How big is a chance to get a virus on linux, and how can it occur? Has anyone had that issue?

How big is a chance to get a virus on linux, and how can it occur? Has anyone had that issue?
I just started with linux and am more experienced with windows viruses. It's interesting that some antiviruses like avast and iobit are viruses themselves

Attached: 12353463234.png (503x390, 66K)

Try to disinfect the keyboard

it's fifty fifty

Niggas iffy uh blicky got the stiffy uh

As long as you use the distro's official repos you should be fine. Unless you use linux mint.
As for getting something from your browsing habbits, chances are slim but just in case you can just use ublock origin.

It seems like main threats can come from the browser but it seems like they are still windows-oriented but i'm not sure

I do use mint. Is the problem in flash and java?

sudo ./virus.sh

No its just that they have a horrible record of getting their site hacked.
As for java and flash, just dont use it in the browser.

I use firejail+firefox I guess it saves from flash/java. And the issue I had with mint is that it often freezes randomly. I haven't had that before using endless os for months, but endless is bad.

Ubuntu based distros do that on my pc too.
Idk why.
Which is why i use debian.

viruses are a 2000s thing
they don't exist unless you go to russian sites

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

>actually having to use command line in 2018

HAHAHAHAHAHA how will linuxfags ever recover

I don't understand, is it yours a double LARPiated joke?

Russia 4 lyfe, fuck you nigger
you faggots can suck ma fooin' cock as well haha

Reading this thread makes me think Jow Forums is mostly 14 or younger.

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

Although I'm more of a KDE man myself.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1522893517790.jpg (667x1000, 510K)

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

>not being able to run programs from the file manager
jokes on you, footfag

Underrated post

Attached: 1510876864388.jpg (555x555, 26K)

Whats different from mint repo compared to ubuntu

Sorry to hijack your high quality thread OP. I was lately considering suicide, how do I provoke somali dockworkers into raping me to death by internal bleeding/AIDS? Boy (male) btw.

>How big is a chance to get a virus on linux
about tree fiddy

I think there is a bot that says that every time it finds a block in a thread with the word Linux

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

mint website and official repos were compromised at one point, cannot be trusted.

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

If your used to running code from the command line, running from a GUI is a no-brainer. If you only live in the GUI, well then,,,

like anything else, it depends on the user.

I'VE BEEn GnOMED!

Don't be like that retard who ran firefox as root on gentoo

Define "virus".

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

Attached: kuroko-shirai-2399.jpg (350x491, 38K)

I've been gnomed

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

Attached: 189256013847501345.jpg (2684x1668, 288K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!
ALSO SAGE

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

You're fucking retarded, malware is at it's peak.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASED GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

Attached: BASED.png (1280x720, 2.33M)

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

I've been Gno-
No but seriously, just stick to the package managers. Le virus is mostly a matter of clicking the wrong download button. No download buttons in linux, just download packages that have been vetted, or compile from source.

Fuck gnome. My PC doesn't suffer from platform dysphoria and it doesn't think it's a tablet. Long live KDE

Attached: 1538706063433.png (480x464, 518K)

Fuck, when did this come about, and just how bad of news is it?
I started using Mint Cinnamon as my distro of choice not too long ago and have been relying on it pretty heavily.

I'VE BEEN GNOMED

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!

I'VE BEEN GNOMED!