried it for a couple weeks. It's very polished and nice to look at but it feels like a wannabe MacOS clone. There's no verbose output in GUI applications. The system update tool shows no CLI output of what's going on. It just stops responding and crashes. Then you open it back up to see 0 updates and assume it updated.

It seems as if it was designed more for newcomers who will do nothing more than browse the internet and general NPC use and doesn't belong in a dev environment.

>Why aren't you giving KDE another chance
It doesn’t deserve its 4th chance. I tried, really, to use it. Shit’s too unstable.

i3 is bloated and buggy

Cuz i either use xfce or i3wm for maximum comfy

Attached: image.jpg (960x722, 286K)

sure sweaty :)

I3 is as minimal as it gets how stupid are you?

Literally every linux DE has workspaces.

thanks. deleted the stupid post.

But I am user.

Attached: Screenshot_20181016_233053.png (698x407, 38K)

was trying to seriously use it on my laptop since i love the customizability and i hate the foot
gave up yesterday. too buggy, too many issues with GTK applications like LibreOffice, and the accounts integration (kontact) is the worst thing i've ever used.
one day when i get some time i want to make some major contributions to the project to make it better, but for now while i have shit to do i have to put up with gnome

>tfw not reporting bugs so I can shit on KDE

The KDE memeing made me actually try kubuntu recently. What an experience.

>burn kubuntu iso, load it up
>whole OS crashes randomly due to issue with Nouveau (lol nvidia)
>Clicking a "format" checkbox on the partitioning dialog crashed the installer with an unhandled GUI event error
>fucked up multiple monitor configuration
>when monitor config was fixed, the system panels didn't move to the new primary monitor
>Mouse too sensitive, the mouse settings app had like 10 different ways to tweak acceleration but no sensitivity slider

Gave up at that point. GNOME might be shit but it handled all this stuff perfectly and never crashed once :^)

not him but kde has been around for 21 years. they should have gotten their shit together when it came to stability instead of adding extra bloat to their already bloated desktop. the only DE's I can think of that are just as fragile as kde are lxqt and lumina and I don't even think that's fair since they're still pretty young

But I am. Also
>Why won't you give KDE a try?
>No Qupzilla or QT creator
>Sublime and Firefox
Absolutely disgusting
Retard, everyone knows Kubuntu is the worst representation of KDE there is.At least try using KDE Neon.

Attached: butiam.png (1920x1080, 693K)

You must be a retarded arch fag from reddt.
>What is dwm
>What is ratpoison
>What is scrotwm

i only use KDE ever since installing S.u.S.E 9.0
3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 for a long time, then 4.x which wasn't the best, and now 5.x which is awesome

color scheme?

>Obscure hipster shit
>Obscure hipster shit
>Obscure hipster shit

Admit it faggot.

Ratpoison is the only thing obscure in that list

t. Arch i3 user

Modified "blank".

i3 is the windows of tiling wms.

It's bloated broken trash.

dwm is the bsd of tiling wms

no. bspwm is

no. dwm is

I like JWM with tiling copied and pasted from a tiling WM into source and compiled

buggy and bloated - KDE
bloated - GNOME
stable and customizable - Xfce, Lxde, Mate
buggy and customizable - LXQt, Cinnamon, Mate

anything else is a preference (deepin, budgie, etc)
i3/similar are autism

Attached: 1536325488803.jpg (634x432, 53K)

>I need to be as obscure as possible to feel special and superior

Attached: image.jpg (585x399, 60K)

>all these brainlets who think kde is still bloated

whomst here /emerge plasma-desktop-9999/ gang?

Attached: 1539715518629.png (427x576, 310K)

But i am :v

Attached: Screenshot_20181017_020131.png (1366x768, 1.21M)

>not installing kde-meta

alright u got me

Attached: 1539643224511.jpg (332x332, 72K)

go back to 9fag kid

>It's very polished and nice to look at but it feels like a wannabe MacOS clone.
What the fuck are you talking about? That's a really off comparison, KDE's UX/UI is worlds apart from MacOS. It's much more akin to Windows (granted, I think you can rice it to be fairly similar to MacOS, but the same is true of several other DEs). Are you sure you're not thinking of GNOME or Pantheon or something?

You're not wrong about the software/update tool, though. Discover is an enormous piece of shit, I've never gotten it to successfully work once. But, I do all of my updating and software installation through the terminal anyway.

Because I'm stupid and I lose myself in the sea of config menus every time I try to customize it until everything breaks.
What's a good retard-proof distro with KDE that wouldn't break itself after 2 weeks?

>another chance
been my daily driver for 20 years

Gentoo.

UNSTABLE

Can't watch any youtube videos on how to install it.

Attached: EtoReChapter66.png (350x350, 77K)

Debian

Because it's bloated as shit and because I like minimalist software on my pc and because it takes at least 1 century to compile on gentoo and because I am not a faggot and because I don't need a windows DE replica on my *linux* computing device or else I would've stayed with wincuck

Someone explain to me what is this kde wallet thing and why does disabling it in the settings break a lot of stuff
Also, is KDE Neon the official just werks distro? How does it compare to opensuse?

Attached: sugar.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Attached: kde.png (481x233, 269K)

>what is this kde wallet
It stores your passwords.

Does Dolphin support folder-specific view now? Last time I tried it, changing the view in one folder would change it everywhere.

And what do you have to do to not be stuck with the cancerous GTK file picker it defaults to so you can actually have thumbnails?

yes I ssh into a webserver I am doing work on and all sorts of folders local and remote have different folder view modes enabled.

I installed my kde a long time ago so it should be a thing most def my dude!

I always disable it without any issues.

reminds me way too much of vista

How come I have no gnome-classic available after installing it?

KDE Neon or opensuse?

Manual tiling is dogshit and i3 is bloated.
DWM master race.

>stable and customizable - Mate
>buggy and customizable - Mate
Sounds about right tbqh

way back to minimal distros
who needs that fucking GUI anyway

Шeл бы ты oбpaтнo нa Cocaч.

I do, once every 3 months and it never works for me. Too much bloat.

This. Suckless is the truth

It's supported that for a fucking millennia.

The titlebars are ugly

Because I hated it the first time I tried it
Also this

Go back stupid commieposter

works in my nvidia machine
>no 32bit libraries

Because 5.14 hasn't been ported to OpenBSD and i don't want to use Linux

To be fair, i3 being bloated was a joke there. Manual tiling is shit though and I'd rather recommend the bloated shit that is awesome over i3 because of that.

dwm is a fucking meem just use tmux at that point

seems like a pain in the ass to rice, every kde desktop looks the same. they're all boring flatshit

KDE can tile and snap windows.
>and other DE's can too.

Attached: 018.jpg (3000x1801, 346K)

Has KDE 3 been ported to bsd yet?

because XFCE is comfy as fuck nad lightweight (also not as buggy as KDE)

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-17_13-59-16.png (1360x705, 657K)

I like KDE

edgy

KancerDE

Like it should be

it doesn't do anything that XFCE doesn't already do and is less stable

There's KDE 4 but its maintained by one guy, never cared about KDE 3. But if you fancy KDE 3 in general there's TrinityDesktop