UPDATE NOW

opus-codec.org/release/stable/2018/10/18/libopus-1_3.html

UPDATE NOW

ENCODE NOW

Attached: 640px-Opus_logo2.svg.png (640x364, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

people.xiph.org/~jm/opus/opus-1.3/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Stream_Digital
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

opus is a shitty meme

your life is a shitty meme

people.xiph.org/~jm/opus/opus-1.3/

What does this mean for all my Opus 1.1 audio? I already deleted all the lossless sources, so can't reencode.

>Deleting lossless audio

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

I wouldn't need to encode to Opus if I was planning to keep the source around, would I.

You're stuck with 1.1 encodes then

The fuck? Why would you delete your source?

not him but there is no point in keeping your lossless if you are only interested in space

Why have you not joined the Opus 1.3 master race, Jow Forums?

You got bottoms?

>I wouldn't need to encode to Opus if I was planning to keep the source around, would I.
FLAC at home
Opus on the smart tracker

Opus pretty good for lossy. Shill the fuck out of it, and maybe it will see more widespread adoption.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>I already deleted all the lossless sources, so can't reencode.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

>wideband encoding down to 9kbps
the absolute madman

Attached: vis.jpg (480x360, 25K)

Youtube already uses it, doesn't that count as widespread? I stream music via mpv+youtube-dl audio only and the default stream is opus @96-128kps.

dumbass zoomer

Attached: 1423808679114.gif (368x360, 2.54M)

*dumb wojaks comforting one another.png*
dont worry, i did this too

HAHA how about no

Attached: b8fca928-58ce-4559-bf67-d474fee07b3e.png (1831x950, 209K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Stream_Digital

>Sony proprietary codec

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

calm down hothead these days even a 40 dollar chink DAP can play .dsf files natively at DSD 256 (11.2 megahertz for the hoes at home)

Attached: 1b0b8483-19ec-4d87-88c2-9543c5d4efd3.png (986x796, 503K)

this one is way better i think although i don't own it so idk

Attached: z_dsd.jpg (750x581, 401K)

the user interface on that one is chinese and its considerably more expensive

i own the Zishan Z2 and Z3 and actually prefer Z2 analogue volume knob. It has such a nice tactile feel and so infinitely precise. Remember these are mainly for filling up with say 10-20 Hi-res Albums for critical listening. Not really for storing your entire music collection - thats what opus and my iPhone 6s is for :)

Attached: b4a272df-5d44-482a-bc3c-4b37302f4021.png (948x661, 370K)

Can I make install and expect everything to just werk (ffmpeg, gstreamer, etc.)?

you can change the language duh

ああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ

>9 (nine) kb/s for wideband
>5k-weight GRU NN for speech detection in 5kbs
>ambisonic shit
This is fucking black magic levels of improvement.

who /64kbps/

wut is wideband?

Attached: thisiswhatpeakperformancel….png (479x432, 119K)

too bad we won't use them in youtube or discord or any other internet voice related service because they all use debian

mommy

Is there a way to figure out what encoders YouTube uses?

youtube and discord already use opus lmao

Who knows when 1.3 hits them though. Maybe we could ask moot.

>t.

Attached: 1517035613609s.jpg (113x125, 2K)

$ youtube-dl -F youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
[youtube] dQw4w9WgXcQ: Downloading webpage
[youtube] dQw4w9WgXcQ: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] dQw4w9WgXcQ: Downloading js player vflaEDXVF
[info] Available formats for dQw4w9WgXcQ:
format code extension resolution note
249 webm audio only DASH audio 49k , opus @ 50k, 1.18MiB
250 webm audio only DASH audio 65k , opus @ 70k, 1.55MiB
140 m4a audio only DASH audio 128k , m4a_dash container, mp4a.40.2@128k, 3.21MiB
171 webm audio only DASH audio 131k , vorbis@128k, 3.14MiB
251 webm audio only DASH audio 136k , opus @160k, 3.28MiB

No idea what settings lie behind the encodes though. Seeing that the opus encode runs at 160kbps, you probably won't notice the low bitrate wonders xiph are doing with the codec.

not what he asked breh

what the heck is a moot?

