What are the most math intensive computer science fields/careers and how do I in?

What are the most math intensive computer science fields/careers and how do I in?

Attached: 1538422378500.png (476x477, 256K)

Im not an expert but Im guessing encryption, databases

crypto currency math looks fairly complicated.

How do I get into cryptography? And what math knowledge should I have for it?

cryptography

Attached: 16c95ea03a856b3a4d0a9ace58645735878ff507db15836e2e63eeac48723fa1.png (657x527, 257K)

The NSA has a program where they train you to do crypto math.

Primes. Encryption is math intensive. Fucking google it

do deep learning stuff for physics simulations

I'm too much of a brainlet for physics unfortunately, otherwise I would go to school for it

Number theory itself can take you pretty far. But if want to go deep then the knowledge you should have is at least the equivalent of a BS in pure math.

What's the difference between that and applied math? I'm thinking of duel majoring if I can survive physics. What should I know before studying number theory?

I guess Applied vs Pure isn't that important. If you take number theory, abstract algebra, and maybe real analysis and numerical analysis you should have what you need to go further in cryptography.

You don't really need anything but algebra for number theory but you'll have to get used to everything being based on proofs if you aren't already.

you don't need to be the physicist if you do the deep learning part. at most you'll need phys 1-3 and applied phys for engineers then let the physicists tell you what they need.

Algebra is so based.

And then they get you hooked on cryptocrack

Apple store genius

>math intensive computer science fields
machine learning

How math intensive are computer graphics?

way better suggestion than my crypto math suggestion!

everything that ends up with a training/testing set and classification gets bundled up in ML/CGI

Any books for number theory I should look into?
How in-demand are those jobs? I guess I'll have to see if I can get all the way to physics 3, but I feel like such a massive idiot when it comes to physics. I'm taking physics right now and I'm barely passing it.

1. crypto
2. databases
3. machine learning
4. 3d rendering
5. Physics simulation softwares

Pretty much any domain specific programming where the domain itself is loaded with math.

I'm shocked no one has mentioned gaming unironically yet

OP why not just go into math?

Attached: 05CFB97A-48A7-4D62-9759-CCC68308388F.png (200x200, 39K)

Because I've already taken a bunch of CS courses and dont want to delay graduation more than I already have, and tb h I'm not sure I'm smart enough