GPD Win 2

I'm interesting in this GPD Win 2 thing, but I read somewhere there was a hardware update at some point for this, and I was interested in getting the newest model. Do any anons have a recommendation on where I can get one of these with the most recent hardware (assuming there actually was a small hardware update at some point)?

Also, post UMPC's. What the heck IT companies, we should be in the golden era of small computers. Why don't any actual companies make this stuff? Stop making shitty tablets and $50 phones

Attached: usjhpsuvgyd8wga0ltbl.jpg (600x600, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/GPD-WIN-OCTOBER-UPDATE-Touchscreen/dp/B07BVBS29R/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1539893110&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=GPD Win 2&psc=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is a meme only Jow Forums can fall for.

okay, you want x machine so somehow your brain thinks "ask where to get it on Jow Forums" instead of googling for 2 fucking seconds?
here you go brainlet.

amazon.com/GPD-WIN-OCTOBER-UPDATE-Touchscreen/dp/B07BVBS29R/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1539893110&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=GPD Win 2&psc=1

Way ahead of you user. I checked multiple sources first before posting this, hence how I saw a page on Google suggesting there was a hardware updated. What I wanted to know is if this hardware update was true, if so where can I purchase the device with the newest hardware at a reasonable price and with decent shipping times.

Also I saw a page on Google discussing the link you've posted and whether the reference to an October hardware update was just a marketing ploy or a legit update.

I did some research user, believe me on this one

user, if there is a different UMPC handheld PC you recommend then please, I'm all ears. I want to avoid meme products as much as possible

Why would you even want a UMPC? Its as useful as a tablet, even less. That keyboard is only going to help you numb your fingers. Be a man and carry a laptop, forget about chink toys user. You are wrong for thinking you would use this shit.

>Why would you even want a UMPC?
Technically I don't really want a UMPC. What I want is a small x86 architecture computer that I can fit in my hand and preferably my pocket and that runs Windows. Unfortunately, they don't make x86 phones

Why? It's useless, which is why companies make phones not UMPCs

is fanless? because i hate that sound.

Oh hell yeah op what's up
Best tech purchase of my ever
Also all the new hardware revision does is remove the rumble motor

Attached: IMG_20181018_152610.jpg (1944x2592, 1.9M)

Ugh. I'm genuinely considering selling my macbook air for the GDP Win 2. Fuck. Like... I don't want to get rid of my mac, but I don't really need it if I have the Win2.

This is the same shit I heard when I wanted a quad-core keyboard phone (Had to wait years)

Meanwhile their apparently was a market for dumb shit like curved displays

You'll really need it. The Win 2's keyboard is worse than a touch screen keyboard, which I do use on mine

>windows

Attached: 1527211798767.png (447x437, 307K)

sorry dude i don't think there's gonna be a gpd lin any time soon
it does run linux well though, just no touch screen driver if I recall correctly

I dunno, when I'm not gaming on it I'll probably have it hooked up to a monitor, keyboard and mouse like I do with my macbook. I just want to be able to play vidya on the shitter or in bed, and I don't really care about using it as an actual computer. Basically I just want a psp that plays PC games.

Nice! Would love to hear your thoughts on the GPD Win 2 user. What price did you pay and what website did you get it from? I'm seeing Amazon has it for 2day shipping, but its $800, while other sites have it at $700, but if the shipping is like a month I might as well just bite the bullet and pay the extra. Also, is there any way to tell which models have the motor and which don't when trying to purchase one online? I heard the motor is okay, and if that's the only difference I'd be fine with either one probably. Is it possible to disable it as well?

Damn good looking device, definitely need to get one of these things

It has touch screen support on Linux.
>don't think there's gonna be a gpd lin any time soon
There's Pyra.

>implying the pyra will come out any time soon
>2010 arm processor
>still not released

>we should be in the golden era of small computers
Small, functional computers aren't fashionable.

>pyra
>uses a ridiculously underpowered CPU, even for 2011's standards, in the name of "muh fraedom"
>also uses an EXTREMELY PROPRIETARY PowerVR GPU that will NEVER get new Linux drivers, restricting you to the current kernel forever or software graphics
fuck

CPU is upgradeable

you think cpu upgrade boards are going to exist when not even the base device does?
are you fucking serious?

Attached: 1516150444533.png (1085x1217, 1.66M)

yes

>Playing GTA V on that

I love a good slideshow

how to be part of the cancer killing mobile technology and never shut the fuck up about it

take your toy fart app operating system and shove it up your ass

better than 360 desu