Convert me from this, to your favorite lightweight, privacy focused linux distro

Convert me from this, to your favorite lightweight, privacy focused linux distro.

I am seriously interested to switch to a proper GNU/Linux distro, but don't see the point atm. My 2013 Macbook runs like a charm. Only issue I have is, that its from Apple.

Attached: IMG_0668.png (421x236, 185K)

Install Debian with KDE. If you're too stupid to get it working, then install Kubuntu or KDE Neon.

Debian netinstall + xfce.
If you want absolute minimalism then install Debian testing netinstall without a DE.

Gentoo. Nothing else will do.

>systemd
>light weight and privacy focused

Attached: 1529474760159.jpg (705x606, 75K)

>I have autism and my only way of existing is by spitting out memes 24/7
SystemD is perfectly fine, you probably don't even know what it is used for and how it works

Then use Devuan, faggot.

Xubuntu. Better than mac, lightweight, control yr pc instead of yr pc conrolling u

What a pussy you are for converting.

Fuck off Lennart

Why would you downgrade to an inferior OS?

t macsodomite

You know perfectly well that everyone ITT will just suggest their favorite distro and argue with the others that suggested a distro they don't like.
The only way for you is to try some of the most popular distros yourself and see which one you like the most. You can start with something like Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Manjaro and move to Arch or Gentoo if you want more customization and involvement.

t. freetard tranny

Pretty sure he already runs MacOS and he want to switch.

libreboot is designed from a mac

>macshit
Found your problem.

He's already using mac, read the OP before shitposting

yup, I was right, fuck off to 9fag

Most people probably have a reasonable idea of how much customization and involvement they're going to want even if they've never logged in as root before, and those tendencies aren't that likely to change imo. When they do change they tend to go the opposite way also, where people who previously wanted to compile everything themselves have lost interest somewhat and want a (closer to) Lindows experience

I recommend doing the opposite and starting with a more minimal distro that looks cool to you and leaving the option to move to something like Ubuntu if you find the experience tedious. I do NOT recommend considering Ubuntu et all an option to move to if you get stuck somehow because there's a big chance whatever problem you're having will be equally difficult to solve in a so-called "easier" distro, since you don't know what to do and will be using the same search results to try and solve it regardless of what distro you're using.

I also recommend using a standalone window manager rather than a desktop environment but in that case I'm willing to consider the possibility there's extra work involved with that I don't notice somehow

iDiots are happy when their machine works

If you aren't having any issues, literally what is the point of installing a Linux distro?

You don't have to be conceited if you want to be self aware