Zen 2 13% ipc improvement

mobile.twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/1052194745647165441
It's over intelbros

Attached: jNnSDl3m[1].jpg (320x300, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hardforum.com/threads/the-radeon-technology-group-rtg-has-received-its-first-zen-2-sample.1967802/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1413913323099.png (1000x1000, 162K)

PLEASE SIR DELID

Attached: orBEVaW[1].jpg (679x758, 51K)

wtf is ipc?

intel pajeet center

intels per cuck

>tfw bought r5 2600 2 months ago
i feel cucked.
should have waited on my corelet pentium

Dat 7nm TSMC node is going to be great amdbros.

Attached: 1407562883759.png (492x492, 187K)

This. I will be upgrading my b350 microatx and 1700 with an x570 and 3700x hopefully. I want some OC gainz, I already got 3600mhz cl15 ram kit.

FeelsGood Amdbros

checked. amd is nice

>BitsAndChips

Attached: 1535012839934.gif (250x188, 1.63M)

>13% ipc improvement
>still slower than the coffee lake refresh

congratulations for reaching kaby lake ipc

2017 called

Can't believe I fell for memes

Attached: Once_More.jpg (1432x1526, 70K)

13% is roughly the gayman advantage that intel has
If that is evaporated than what the hell can intlel fall back to

am I suppose to care?
consumer fags, not even once!

t.i7 6700k user
Its only 30% better.
get back to me when we're at 50% faster.

The day amd catches up with Intel is the day they remove their cheap pricing

>13% is roughly the gayman advantage that intel has

In your dreams maybe. It's more like 30%

>its been almost 8 years and intel still can barely pull ahead of sandy bridge ipc

>Sauce
>One of my friends. The same how told me about Zen
This is "my dad works at Nintendo" levels of verification that it's true.

>The day amd catches up with Intel
They already indirectly did, TSMC is already doing volume production of 7nm chips and AMD can use that process to make their chips. I say indirectly because AMD and Intel aren't competing companies, Intel is a chipmaker - AMD is not. Intel competes with TSMC, Samsung and GF and two of those are ahead of Intel.

Intel's in a bad spot right now. They expected 10nm to be ready but it's not and now their chips are priced 50% higher than AMDs offerings at comparable performance.

Uhh look at any benchmark comparison sweetheart
The gap is almost nonexistent at 2160p

I bought 2700x at launch my 1080 oc bottlenecks it even at 1080p
Wish amd would hurry the fuck up with 7nm gpus

>This kills the jews

2600 is a fantastic chip, don't feel bad. Just wait for the last AM4 generation, upgrade to the best one you can afford and ride it as far as it'll take you.

ok now do the benchmarks with specter patches installed

Reminder that AMD are forced to lower their prices because no one is falling for their shit anymore.

And the increases in clock speed will close the rest of the gap. Face it, intel is fucked.

Intel has ~10-15% ipc advantage in AMD right now in 1080p gaming. That 13% means, at 1080p, the performance is equalized.

If AMD can hit 4.5 Ghz Turbo on stock, it means Intel is dead.

Imagine the CPU as a slave boat.
The clock is the speed the slave master beats the drum, and the IPC is how much water the slaves can move with the paddle.

I'm pretty cute

Attached: 1539718917583.jpg (866x1114, 713K)

Yes, this is why everything intel is doing is straight up panic mode; because nobody is falling for AMD's shit.

Attached: 1506191540629.jpg (1200x740, 63K)

Ayo that's raycism bruh

Or shitty car analogy
Intel - 4500RPM = 250hp
AMD - 4500RPM = 220hp right now, 245hp after IPC increase.

But the slave is white

confirmed 4.2 base 4.6 turbo 4.8 pbo

Gosh darn that's racist brother

Intel aren't the ones lowering their prices.

13% is something to get excited about? it's way below Intel's typical 20% improvement

except amd is a flatplane v8 vs intel's v6
and thats hp/cylinder

This. Intel has been doing 20% every release since sandy bridge, according to their marketing slides. Sandy bridge must have been a potato.

