/USBDG/ - Universal Serial Bus Drive General

In this general we talk about these amazing portable storage devices

Attached: usb drive.jpg (2500x2500, 298K)

The amazing thing is how much the manufacturers can lie about the writing speeds of their products

EXACTLY THIS

Having this piece of love for 3 years
Working solid without problems

Attached: 20180927_000450.jpg (2880x2160, 2.48M)

Is sandisk still considered top tier consumer tier in this market?

>usb3 makes everything hot as fuck
>microusb's get fucking scorching
have we gone to far?

Why would it not work? I have a 12 year old 1GB usb that still works but i only use it as backup for really old pictures.

8GB is low though, what do you use it for?

My own personal hard limit on files has always been that I be able to fit what I want to save on a USB stick.

Which means I've got about 15 years of personal files on a 8GB drive*.

* I have copies of that, but it's all that same 6.5GB of stuff.

Attached: 1539772370841.jpg (1000x791, 146K)

Cheap, 32-64GB, USSB 3.0/3.1 and good write/read speeds. What do you guys recommend? I've thinking of getting a Sandisk Ultra Fit, is it any good?

It's pretty good. Make sure to format.

Looks like a good deal. A bit pricey but worth it for the speed. Get a 64GB one

ATP Nanodura. When you just can't tolerate data loss or malfunction:

"Industrial grade SLC USB storage flash drive ideal for mission critical industrial applications, such as a boot drive application. The rugged metal housing design, along with ATP''s advanced “System in Package” (SIP) technology covering the interior components, permits the USB drive to withstand extreme operating temperatures ranging from -40°C to 85°C, to be water/moisture proof, as well as vibration, shock and electrostatic discharge resistant. The SLC ICs can retain data for up to 10 years, while competing MLC products can only retain data for about six months."

Attached: products_20160608161914.jpg (360x290, 35K)

Swissbit also makes high-reliability, high-security FLASH storage SOCs, and so offers some high-rel USB drives made with those parts.

Attached: swissbit_stick1.png (364x174, 15K)

Also Windows protip: Windows can become so confused by a scrambled partition table on a USB drive's that it will not recognize it. Zeroing the drive with Linux's "dd" command (using a live distro if no dedicated Linux machine around) will usually allow Windows to work with it again.

I miss flashdrives

why would you miss them? They're not gone. Do you not have any USB ports on your devices somehow user?

I'm looking for a USB with a red LED light that should blink when the disk is being written. Any recommendation?

my sp 64gb has a sub 20MBps transfer rate, shit is garbaggio

I bought so many many flash drives
All of them died In less than week

op,i bought one of those and it overheated and no longer works
i wouldn't leave it plugged in

Attached: sana momo.webm (1920x1080, 2.23M)

My nigga. Who else here /sneakernet/ forever?