DVORAK or QWERTY?

DVORAK or QWERTY?

Attached: dvorakvsqwerty.jpg (640x605, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RBBiri3CD6w
sttmedia.com/characterfrequency-polish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Turkish F layout

qwerty, screw rebinding keys in every application because they only made sense on qwerty for that +.01% more efficient typing

Attached: 7cc7fccf8a5b8d8525f60682c8f3a42a54ab1bd2c6f5f4f34d9c2b3e415c6fde.jpg (990x1015, 62K)

Or colemak or workman

Those are only for people who think Dvorak is too popular to use. They are worse than Dvorak.

>he uses a keyboard
>in 2018

Attached: hawkings-lol.gif (500x284, 494K)

i started using dvorak and my typing speed tripled. The only problem i had was that i had to rebind vim

When will you evolve to Emacs?

>workman
meme

when i learn lisp

Attached: 1805.Colemak.jpg (529x600, 83K)

ĄŽERTY

>learn meme layout
>have to use someone else's computer
>either have to add-and-switch to my meme layout, or appear like a retard who hunts-and-pecks at the keys

Isn't dvorak more aimed at programming?

No, just for speed.

I asked for a qwerty at Walmart, but they don't have them. I got a hewlett-packard. Did I do ok?

How much computer programming do you think was being done on typewriters in 1936

I've haven't tried more than an hour total but dvorak seems like the least reasoned of the 3.
Colemak keeps the ctrl zxcv intact (and also keeping other keys close to qwerty)
While workman is made to keep travel low and is supposedly finger tailored (and also for grid keyboards I believe)
Dvorak's let's put the most used keys on home row isn't that amazing.

AZERTY

There's a specific variant for that.

The home row I where the most used keys should be. That way you can type more comfortably.

In High School, I learned to type on Dvorak. It was nice, I was pretty fast, but I was always embarassed when someone tried to type on my computer and asked me "hey user, why's your keyboard all weird", and when I couldn't type on public workstations because I didn't know qwerty.

About a month and a half ago, I took the GRE, for which I had to type an essay in qwerty. So I learned qwerty. After taking the test, I've stuck with qwerty so I can fit in with everyone else. It's got it's disadvantages, but they aren't so bad.

Well the homerow is also the most used in the others, colemak even uses it more because the R placement in Dvorak in top row and used a lot.

The top row is more comfortable than the bottom row, which Colemak has common keys on.

I can do about 65 WPM on qwerty. Is it worth switching and how much will it affect my vim speed?

Are you even touch typing?

yes I can touch type but I fumble the keys a lot. I just took another speed test and I got 79 wpm

If you want maximal typing speed then you need obscure memes like plover stenography

qwertz is the only sane choice

I'm sure you can put in custom binds for vim and keeping on the homerow will stop you from fumbling since your fingers aren't Danton over the keyboard to type words

>tripled
>Typing this slow on qwerty
So if you were me, I'd be typing at a speed of 400 wpm

A Z E R T Y

Wow, what an amazing way to fuck up muscle memory!
And applicable to English only! Have fun relearning the muscle memory for all the languages you write in. And fucking up all the layouts they came up with as well!

But I'll be able to write Hello World a whole 5ns faster!

>I learned a second language now I don't know English anymore.

Attached: typingspeed.png (1920x1080, 474K)

AZERTY

Seul les vrais comprennent.

Les vrais pédales.

> projection

>no accents
Literally can't use Dvorak in my native language
Fucking sucks

azerty is comfy

Why would you want to, it's optimized for English

I still need to type in my native language pretty often and I don't want to switch layout several times a day

Exactly.

I'm unironically faster than all of you, even using sqwerty

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (295x310, 14K)

jawohl!

qwerty. Just like switching to Linux, it's far too much effort for far too little payoff.

Now if I had a job that required taking dictation or something like that, that might be a different story. But just for shitposting and erping, there's really no need.

If you had a job that required taking dictation the question would be moot because you would use a stenotype

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1154x627, 157K)

I write only in English and Spanish, and Dvorak feels very comfy for both. It's also nice for programming.

Good point, though I was actually thinking of something like health inspector, which is the career I'm working towards. Not necessarily dictation, but things like field notes and taking stories from people. So not really dictation, but you still have to take down what people say quickly and accurately.

Nemoku mongoliškai.

worst layout

youtube.com/watch?v=RBBiri3CD6w

ABCD

Attached: ABCTM2-1.jpg (2000x1312, 277K)

ŠĐČĆŽ master race

Attached: slavic.jpg (495x240, 115K)

*cœur* *cœur*, oh wait french azerty can't even into spelling french correctly

anyone try minimak? is it a good compromise betweeh qwerty and colemak/dvorak?

