Previous thread:

Attached: 106.jpg (580x580, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tex.stackexchange.com/questions/289477/underfull-hbox-badness-10000
partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/disk-read-error.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMGfcw_lj6c
toastytech.com/guis/3dna.html
hdo.to/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815256014&cm_re=pcie_m.2_adapter-_-15-256-014-_-Product
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are people actually interested in buying used, 4-year-old CPUs? Never considered selling used parts before.

I want to see this thing raped.

Why doesn't this get rid of all the annoying warnings after compilation? Urls have long-strings-like-this in them btw.
tex.stackexchange.com/questions/289477/underfull-hbox-badness-10000

Yeah. I mostly buy 2nd Gen intel stuff, because it's cheap and performs great. X79 stuff is the best. Tons of PCIe lanes for any modern add-cards you could want.

O-ok...

DELET

partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/disk-read-error.html

Are solution 3/4 doing anything that wouldn't be covered by making a live linux usb and using dd?

Can someone help with this?

testdisk
photorec
dd_rescue
safecopy

Need help with google chrome. The browser won't load pages after a certain number of tabs. Updated to the latest browser, no issue with my wifi.

use bookmarks instead of loading 1234 tabs.

He won't. This is like the 5th time he's asked, and everyone tells him that. Apparently he needs 1000 tabs open at all times because he's an autistic faggot.

on w7, english as language
what do I have to do to make russian text visible instead of pic related
inb4 install gentoo

thanks

Attached: aaaaaaaa.png (159x114, 5K)

Is there a God voice changer yet? I want to become a Virtual YouTuber but right now it is only possible if you were born a female in real life.

Attached: extra large chibi runa.png (800x800, 712K)

Anyone know some half-decent email hosting sites?

Get an eq for your mic that ahead of your source in your recorder and change the eq.
Voice modulating is a 90's fad

Is there any place to find copies of the virtual environment software that used to come with old GPUs? It was always some 3D space like a house or a space station that organized your computer functions, like a desk that contained your My Documents files, a 3D gallery with your My Pictures files in it, a control room with your Control Panel options in it, etc.

Attached: 51HMBtLaLgL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 29K)

cock.li

>gaming in 4k
>on the pc
>need a new motherboard, cpu, gpu
>possibly psu
>way, like WAY over even double 400 euros
>on console
>400 or 500 euros and you’re set

Why does it have to be this way?
Is it even worth it? At this point you can’t even pirate the fucking games because of cancer DRM or even if you do it’s either months later or with no patches or with no dlc. Living in hell.

based on name alone what 3 are the most useful?

Attached: 1511709581852.png (913x822, 114K)

Is it possible to have a drug problem without being addicted to anything?

Yeah 500 eurodollars and you're set
Set at 30fps.
Set at paying more for online modes.
Set for censored games.
Set for no mods and PC exclusives.
And set for not even true 4K most of the time.

Don't fall for the "ALL 4K AT ALL COST" meme on PC, at least wait for solutions like DLSS and hopefully even better reconstruction tech to hit PCs too so you can have your meme AAA normalfag trash on FauxK too, to smooth out performances. 60+fps is still the most important and should still be the main goal
And you can buy a good perf/price ratio card and game on 4K on PC anyway on anything that's not a meme AAA games.

how can i tell 7zip or winrar to extract my torrents when they are finished on w10

Internet sec
Applied E-coms
Open sys automation

I guess I can try that. Just installed enigmail on my client to go with it. Got any other advice before I go through with this?

>Why does it have to be this way?
Consoles are garbage fake PCs now, and the console itself is DRM compared to the third-party shit like Denuvo companies are shoving into PC titles
>Is it even worth it?
Gaymen on PC? Yes. Gaymen in 4k? No.

If it's compatible with THICCPAD, yes.

What's the best botnet cloud free service which does not need a phone number for registration?

I'm gonna encrypt before sending my shit obviously.

I started using Okular as my pdf viewer. I'm pretty happy with it, but I have a problem when reading manga. Once I zoom out to a certain degree all lines become kinda wobbly (see pic). Okular is the only document viewer that shows this behaviour.
Any idea what might cause this?

Attached: Okular.png (1017x564, 219K)

dropbox,google drive,mega

Make a bug report.

How hot does your laptops get? I have i7 quad core in a ThinkPad t440p with fresh thermal paste and cleaned fan. What are the temps of yours in a CPU stress test?

Attached: T440p.png (1920x1080, 762K)

Reposting.

New laptop battery died after a year, old one after two years. Can funky power supply damage battery without damaging CPU/mobo/etc (one would think motherboard should be more fragile)? Laptop wasn't used too frequently and when it was used it was often connected to a power outlet.

Samefag here. This is the t440p running geekbench

Attached: T440p_geekbench.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

When I slightly loose the cap of a bottle of carbonated water, soem of the gas escapes, but no matter how long I leave it, when I open the bottle fully it still gushes out. Why doesn't the enough of the gas escape through the small opening? It's not airtight anymore, otherwise nothing would have escaped in the first place.

Will my 4 year old Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cooler be compatible with the new LGA 1151-2 socket?