No, they're not, and there's good reasons for this:
1. They're still riding their mindshare, there's still plenty of people who buy intel because that's all they've ever known and they're aware of their products
2. It's hardly the time to be doing price cuts when you can't even supply the demand
You act like the Ryzen 2000 series was selling poorly before price cuts or something. Cut the delusions. I'm not saying AMD are going to completely wipe intel out, but things are really looking unfavourable and only getting worse for intel.

>there are people who buy a $600 CPU who aren't aware of the existence of AMD

Isn't Intel going to be using TSMC to make Intel chips?

Is it racism when there's no sjws around to notice it?

More like deluded into believing that there is a massive differences

That's giving them the benefit of the doubt, if anything. Everyone who pre-ordered the 9900k is a brain damaged goy.

AMD is the living incarnation of the slowbro meme of the CPU/GPU world.
Every time I see bullshit about AMD "blowing up the competition" its always:
>Hey buddy, don't buy that reliable year(s) old nvidia/intel product, just buy our brand new awesome shit. Its cheaper and will last you until our next new awesome shit that we'll conveniently release at a time that doesn't compete with nvidia/intel.
>Btw its only useful for mainstream normalfag-tier software so don't bother doing anything that doesn't conform to our retarded standards

I think ultimately this will always be the problem of AMD: you overestimate the stupidity of the average person. Your memes are funny and everything but in the end, someone who can afford a $600 CPU will know how to use Google and the first thing they'll see is that AMD needs twice the cores to compete with Intel. The next logical step is asking "does every program use all those cores simultaneously at their full capacity" and the answer is of course no.

From that point on, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on.

the opposite of imac

>Btw its only useful for mainstream normalfag-tier software so don't bother doing anything that doesn't conform to our retarded standards
that's intel, why do you think /v/tards shit all over the FX series, despite being more cost-effective for multithreaded (actual work) workloads?

>I'm gonna leave a bunch of tabs/programs open like a fucking retard instead of managing my workload properly
>also I'm going to sacrifice single workload performance because of aforementioned retardation.
>I need all my retardation in one device instead of spanning multiple devices.

amd will probably reach haswell ipc by 2023
intel btfo

>he doesnt know

Attached: RyzenSkylakeIPC.png (1276x713, 349K)

gayman doesn't matter

>Go on /v/
>"Its over Nintenbros"
>Go on /tv/
>"Its over disneybros"
>Go on Jow Forums
>"Its over amerimutts"
>Go on Jow Forums
>"Its over intelbros"

Attached: 1539410814176.jpg (391x327, 37K)

>literally everyone has proven that clock to clock ryzen has a better ipc
>NOOOOO ITS 30%

>intel - v6 turbocharged with a leaky gasket puts out 300hp at 9000rpm

>amd - veeate NA puts out 280hp at 6000rpm

>guys AMD caught up to i7, it only took an entire year
Slowbro.tga

Except it does for anything real-time calculation.

>AMD Unboxed

Not even going to respond.

They also aren't the ones selling any processors

***NEW***
[X] Real time calculations don't matter

If AMD is selling so many processors, why do they keep cutting their prices?

hey intel why u feeling down? like waaay down there down

Attached: AMD-Threadripper-2990WX-LN2-5.1-GHz-Benchmarks.jpg (711x457, 49K)

You do know you're admitting being retarded is better. Literally. Not the meme "literally". Indefinably retarded.

because amd has insane yields something that intelaviv cant compete with

Yeah when will my Ryzen 5 2600 pc stop freezing in basic tasks? Kys and fuck ryzen

>mom I beat a year old CPU again!
Can you at least use actual source links instead of cropped images? Please be less retarded.

>twitter

If its Windows 10 the problem is Windows 10. Its a peace of shit that softlocks over the dumbest garbage unless you're running entirely on SSD with no external storage mediums.

