FagOS dark theme

>take a fucking decade to implement a dark theme
>it looks like garbage
I thought Apple prided themselves on UI design? This shit looks like a Linux distro. Pic isn't me obviously.

Attached: 1539184867795.jpg (1440x900, 380K)

Fuck off faggot retard.

>This shit looks like a Linux distro
Correction: it looks like a GNU/Linux/Foot distro deliberately styled after macOS.

There is no need to be seething.
Really though what were they thinking with those atrocious black borders and that contrast?
Mojave isn't even a beta so the design team actually looked at this and thought it was fine.

works on windows

Attached: 158192837412.png (1920x1080, 551K)

delet

>not using a vertical taskbar

i tried it and it's super ugly. the extra 0.3 seconds of speed i gain isn't worth how ugly it looks desu

>he disabled "Use dark backgrounds for messages"
Of course it looks disgusting, you're showing too many white pixels.

Dark theme looks like trash outside of the mail program though. Those fucking borders are triggering me, and the lack of compatibility with some programs (e.g. Transmission) is annoying.

The borders are added to be able to have enough contrast between multiple windows, although I can only agree with you on the white borders at the top of windows since they are more aggressive than any other side (it's literally two separate ones layered on top of each other). Incompatible programs will soon get updates. Every app that's built-in in macOS as well as all other Apple apps support dark mode. Personally I think it's far better implemented than on my Windows 10 machine, where 80% of all built-in programs aren't even updated to the Fluent design, let alone Dark theme. And even then Dark theme on Windows is all over the place, Settings is 100% pure black, File Explorer is gradients of grey.

>The borders are added to be able to have enough contrast between multiple windows
But removing them or making it a slight gradient would make things look much smoother. I really hope they won't leave it like this at least. Taking away the option to only have the dark menu + dock was retarded as well.
>Incompatible programs will soon get updates
If the devs give a fuck. Transmission is pretty much dead.

You can easily enable the option of just a dark Dock and Menu bar with a single terminal command.

Still looks better than Windows and Linux dark themes.

>Windows does it after Apple
>Still looks like complete shit
Color me suprised

How safe is it? The last time I fucked with the com.apple.* shit despite knowing what it was, I ran into problems.

Very safe. Personally I don't mind changing anything like that and I've never broken anything. Just know what you're doing, and don't make any typos. The command just enables a setting that doesn't have any GUI toggle for it, most likely because it requires a restart/logout.

defaults write -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance -bool Yes

Did you use this?

Yes. Be sure to change to Light mode in System Preferences before executing it though.

Alright. Thanks.
By the way did you notice any performance issues, higher consumption, or bugs with Mojave since installing it?

Compared to High Sierra it's been way better. I am using an early 2013 rMBP though. High Sierra introduced Metal based desktop switching and blur effects, which hugely impacted my system, and even made some graphical glitches appear. These have all been fixed since Mojave. Early on, coming out of the beta, Mojave did have some QuickLook and Thumbnail bugs where they wouldn't load, now they work fine, which is odd because there hasn't been an update ever since I had that happen. Anyways, from my personal experience, the performance is just as good as on the original version of macOS that my Mac shipped with.

I see. I'm using an older MBA so that's reassuring, if you're getting graphical issues why not reduce motion and disable transparency in accessibility though? That's what I'm doing, though I directly upgraded from Sierra to Mojave because I thought High Sierra sucked

Performance other than those switching animations were solid. And I liked the less extreme whites the blurs bring with them thanks to my wallpaper. Now with dark mode it actually complements it a lot.

Desktopa-jeeto

>ur a fat nigger
Color me surprised

Oh okay. I admittedly don't care much for animations, I just like how clean the interface looks.

>no argument
Color me surprised

It looks so fucking bad, though.

Attached: AIDS.png (1303x823, 71K)

Looks better than Windows

My morning shit looks better than Windows