Sydney computer warehouse closes

>Sydney computer warehouse closes
>everything must go ASAP
>horde of neckbeards rush through the place like a swarm of locusts and take all the Apple IIs, Amigas, C64s, Ataris, and everything that you can play children's games on
>leaving behind a mountain of electronic test equipment, Intel SDKs from like 1979, and DEC PDP-11 docs/parts many of which could be extremely rare or have historical significance
This is what LGR and friends have wrought.

Attached: 544.jpg (926x476, 176K)

What would I honestly do with a PDP-11 anyway?

Why does Jow Forums mindlessly hate Clint? What did he do?

Any SGI or Sun stuff in there, or DEC Alpha? Grab that stuff right away if you can find it. Large servers aren't really worth it but the workstations are getting a lot harder to find. Just 5 years ago I got several SGI machines for free, one of which was a fully working high end Tezro with a screen and keyboard. People sell these for like $2k on ebay.

Create Unix.

It's complicated.

Boooorrrring

Remember when someone sent El Gay Arr a Sun workstation and he was like "Wow...neat. I can't play Quake on this thing..."

Mail me a Model M and a SPARC box

Out of curiousity, why is this thread copypasta’d so often? I’m in full support of the point it’s trying to make, but just why? What is there to gain? What’s the appeal?
I see this thread at least once a week, maybe more.

probably marketers are behind it for some reason

maybe the algorithm told the marketing-drones to push these posts on the board?

it's just NPC things

I've got remote access to a PDP-11, I've been meaning to learn to use ed so I can write Fortran programs on it

To beat up on El Gay Arr, I think.

>LGR
Lorge Gincoln Rockwell? Didn't know he was into computers.

played games

program it to compute things and jerk off to that instead of overrated crappy old games on some 8-bit budget box that everyone owned only because they couldn't afford better

>why don't people like what I like?

t. 32 yo /v/irgin

More like "I can't come up with a reasonable response when questioned so I hide behind a house of cards waiting to be blown down by even the slightest breeze".
Pic related.

Attached: 1501936082454.gif (200x183, 428K)

link?

>what is GLQuake
what a nigger

Not everyone wants a fridge-sized 1/5th of an obsolete Intel development system in their room, user. This kind of stuff should be in a museum

you could drill a small hole in the side and then fuck it.

>People sell these for like $2k on ebay.

that's nice. do people buy those things for like $2k?