The creator of 9gag, the man who bombed the twin towers who's drill shall pierce you're mother's anus.

Attached: MOOT.png (456x570, 10K)

Attached: a9a75bca0414b8df3c5ac80397b3fba0b8d3f9c76161163c08384e3b6aee8c90.jpg (678x1000, 71K)

Youtube uses Opus for all audio now, you can right-click on any Youtube video, stats for nerds and they all show Opus audio except on browsers than don't have Opus support

Is there a just werks way to convert my audio library that's a clusterfuck of mp3, flac, flac+.cue, ape+.cue, alac and vorbis to opus?

>Converting lossy codecs like MP3 & Vorbis to Opus which is also lossy

NO, JUST NO

There are not alot of true "Lossless" copies of music around. even most FLAC's are just converted from MP3 to flac. I actually dont have a problem with user converting to Opus IF he properly keeps original files intact. Opus really does well with the limited bandwidth it provides.

>There are not alot of true "Lossless" copies of music around. even most FLAC's are just converted from MP3 to flac.

Not if you get them from the right places.

The question is why would you encode your obviously lossy music again with Opus?
I understand the wish to save space when converting lossless compressed / uncompressed music to some lossy codec. I also understand the need to convert lossy to lossy for compatibility reasons. But what is the reasoning behind converting e.g. MP3 to Opus? You introduce additional losses, make it incompatible with older devices and the saved file size is marginal compared to converting lossless to lossy.

>ENCODE NOW
no. it's useless to me, my music player can't Opus. Stupid part is that the hardware probably can but software support is limited to AAC/Theora/MP3/FLAC. These days I have zero need for anything else, ages ago it made some sense to rip CDs to MP3 and later Theora to save space but now it's a non-issue.

>deleted all the lossless sources
I hope you're kidding

Nice player you've got there. Considered buying one a few times but I found the lack of display concerning.

Don't.

Listen, he knows

>even most FLAC's are just converted from MP3 to flac
No, they are not. Doing so is a bannable offense all the right places where you didn't get your flac files.

If you're willing to put in the time, beets. If you aren't, beets still has a mode to import audio as is (instead of using the "auto"tagger). From there, beet convert can be configured to call ffmpeg with anything you want. It even has a flag to not convert lossy audio to lossy (which you should enable).

>Not if you get them from the right places.
Do you even know how to spot the differences between an MP3 and FLAC? I can gurantee you that you have FLAC files that have been converted from MP3.

How?

>No, they are not. Doing so is a bannable offense all the right places where you didn't get your flac files.

I know. and most music that I listen to has either no FLAC files at all or unreputable sources that just converted MP3 to flac like an audiophile idiot.

My only point was that not all Music that is out there has an unconverted FLAC file. ( I'd argue that is the case for most music out there since there is more obscure and niche music than mainstream )

I rip my FLACs off CDs so my collection should be fine.

OPUS has alot of research put into it. clean sound with only one voice is highly compressable due to the limits of our vocal cords and the vowels we make. You can select alot of presets like music. which immediatly triples the bandwidth because Music doesn't compress as well as voices do.

You are acting like that's difficult to do. Incidentally, in all my time downloading from various public tracksrs, I have only once run across lossy masquerading as lossless. Then again, my interests in music lie outside of pop shit, so maybe enthusiasts are just better about uploading true lossless.

>it's fucking nothing
eh.

Mine are very, very, obscure metal bands. I bought a really nice limited vinl record from one of them. They were so kind to include a sd card with mp3 files of all their songs so you wouldn't have to purchase their CD as well. The struggle is real.

Why the fuck would you do that? What are you gonna do when the opus and mp3 memes get replaced by a superior lossy format down the road?

I see.
neat-o

>still not supported by bluetooth

but space is not an issue any longer. it's dirt cheap. stop living in the 90s

the fact space isn't an issue for you doesn't mean this apply for everyone else, stop living in your own world