I currently have it mounted on an LGA 1150 socket.

Attached: 1519317448917.jpg (515x386, 35K)

Sooner or later I'm gonna need a new PC. I absolutely fucking dread this day. In my country the (((big))) stores that put PCs together for you have literally rip off prices compared to something you can buy a lot cheaper off the net. But that's in parts.

So... can I, the technologically challenged, put together a PC? I mean it too. Don't underestimate the stupidity. Most technical thing I ever done was install an SSD with your help Jow Forums and I found it kinda hard. I don't want to bang my head against the wall cause I ruined my new expensive CPU putting it in wrong or end up electrocuting myself or anything.

I have a desktop that I'm thinking of selling to a friend. What would you say this system is worth?

AMD FX-8320
GTX 970
8GB DDR3
800W PSU
ASrock 970 pro mobo
128GB SSD
2x1TB HDDs

What would code resulting in Cognitive Dissonance look like?

Attached: DpTDZ-WV4AAljsl.jpg (918x1163, 80K)

highest temps during p95
had the highest at 82c during a game i played dont know which
old shit laptop from 2011, nothing changed what so ever, just making sure the fans are dust-free a couple of times a year

Attached: nigger.png (518x169, 16K)

I watched the tigerdirect PC building videos on youtube to learn. It's crazy simple, you just need to familiarize yourself with the parts and the process. It's very hard to mess up. Find some long PC build videos online and watch them and decide for yourself whether you want to put in the effort

Good to know and I can see you are using i3 dual core. What are your idle temps?

$500

Which console does true 4k for €400?

500-600$

What could cause my monitor to only show output when coldbooting, and not when rebooting?
It always ends up displaying shit when it reaches the login screen but it's really annoying having to turn off my pc to do anything in the bios.

my gpu sits around 55c idle with the fans off
is this ok? I tried turning up some case fans for better airflow but it hasn't helped

The console is a pretty low spec PC. It basically has a shitty laptop CPU that was outdated back in 2011, the cheapest laptop hard drive, 8GB of ram and a RX 570 graphics card. You can have that if you want, but no one recommends it because it's not a very good configuration. You would end up having to render most games in 1200p and upscale them for your 4k monitor, which is what the "4k" consoles have to do. The hardware required to actually render in 4k with high settings and a decent frame rate is, as you said, too expensive for most normals. What's the deal with wanting to play at 4K with such cheap hardware anyway? You'd get better image quality with a regular 1080p panel.

Personally, I'd say it's the console that's not worth it. I can't think of a reason to buy one over the equivalent PC parts, which will be a lot more useful for a lot more things, unless you really must have the exclusive games. I do have a PS4 for some weeb shit but I also have a PC that eats the xbox one x for breakfast.

Guess there's no more advice to this situation, the advice I'm looking for is for the fact that I plan to use this email to migrate from my old one for account purposes, but as I'm already going to use enigmail to encrypt my emails I shouldn't have any problems like I would for a site such as gmail. Thanks for pointing me to actually making a cock.li account as I had largely ignored it before.

>So... can I, the technologically challenged, put together a PC? I mean it too.
Just watch some guides, it's impossible to fuck up unless you are truly mentally disabled. I'd say learning what the parts are and what goes where is harder than the actual process of building a PC. And, once you learn how to build a PC, upgrading parts to newer ones is piss easy. Building your own rig is fun

intel hasn't changed their socket since sandy bridge if not before then. i think you will be fine. i'm using mine with an 8700k.

Yeah I thought so, thanks user.

Why is my game changing the screen to the wrong resolution?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMGfcw_lj6c

Don't worry too much about temperature now, it's starting to get colder.

>with the fans off
It's fine.

Turn off overscan either in the card or the monitor itself

54c when doing absolutely nothing

There's no overscan. The monitor shows the entire picture that the game sending, but for some reason it's rendering the 960x720 image to a 1024x768 framebuffer.

Overscan is actually the solution. I was able to stretch the image in the OSD so that it looks right in this game, but now the desktop is way overscanned. I'd rather not have to adjust it every time I play 2hu.

A-anyone?

dont know if this is a proper question for here or the linux thread, want to migrate back to linux but steam play says shit like distant worlds, hoi3, eu3, etc wont work. anyone have luck getting these to run

Is there any reason why
int variable = argv[1];
if (variable

Using windows 7 with an i7 7700k.
is it REALLY necessary to upgrade to 10, or can I just stick with 7 and a linux dual boot.

The pressure release is much MUCH smaller than the partial pressure of gas dissolved in the liquid.

Why are there always lolis in the OPs for these threads?

terminal parameters are passed as strings, if you want to convert the parameter to an integer you first have to convert it using atoi()

sankyu

Okay, thanks. Mine is 52c

Does it make sense to make an insert using a @NamedQuery?

I'm trying to make a web application using java server faces for context.

Attached: ask.jpg (1024x1536, 131K)

Because lolis are olev

>attempting to figure out how to use fork()
>not using exec()
>using fork() to give a value to a pid_t variable
>program checks if the pid is less than 0 and returns an error if so, then checks if it is 0 and if so the child runs, parent comes last
>parent has a wait in it and nothing else
>never runs the error or the child, parent runs normally
>trying to print the pid causes a segmentation fault
Any idea what's going on here?