They were right abou zen tho
Talking about the statements from back in 2015, most of it were true.
Iir they were first t breport on mcm architecture

>poorfags buy frugally and don't rebuy unless forced to by AMD itself over market standard push
>middleclass fags just buy to tide them over until prices drop for better intel/nvidia series
>richfags don't, why would they?
The terrifying thought of dumpsters full of one-series increment machines being thrown away by richfags and then sold in bulk and shipped to asian or middleeast/india countries to be disassembled for precious metals is heartbreaking.

What "rest of the gap"?
Intel has a ~4% ipc advantage over zen+.
Gayming doesn't count.

middleclass fags are using some dell shitbox they got with a coupon at walmart. you're forgetting the rest of the world ain't Jow Forums man

And that dell gaymen shitbox is more likely to have budget AMD shit in it.
If its a gaymen laptop then its more likely to have intel/nvidia combo.

Get the fuck out of here, kike. We don't need faggots with an agenda trying to shape the way we think about computer technology. In the current moment, AMD is competitive as fuck and adequate for any task, whereas Intel are overpriced and bad price to performance. Don't post here ever again

I refuse to believe. Wasnt the case with Intel + multiple hdds. Run like butter. Fuck AMD and ryzen

You mean inadequate for office and web browsing? Fuck off.

>AMD is competitive
>doesn't make their own chips
>always a year behind and always hemorrhaging prices
>wastes money shilling and gives away free shit to any developer willing to suck their dick
No that's just "free market". What's left of it anyway.

How long ago? I've only started having softlock issues after the garbage "creator" update.

Since I bought this stupid CPU

You guys are wrong. With good RAM and low memory latency, Ryzen's performance (clock-for-clock of course, as is the meaning of IPC...) is actually equal to Intel. IPC measures core-bound loads, and you should try to remove memory latency from the equation (working memory fitting in cache). In this regard, Ryzen is equal to Intel,

Ryzen's disadvantage is exactly memory latency and frequency. IPC-wise it's actually quite comparable.

This said, I cast serious doubts on a +13% IPC gain. That is, in my opinion, ridiculous and directly in conflict with previous engineering sample leaks stating that it's performing at the level of Coffee Lake.

hardforum.com/threads/the-radeon-technology-group-rtg-has-received-its-first-zen-2-sample.1967802/

That is mostly due to a frequency advantage and less memory latency on Intel processors.

Wait, you're having that too?

I'm not alone?

what year ffs

>LN2 vs water chiller
>32 core vs 28 core

It's over winbros

>be incel retard
>never owned unlocked cpu
>buy amd
>overclock it
>i have no idea what im doing
>pc keeps crashing
>spam Jow Forums that ryzen is shit
Lol everytime

Its pretty much everyone on creator update since late 2017. If you're lucky enough to have the magic combination of hardware that doesn't softlock you lucked out plain and simple.
Once solution is to completely disable Windows Defender and any Antivirus. Some solution huh? Fuck that.

That's for gaymes.
The 13% leak is for a real (scientific) workload.

Its been over since Windows 8. Numale retards are in charge of Windows now.

>still no TSX implementation
trash

Chipset drivers, perhaps?

Latest chipset drivers and I've never OCd my cpu.

See my post in the other thread: >It might be the CPU. Have you set "Power Supply Idle Control" to "Common Current Idle" in UEFI?
>The C6 sleep lockup problem is quite well documented, and the problem is CPU power delivery when it needs to wake up from C6 sleep. The issue isn't the CPU itself, but rather that the power supply can't maintain power delivery to the CPU when it's that idle.

t. Married
Never OC'd my cpu

Done all the BIOS tweaks. No help.

But what you mention as retard, is actually average consumer in general. Those npc have fuckton of tabs on google chrome and just don't manage it that well.

Sucks for you, works on my pc :^)

What I've done:
Typical current idle
Disable Cool N Quiet
Disable Sata power management in uefi
Mess with RAM frequencies

>Latest bios and drives

No help