COLMAK

Attached: 1539685449852.jpg (1376x1146, 253K)

Dvorak obviously

йцyкeн

You seriously switched to a worse layout just so you can fit in? Fucking Christ.

>DORVAK
>Having to manually change the keyboard mapping of every single game.

No thank you.

Vowels tend to be common in all languages. Bad argument.

Based keyboard layout.

>Gay-ms
No, thank you

qwerty because it's standard

>not following standards
Eat shit and die snowflakes

You haven't heard Slavic languages before, did you?
They even have some words with literally zero vowels and many words where vowels are seriously outnumbered by consonants.

Not him but english misses three of my language's vowels and I think it also doesn't consider Y as one. Different languages also use different amount of vowels in their words and some consonant might be more popular.

dvorak but buy a programmable keyboard, leave your OS in qwerty.

I use Colemak

Kek this

This

QWERTY, objectively. AZERTY if you're a fag.

Bépo you fucking morons

Attached: 800px-KB_French_B%C3%89PO.svg.png (800x247, 69K)

sttmedia.com/characterfrequency-polish
www.sttmedia.com/characterfrequency-russian
Russian is my native and Serbian is similar I believe. Can you specify which languages you have in mind? Overall vowels are outnumbered in words but individually used more because there are fewer of them than consonants.

AZERTY MASTER RACE

>check out plover
>keynote speech
>skinnyfat manlet tranny walks on stage
>predictably awkward as fuck
>shoves his politics into his presentation

So, there's an alternative to plover, right?

If I understand correctly, when doing this stenography stuff, one has to come up with combinations of several keys for every possible word that are all pressed at once and output said word instead of just the few letters, correct?
If so, it seems like an utter meme if it's not your actual occupation, since it would take years to complete a dictionary.
And for programming it seems especially unfeasible since most variable or library names are made up or strange combinations of words. Like, the faggot in the video can't tell me "fizzbuzz" (I know this is a known, albeit very rare term) is actually part of his dictionary.
Is it even possible to still write arbitrary letter and special character sequences?

I'm using colemak at home and keep using qwerty at work to make it easier if I need to use someone else's machine
it's really nice, specially remaping cap lock to backspace
it takes some time to adapt but you'll know where all the keys are in an hour

>not following standards

This is willing slave mentality

acme doesn't have that problem

Based

My record is 700 characters per minute on that shitty site, touch typing since 10 years old

I've been full Dvorak on a grid layout on an Ergodox keyboard for a few years now. So great.

Changing the input source on other computers takes a few seconds. Getting used to staggered keys rather than a perfect grid makes it very hard to type or a normie keyboard again.

BEPOE!

Qwerty.

My typing speed isn't limited by my keyboard layout.
I don't want to have to remap keys for fucking everything.
It's what literally everything else uses and it's easier to not switch back and forth.

>Characters per minute
I can get over thousand CPM easy. Touch typing since 20yo

or you know, you could NOT be a fucking retard and all that

besides, I don't even know the shortcuts for photoshop on a finnish keyboard, I have always used us keyboard for it and most of my programs I use professionally

Attached: windows-keyboard-layouts.jpg (315x358, 14K)

>he doesn't use qmk

Attached: 1534999410756.gif (236x192, 1.03M)

if my typing speed tripled I'd have a world record

there's no need for typing past 130 or so, probably even 110. Dvorak just causes more problems every time you use someone else's computer

azerty ca pue du cul
jamais compris le meme derriere ce clavier tout pourri

Colemak. Its even better than dvorak in that all common shortcuts (C-c, C-v, C-s) are all in the same location or just as accsessable. Dvorak is a mess to use in modern software, whereas colemak is designed with this in mind. I'm typing on a colemak keyboard right now, actually.

ive been typing with dvorak layout since 2011

overall i type better. only thing i never get used to is using my right hand to hit F instead of my left

it's not all purely about heatmapping. One of the main benefits of Dvorak is that you are always alternating hands as you type.

I noticed this when i switched to colemak from dvorak
but the caps lock backspace and zxcv is too good to go back

qwerty because the heat map looks more spread out which reduces finger lock.

Good luck moving in an FPS with DVORAK
>having the move keys on opposite ends of the keyboard

QWERTZ

Fuck off, underage. No one cares about your toys.

Video games are entertainment, not toys.