Attached: 1526532722108.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Is there a way to hide this, perhaps with css or something? Ty

Attached: Untitled.png (849x129, 18K)

nigga that's part of the browser

not sure about "came with gpus", but this is the only one i tried
toastytech.com/guis/3dna.html

No, W10 is worse than 7.
There is Windows 10 LTSB if you ever need windows 10, or LTSC once it gets fixed.

Continued frustration blog, I can't for the life of me figure out what the fuck is happening. Literally all documentation on fork() says it gives the child process a PID of 0 which is what I'm testing for, yet the if statement on the pid variable always returns false, and like I said I can't print the pid variable or whatever else fork() might return to check it because it just causes a fucking segmentation fault.

All I can figure out is that there must be some kind of shit going on in the background or some kind of complication added by the fact I'm running in a VM, because it shouldn't be doing this.

Because TH16 wasnt designed to run in a CRT at 4:3, only at 16:9.

>long term support version
>"once it gets fixed"
how long do they need?
lts is supposed to be 'the fixed one'

All 1809 releases were fucked since release with huge amount of bugs because the October update was rushed.
Its not only LTSC the one having troubles but all 1809 windows versions.
ISOs will be re-released eventually.

So I bought a used game and it's very obviously been refurbished using the toothpaste method. There's toothpaste stuck in the middle clear part. Is there a way to clean that or should I just return it?

Attached: Toothpaste.jpg (2272x1840, 1.14M)

bump
ive installed fucking russian lang pack but nothing changes

It will get fixed with LTSD in 2021

You know the toothpaste method doesn't work and it actually damages discs right?
Get isopropyl alcohol and cotton to clean it.

Change locale to russian.

but how do you "rush" an LTS? microsoft should take some hints from debian on how to do an LTS, because if it's been 2 years since the last LTS and it still ends up a rushed, broken job, you're doing something horribly wrong
you don't randomly 'feature freeze and ship', you freeze far before shipping, and only patch it for security bugs for a while, /then/ ship

Because LTSB and LTSC aren't releases done from scratch they are a mix of their respective Server and Enterprise releases.

Example LTSB 2016 is Windows server 2016 (1607) but without all the shit and bloat from a normal(Pro/Home) version.
LTSC is based from the 1809 Enterprise release which like all other 1809 releases(Home , Pro, Enterprise) releases were rushed.

Even some trashy used game stores have disc cleaner machines now. You could look for a place that does and hope they don't charge

• ᠌ ᠌ •

᠌᠌ ᠌

>restart VM
>try it again
>same issues
>now if i use an incorrect number of arguments instead of letting it check for that normally it just gets a segmentation fault and closes
man this is some bullshit

Attached: 1485314228622.jpg (224x225, 7K)

but the game is 4:3 only???

I'm just going to return it then, the isopropyl alcohol didn't clean it I don't want toothpaste inside my wii.

Attached: ToothpasteCloseup.jpg (5344x3008, 3.38M)

My adblockers were fucking up my websites, so I dropped them. What adblockers do you guys use?

>Change locale to russian.
OK, i thought installing the package and having it accessible by wind0wns would suffice, i was wrong... fucking m$

DNScrypt isn't working on my router. I have set it up and everything, and the same settings work on my Australian friends router and he can access this website, but i cant.
I don't have anything set up on my router or on windows.. I tried reinstalling dnscrypt but it still doesn't work.

I'm trying to access hdo.to/ btw

Attached: Capture.png (706x308, 31K)

So if I get something like this

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815256014&cm_re=pcie_m.2_adapter-_-15-256-014-_-Product

And some random m.2 drive with a b or b+m key, I'll be able to boot from the SSD, in any computer that has a free sata port and free PCIe x 4+ lane, regardless of whether or not the motherboard was made able to boot from pcie drives?

Attached: 20181018_200222.jpg (2048x1152, 743K)

I don't know specifically but I imagine it's similar to booting to drive connected to a PCI sata card.

Some motherboards do not post pci-e slots during init and it may not be available for booting from.

pls halp, I can't find anything online as to why the process in the middle wouldn't execute. fork() causes a segmentation fault whenever I try to actually SEE the value that it's returning, which according to literally every source on it anywhere should either be -1 (which should cause the first if statement to execute, but it doesn't) or 0 (which should cause the else if to execute, but it doesn't).

Attached: 2018-10-18 20_15_41-Window.png (612x428, 23K)

And just like the rest of the parts, I assume there is a way to hide it via userChrome.css, famalam.
Firefox > Chrome

uBlock Origin

>Verify the integrity of a package using rpm to see if any of its files have been altered since installation. (you will be asked to demonstrate this when your assignment is marked, it doesn't matter which package you choose)

wtf does this mean so like rpm -V?

>so like rpm -V?
That's how you would verify a package with rpm, yes.

but nothing happens when do the command

Compiler warnings are there for a reason.
>warning: passing argument 1 of ‘printf’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
> printf(collatzer);