Does anyone know why my desktops wifi keeps disconnecting from my 5ghz network...

Does anyone know why my desktops wifi keeps disconnecting from my 5ghz network ? my phone is fine it's just my desktop first time i have tried using wifi with it. Drivers are up to date it's just 5ghz that messes up.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drivereasy.com/knowledge/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-or-dropping-out-on-windows-10-solved/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Windows 10? It's a bug with energy saving settings. Can't remember how I fixed it, but it's easy.

Desktop wifi cards usually suck ass. Make sure the antennas are pointed in a decent direction to pick up the wifi signal.

5Ghz is shit at penetration, so if the signal is coming from in front of the PC, but the wifi antennas are at the back of the PC, the signal can be blocked just by the metal case and the various components inside the case.

drivereasy.com/knowledge/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-or-dropping-out-on-windows-10-solved/

It's on board wifi. My router/modem is like 2 feet away from my desktop and facing my antennas. even my tv in a different room can pick up 5ghz without issues.

yeah windows 10

Then it could just be a shitty wifi card, or software issue with power saving.

have you tried to check online before asking? btw it's probably

Attached: 1521468216692.jpg (640x480, 42K)

yes i tried yeah i know but i'm trying to figure out what the energy saving settings bug is. I already have disabled the option to sleep the wifi device

did you do that on the device itself on device manager? other settings don't mean shit, check it there on network adapters and kill the option to save energy there

yeah i did that. i just restarted the wlan autoconfig thing so far it's been fine now hopefully it stays like that if not i don't know what to do.

change channel wifi

Is your router firmware up to date? Are you using a crowded channel?

Also 5ghz is not meant for long ranges. It's mostly useful for apartments unless you have a repeater or a mesh network so you have to be realistic given the physics of the network.

Google the model of your wifi card and see if other people have issues with it. Chances are somebody had the same issue and it was just a matter of updating the drivers, changing an adapter setting or disabling a power management setting.

What card is it anyway?

>wifi on desktop
kys

yeah seriously what a queer

This, if you dont have line of sight stick with 2.4

>This, if you dont have line of sight stick with 2.4
This isn't really true. It works through walls.but at a shorter distance. Apartments are fine.

there's more to do

the channels 5ghz uses are similar to the channels bluetooth uses. If you have bluetooth devices around they can interfere until you tell your router to only use 5ghz channels that your bluetooth devices arent using

i had a problem where my bluetooth transmitter for a headset was disconnecting the 5ghz wireless connection from a computer.

Goto power settings, then wifi, turn off power saving mode